HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leafs vs Habs (upcoming)

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Charge_Seven

vCash: 500
Leafs vs Habs (upcoming)

Am I the only one looking forward to this, as it's going to be exactly what the doctor ordered for both of these teams?

Forgive me if I'm mistaken, but you guys aren't exactly having the best times of your season right now, and the Leafs, well...it's definitely been better.

Maybe both the teams can wake up with the Old Rivalry at stake. It'd certianly be a nice change over the ***** I've been seeing recently.

Maybe we can take it to OT/SO, so then at least we all get a point. haha

Old
01-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Artyukhin*

it's very possible there both playing so bad they could both end up losing

Old
01-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie
haha

Gary Bettman: I'm sorry to have to do this...but you're both a disgrace, and you will be locked out for the remainder of the 2005-2006 season. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this, but we need entertainment certainty.

Old
01-27-2006, 08:32 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Never thought I would see the day where a Habs-Leafs game wouldnt really interest me. Two teams palying horrible hockey, it will come down to who plays worse.

Old
01-27-2006, 08:32 AM
TornACL

Quote:

I hope they don't

Old
01-27-2006, 08:35 AM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality
Never thought I would see the day where a Habs-Leafs game wouldnt really interest me. Two teams palying horrible hockey, it will come down to who plays worse.
Aki Berg is out, so you're going to need a new secret weapon to beat us

(I like Berg though, really, he's not a bad #6 at all)

Old
01-27-2006, 08:42 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Even if both teams play great, whoever loses that game is going to go home feeling really down. If Toronto win, they end their streak and they have a glimmer of hope that things will turn around, if they lose, the streak continues in front of their home fans and they have to wait even longer to get that win they desperately need. If Montreal win, well, it gets us two points, but the way we are playing, we dont know if we will even be a factor in the following game so even a win may well be followed by losing 2 or 3 games, and if we lose, we lose to what by all accounts is a REALLY bad leafs team in Toronto once again this season and live in front of Canada, which you can bet there would be some fallout in the media after.

The best Montreal can hope for is whichever goalie plays, gives them a chance, the majority of the players play like they care and at least one person on the top line finds something that they would be proud to describe as form. To be honest, i'd be more worried about getting a solid effort from the team than the 2 points, we have seen what getting 2 points can do after the Flyers, it did very little. A good effort and a strong game may mean more to us in the long run.

It should be an interesting, hopefully exciting game, but one team is going to lose and whoever it is will be hoping that its an ultra-tight game or decided by bad refereeing cos a poor effort in a loss between these 2 rivals could cause some big changes for whoever doesn't claim victory. The Habs can win it, but only as a team cos if we rely on 2 or 3 players again to pull us through, it may not happen against a desperate Leafs team with their fans cheering them on.

Old
01-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1000
I think it's going to be an interesting game. A lot of my fellow Habs fans have given up on the season and it's hard not to be frustrated after a performance like last night. But I still believe this team has enough talent to get into the playoffs. We are only 2 out with games in hand and it will only take a 3-4 game winning streak to put us right back in the playoff picture.

Clearly we have guys who not performing to their potential. It's not like all our players suck, they just aren't playing well. If they somehow wake up then we are once a stronger team. Whether or not it happens is another story but I still think it CAN happen. Saturday night would be a great place to start.

FYI...we faced 4 division leaders so far out of 5 games on this road trip. That's pretty tough.

Old
01-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Bloodline

Quote:

Old
01-27-2006, 09:32 AM
bjac

Sure Montreal is struggling, but when people say that they are out of the playoff picture is kind of rediculous. Winning against the leafs puts us in a tie for 8th with Atlanta....

Old
01-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Reiher

they'll both stay in their own end, sit down and cry, that's how badly they don't care about the game
the ref will be at centre for the opening face off to just see a bunch of whinning boys sitting around their respective goalies being pansies with long faces depressed and uninterested in playing. Maybe one of them will be thoughtful enouch to bring a deck of cards to blow things over. Meanwhile the ref will say **** it and drop the puck despite there be no one there and go join the card game. The highlight of the game will be when ribiero loses too many games in a row and sits in a corner and pouts. If there's to be a potential miracle to see some hockey maybe, just maybe if we are extremly lucky by the end of the 3rd one of the guys will get up and lightly touch the puck in a last sad attempt to regain some confidence.

Old
01-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Gros Bill

I hate the Leafs, a whiny bunch of over-the-hill never-weres. So I hope we really smack 'em around on saturday. Plus we need the 2 points.

Old
01-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Habsaku

You know, I think that if we get outplayed by the leafs, then we can take the title of most hearltless team in the league.

Old
01-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
FYI...we faced 4 division leaders so far out of 5 games on this road trip. That's pretty tough.
Yup. And that's where all those earlier losses to bottom feeders really hurt.

Old
01-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Schenn02

Hey guys

Lets hope both teams aren't the disgrace of Canada tomorrow night. National broadcast, should be fun. Probably the only thing the Leafs can take pride in is knowing that they've owned Montreal this season. Hopefully it continues tomorrow night. Good luck tomorrow (but not too much )

Old
01-27-2006, 11:24 AM
lynx

I'm definitely looking forward to it. Whoever loses this game will have the entire country looking at them as the worst team in Canada. And they'd be right.

Old
01-27-2006, 12:22 PM
joepeps

Please go easy on us... lol Montreal Canadiens Vs The Toronto Marlies defence

Old
01-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Mauri11*

Our defence for this game:

Kaberle - Khavanov
Woznieuski - Klee
Harrison - Kronwall

LOL!

Easy two points for you guys.

Old
01-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assmo
Our defence for this game:

Kaberle - Khavanov
Woznieuski - Klee
Harrison - Kronwall

LOL!

Easy two points for you guys.
Is that the same Kronwall that Souray beat the snot out of in Sweden last year? Shame there wont be a rematch if it is.

As for your defence, we may destroy it or we may make them look like heros and i genuinely dont know which. Normally, i'd hope that we humiliate the Leafs whenever we play but tomorrow i just want all our boys to compete and try get at least a point. Two would be great, but i'll take nothing for granted with the way Montreal has played at times this season.

Closed Thread