HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Think about next season...

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2006, 02:56 AM
KOVALEV10*

vCash: 500
Think about next season...

Since this year is pretty much lost again and even if we squeeze in the playoffs we're gonna get pummeled by the sens. Anyways here's the long list of players I want to see gone.

Ribeiro- Slow, bad defensively, hands of stone

Zednik: Loses puck too often, sellfish, often screws up scoring chances, cant pass

Souray- Slow, takes bad penalties, gets easily beaten one on one, is injury prone and cant make a first pass

Bonk: Slow, makes boneheaded defensive mistakes, takes stupid penalties and does nothng offensively

Sundstrom: Too soft, cant score, cant make plays, doesnt really kill penalties, basically our present joe juneau

Dandenault: Afraid to take a hit, cant clear his zone and has only scored 1 goal

Streit- Bad defensively and offensively, need I say more?

Komisarek- Bad defensively, offensively, slow, stupid penalties, cant pass, seriously I dont see what people see in him.

Theodore- Need I say more?

Here's what our lineup would look like.

Ryder- Koivu- Kovalev
Bulis- Plekanec- Perezhogin
Begin- Higgins- Latendresse
Kostsitsyn- 0Chipchura ==

Basically put our rookies/sophomores come next year on whichever line you want. A lot of good young guys in pleks, perez, higgins, latendresse, kostitsyn, chipchura, ryder and our two best veterans koivu and kovalev. Add to that a hard working guy in Begin and Bulis and you got yourself a pretty fast and decent offense. Insert whatever player you want in the final spot.

Markov ---
Rivet ---
Bouillon ---

Now this is the real problem. We have to acquire at least 2 good defenseman because quite frankly our defense blows. Markov is great, Rivet is a good number 3 at best and Bouillon is well bouillon. Sign some good free agent defenseman or see what you can get when you trade guys like Theo, Ribs, Zed, Souray, etc. But fix it and fix it fast please!!!

Price
Huet

Thoughts?

Old
01-27-2006, 04:36 AM
Rayne*

I do agree that a lot of those guys need to be gone, like Ribs, Bonk, Dandy, and Komisarek. However, others like Zeds, Sunny, and Souray I'd like to keep around. Theodore I'm questioning, since we put the weight of the team on a backup (Thibault) when we lost our #1 goalie (Roy) before, and look what happened. I'm not saying Theodore is Roy, but the situation is similar.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I'd keep Souray and Komisarek. Souray is actually pretty good, even though he's had some bad patches this year. Komisarek is finally playing regularly, which should have happened years ago in his development. Don't forget he missed nearly all of last year with a hip injury, big defencemen take a long time to mature, and he was a long-term project when he was drafted. I can't see the point of giving up on him now. The Stevens-Pronger projections were always overblown. It's not a reason to dump a 7th overall pick in mid-development because he won't become a Hall of Fame defenceman.

But who would replace them, and how? Anyone playing on this team right now would be a dud. Besides, Aucoin, Foote and Gonchar have been much worse for their respective teams. It would be the same if they played in Montreal, even assuming they or someone similar could be convinced to come here.

As for the rest, it hardly matters. They're either fringe players who can be shed and replaced pretty easily, or they're overpaid veterans under contract who can't be moved easily if at all. Probably the only one who would get some interest is Zednik. The rest are pretty much stuck here until they play better or get cut loose through buy-outs or pay-another-team-to-take-them kind of trades.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:52 AM
Netro

You can't field a team with so many young players. They need leaders. Throw them to the wolves with the appropriate leadership and you can ruin their careers.

Old
01-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Devulous

I'd get rid of Kovalev too, for 4.5 million he just isn't worth it. I also beleive you CAN throw rookies to the wolves, alot of great players seem to be put into that situation when they are young(Lemieux, Ovechkin off the top of my head)

Old
01-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

I'd keep Souray

The team need this type of D.

Good Canadians boy

Old
01-27-2006, 01:56 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

I'd keep Kovy for sure, we need to have a real leader with him that's it. And nobody wants a 4.5M$ contract for Kovy

Old
01-27-2006, 02:00 PM
Devulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDamned
I'd keep Kovy for sure, we need to have a real leader with him that's it. And nobody wants a 4.5M$ contract for Kovy
Leaders lead, they don't float around all game trying to decide whether or not to play hockey that night.

Old
01-27-2006, 02:05 PM
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devulous
Leaders lead, they don't float around all game trying to decide whether or not to play hockey that night.

Old
01-27-2006, 02:10 PM
leftwinger

All I have to say is I'm sick of waiting for next year. I've been waiting for next year for the last 15 years! I've had enough... I don't care who is/was GM, coaching, presiding or recruiting.

This ain't Nashville or Pheonix... Give us a REAL team! Enough is enough!!

Last edited by leftwinger: 01-27-2006 at 02:15 PM. Reason: changing, adding
Old
01-27-2006, 02:15 PM
Shabutie

Ideal line-up for next year;

Kost - Koivu/UFA - Kovalev
Lats/Perez - Pleks - Ryder
Higgins - Chipchura - Perez/Lats (I think they'll both alternate between lines throughout the season)
Murray - Begin - Downey (I think this is the PERFECT fourth line)

This line-up would be FILLED with 2 way players that would hardly cost us anything (other than Koivu - Kovalev).

Markov - 1st pairing FA (Dream: Redden)
Rivet - Souray (He's had a bad season but I'm possitive that he can turn it around)
Bouillon - Komo/FA

Players who we need to let go; Bonk, Sunny, Zednik, Dandenault, Streit.
Players who we COULD let go; Bulis (players in the system can do the same), Souray (I do expect him to regain form, but maybe Gainey will lose faith), Koivu (never know..), Kovalev (unless he regains his Pens days) Ribeiro (self-explanitory).

Dream Team: I'd like to add that if we could get rid of Kovalev, we could dish out $6m in hopes to get Joe Sakic (or an equally good Leader/FA).

Closed Thread