HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers trying to ship Weekes to EDM

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2006, 03:46 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Like I said, not saying I would do it but I won't be surprised.

If Montoya goes, the Rangers will likely keep their own first and possibly even look to move up with that pick as well.

Another area of note, the Rangers have 3 forwards in Hartford right now who could be NHL ready for next season: Dawes, Immonen and Helminen.

The question for the Rangers will be "Which bottom 6 players are the long term ones". They already have Betts and Moore, so I honestly won't be suprised if someone is moved.

From what I understand, the Rangers want to use some depth in positions they feel comfortable with to fill voids left in other areas (aka a young first line center and either a bigger defenseman or a scoring winger). So I won't be the least bit surprised to see a goalie moved and possibly a steady checking prospect in a package.

Old
01-28-2006, 07:08 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Like I said, not saying I would do it but I won't be surprised.

If Montoya goes, the Rangers will likely keep their own first and possibly even look to move up with that pick as well.

Another area of note, the Rangers have 3 forwards in Hartford right now who could be NHL ready for next season: Dawes, Immonen and Helminen.

The question for the Rangers will be "Which bottom 6 players are the long term ones". They already have Betts and Moore, so I honestly won't be suprised if someone is moved.

From what I understand, the Rangers want to use some depth in positions they feel comfortable with to fill voids left in other areas (aka a young first line center and either a bigger defenseman or a scoring winger). So I won't be the least bit surprised to see a goalie moved and possibly a steady checking prospect in a package.
That fall in line with some of what I've previously said. I, for one, would not be surprised if either Immonen or Dawes went in the RIGHT deal. First of all, Prucha has already established himself as a legit NHL top six forward. I just don't see the Rangers having too many diminutive wingers in their top six. I expect the Rangers to re-sign Sykora - he fits what this team is trying to do like a glove, and is still only 29. Next year, Hartford will probably have another influx of young talent coming in, with players like Korpikoski, Bahensky, GMoore, Callahan and Dubinsky, all ready to fill the forwards spots. Plus, both Jessiman and Graham should be spending another year there. Jagr is here no question. And, I would think at least one of Straka or Rucinsky will be brought back. Plus, we have the Rangers targeting a franchise center in the draft. Enough depth exists that the Rangers could move Dawes or Immonen, replacing them in the system in the 1st round with picks (especially if they keep their own #1, while trading a Montoya to take a Staal, Mueller or Toews, and then using their own #1 on another quality forward.)

Old
01-28-2006, 10:41 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
Hollweg is a nice player but as a rookie he can sit.
Why? What is the reason? You still have not answered that.

Quote:
]His goal production isn't there
And Laraques one goal is?

Quote:
and he is a willing hitter and fighter but doesn't scare anyone with either.
So he sits because he does not scare anyone?

Quote:
]Orts is a great pk player and fantastic team player but Villie isn't a home grown player nor is he playing that well that he can't be replaced. He has hands of stone takes a ton od dumb hooking and high sticking calls and you guys love him.
Most of us have been proponents of Neimo missing games, so I have no idea where you are getting the lovefest from. But if Ortmeyer and Neimo have hands of stone, then what does Laraques 1 whole goal indicate?

Quote:
Ward is another player that i love his energy but has he scored? nope
And praytell what scoring has Laraque done?

Quote:
has he dropped the gloves even once? nope.
So Ward is another player to sit simply becuase he does not drop the gloves?

Quote:
George is used in a checking role
And? What indicator that he would be better on such a line than either Ward or Ortmeyer?

Quote:
not to mention he dropped the Boogy man and Mcgratton this year and is a feared fighter.
So that is your entier rationale? That is why he should replace Hollweg, or Ortmeyer or Ward?

Quote:
All i am saying is that come the playoff you guys will be that we lacked size and grit
Look, I like big Georges. But he has to do something better than they guys you are naming. Something besides being able to fight, that is. You are not naming anything aside from that, that he would be better at. There needs to be room for him and he has to show what he can contribute to replace the guys you are naming. Oh, and while I agree and lament about this team being soft and not nearly physical enough for the playoffs, they ARE gritty.

Old
01-28-2006, 11:04 AM
chosen

I'm astounded that anyone would be looking to sit out Moore considering how he has played this year. Guys who play outstanding defense along with decent offensive skills are tough to find.

Old
01-28-2006, 11:26 AM
eco's bones

To me Moore, Ward and Ortmeyer are locks for our everyday lineup as much as Jagr is. I can't understand how anyone could even contemplate leaving them out of the lineup. They are needed for the pk first and foremost but even their offensive contributions have not been bad for 3rd and 4th liners. One can see Ward and Moore in the 10-15 goal range at season's end very easily. I don't hate to say it but those are good numbers for 3rd and 4th liners. I'm sorry but I worry much more about winning games than spilling other teams' blood. Would a motivated Laraque be a good player for us? Without a doubt but it's a very legitimate question--exactly who he's going to replace. I don't think even a motivated Laraque is a real big upgrade on either Nieminen or Hollweg and the idea that we'll need his kind of presence come the playoffs is not necessarily true. Players who just fight tend to get less or no ice time come playoff time and there is usually very few fights during the postseason.

Closed Thread