HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Marshall still whining over Kaspar hit...

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2006, 06:49 AM
Infensus

vCash: 500
Marshall still whining over Kaspar hit...

Article Here

Of course, if it was a Stevens hit he would be singing a different tune...

Old
01-27-2006, 06:57 AM
DutchShamrock

I just don't see how Kasper is responsible for Marshall's previously broken neck. So Stevens shouldn't have checked Lindros because he suffered from concussions before. If Marshall still hasn't recovered he should retire. And Kasperitis should be suspended because there was an injury on the play? Nice standard. "Cowardice hit" huh. The Devils would know, they're sending apparently the biggest coward's number to the rafters soon.

Old
01-27-2006, 07:24 AM
Infensus

That's pretty much how I feel. Stevens hit Lindros knowing Lindros was not looking and gave him a career threatening concussion. However, it was a "legal hit" therefor nothing would happen, and nothing should have happened.

However, when another player does it, now it is cowardly and deserves suspension due to injury.

It's part of the game, no one likes when another player gets injured, except Stevens who looked for unaware players in order to harm them with the "big hit", and Marshall needs to get over it and move on.

Old
01-27-2006, 07:31 AM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

Marshall needs get well so Kasper can hit him again.

Old
01-27-2006, 07:37 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya
I just don't see how Kasper is responsible for Marshall's previously broken neck. So Stevens shouldn't have checked Lindros because he suffered from concussions before. If Marshall still hasn't recovered he should retire. And Kasperitis should be suspended because there was an injury on the play? Nice standard. "Cowardice hit" huh. The Devils would know, they're sending apparently the biggest coward's number to the rafters soon.
You forgot him checking Kariya AFTER he had sustained a serious concussion. I'm sure a lot of players have had an injury before they got to the NHL. Does that mean they can't be hit legally?

Old
01-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck
Marshall needs get well so Kasper can hit him again.
Marshall played last night and didn't show any effects from the hit, playing even strength and on the power play.

Old
01-27-2006, 09:16 AM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Wow, I didn't know Marshall was like this. I used to have respect for him, but not anymore.

Old
01-27-2006, 10:12 AM
GentlemanOfLeisure
Ride Space Mountain

He'll get his. Trust me. Eventually. In life, what goes around, comes around. I m not worried, neither should Mike Grier, Tim Connolly, or Grant Marshall.

Old
01-27-2006, 10:20 AM
frohli44

Send a message via ICQ to frohli44 Send a message via AIM to frohli44

Old
01-27-2006, 10:53 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machoking2003-04
He'll get his. Trust me. Eventually. In life, what goes around, comes around. I m not worried, neither should Mike Grier, Tim Connolly, or Grant Marshall.
I am sure that like Ulfie and Marchment, he quakes in his sleep regarding retribution. I am sure that he fears people as much as Stevens did. Let's recall that while there is no doubt that Stevens hits were clean, whether or not they were "appropriate" was always the debate. Much like the legal hip check.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:02 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
"I just thought it was a cowardice hit."
kaspar hit him so hard he forgot how to speak english. even cowardly wouldn't fit into that sentence, since a coward runs away, he doesn't throw his body into an opponent.

though, it was funny reading devils boards saying how coly loves the rangers and still works for us.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:10 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Marshall should keep his mouth shut and if he feels that he was wronged by Kasper, next game they meet, just go out and pound him into submission, but put a lid on it for now.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:32 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil
Marshall should keep his mouth shut and if he feels that he was wronged by Kasper, next game they meet, just go out and pound him into submission, but put a lid on it for now.
Agreed. Personally as I remember the play Kaspar hits Brylin along the boards and then follows the progress of the puck (and around other players) to Marshall in the corner. I don't really believe that Kaspar set out to hurt Grant and if it was your d-man you would want him walloping the player in the same situation. I don't think you stop and ask yourself 'does this guy know I'm coming'? I think some of what resulted was due to the position of both of their bodies as the play unfolded. In any case if Grant has a problem with it--he's pretty tough--let him handle it on the ice. To me he's blown it all out of proportion.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:41 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones
Agreed. Personally as I remember the play Kaspar hits Brylin along the boards and then follows the progress of the puck (and around other players) to Marshall in the corner. I don't really believe that Kaspar set out to hurt Grant and if it was your d-man you would want him walloping the player in the same situation. I don't think you stop and ask yourself 'does this guy know I'm coming'? I think some of what resulted was due to the position of both of their bodies as the play unfolded. In any case if Grant has a problem with it--he's pretty tough--let him handle it on the ice. To me he's blown it all out of proportion.
I'll take that one further - OF COURSE you look to hit the guy when he's not expecting it (although you do it cleanly). Whenever you blow a guy up like that you get the double benefit of a)getting the crowd into it and, more importantly, b)knocking him out of the play for 5-10 seconds. Think of how many times you've seen an offensive play break down and go the other way because one of the players was suddenly sprawled on the ice and unable to effectively play the puck or a goal scored because a Dman is scrambling to get back into position while the forward he should've been covering is open 10 feet in front of the net.

Of course, having said that, it's still an art, because if you miss, you're taking yourself out of the play in the same way. (Kasparitis, for example, has been guilty of that in past years.)

Old
01-27-2006, 12:42 PM
TheZherdev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
You forgot him checking Kariya AFTER he had sustained a serious concussion. I'm sure a lot of players have had an injury before they got to the NHL. Does that mean they can't be hit legally?
I loved how Kariya shoved in his face when he scored that sick GWG. He became one of my fav players after that. He put it that damn devils.

Old
01-27-2006, 12:48 PM
FLYLine24*

Cue the Orchestra:

Old
01-27-2006, 12:52 PM
GRETZKY_99

Kasper shouldn't play hockey cuz he's not good at it..

Old
01-27-2006, 04:40 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727
I loved how Kariya shoved in his face when he scored that sick GWG. He became one of my fav players after that. He put it that damn devils.
I don't think it was a GWG, but they did pull Brodeur after that. I thought Kariya was dead after that hit. You could see his soul go back into his body with a puff of fog on his visor. Stevens also smashed Francis and no body really said boo about that. Ron Francis. Think about that. Now we're supposed to get in a huff over Greg Marhoffer or whatever his name is.

Old
01-27-2006, 08:40 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
I can't believe Marshall is doing all this. He's just embarrassed that someone who he thinks is not a true hockey player knocked him the **** out and now that nothings happening to kasper, hes throwing a temper tantrum. It's like a tough kid at recess, get's his *** kicked, and then *****es all the way back to his mom. Grow up.

Old
01-28-2006, 11:34 AM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Is kasper gonna be suspended or anything?

By the way, if you take away Kasper's hitting ability, you think he'd be able to crack an ECHL roster? seriously.

Old
01-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyjoe21

By the way, if you take away Kasper's hitting ability, you think he'd be able to crack an ECHL roster? seriously.
Seriously?

Old
01-28-2006, 11:49 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:

If Daniel Briere couldn't score or pass, could he? What difference does it make? Kaspar can hit and he's playing in the NHL.

01-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Ziggyjoe21

Send a message via AIM to Ziggyjoe21
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
If Daniel Briere couldn't score or pass, could he? What difference does it make? Kaspar can hit and he's playing in the NHL.
What difference does it make? Because he's a liability in all other areas. I've watched him as a pen and he was not good.

Old
01-28-2006, 06:56 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
What difference does it make? Because he's a liability in all other areas. I've watched him as a pen and he was not good.
For whatever reason, he's not a liability for the Rangers. He's overpaid in today's market but he's been rather dependable and has cut down on bad penalties.

Old
01-28-2006, 08:02 PM
GarretJoseph

cry me a river

Closed Thread