Notices

Not standing up for Gabby

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Goldy

vCash: 500
Not standing up for Gabby

Interesting quote from Cap'n Willie in today's Strib http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/205602.html

The article talked about standing up for your teammates, like Mitchell did against Phoenix.

"One pattern keeps emerging -- not standing up for Marian Gaborik.

In Pittsburgh last month, Lyle Odelein twice punched Gaborik in the face after a whistle. Nobody came to Gaborik's defense. Against Calgary Jan. 14, Robyn Regehr hit Gaborik hard after a whistle. Nobody came to Gaborik's defense. Last week against Chicago, Todd Simpson rode Gaborik into the glass after he scored. Nobody came to Gaborik's defense.

Mitchell said the circumstances have to be right to stand up for a teammate, but Mitchell conceded that sometimes Wild players don't stand up for Gaborik because he "tends to provoke the shots" by whacking and slashing opponents.

"Sometimes he's got to, not answer the bell, but understand that when he does that stuff, he's going to get shots back," Mitchell said. "You see him out there, he'll swing a heavy stick.""

Old
01-27-2006, 01:47 PM
GRETZKY_99

Old
01-27-2006, 01:58 PM
ceber

Unless Gabby's unhappy about it or the shots are serious (that Chicago one from Simpson was a love shove), I see no worry. I wouldn't mind seeing Gaborik get a little more edge to him.

Old
01-27-2006, 01:59 PM
GRETZKY_99

I wouldn't mind seeing Gaborik involved in a fight just like hossa the other day..

Old
01-27-2006, 02:53 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Why do I fear that we are looking at trading Gaborik?

Old
01-27-2006, 03:24 PM
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
Saku Koivu & Perezogan+........ for Gabby + Defenceman

Old
01-27-2006, 03:28 PM
ceber

Quote:
Unfounded, I think. You think DR would make a move like that? C'mon.. look how long it took him to move guys like Darby, Dowd, Brown, etc. I think his Calgary days have him staying away from the big trades.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:19 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:

because you spend too much time posting at wild.com and here.

Old
01-27-2006, 04:49 PM
wildslip

the team would be doomed with him gone the morale would go down big time thats what happens when the team loses there best player.... who would be there franchise player.....ya unless we loss everygame from now on to get the 1 pick which wont happen... sooo stop think gabby will get traded some ppl should be slapped

Old
01-27-2006, 06:01 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
because you spend too much time posting at wild.com and here.
That's too true...Okay! I'm leaving everyone!

Old
01-28-2006, 01:23 AM
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildslip
the team would be doomed with him gone the morale would go down big time thats what happens when the team loses there best player.... who would be there franchise player.....ya unless we loss everygame from now on to get the 1 pick which wont happen... sooo stop think gabby will get traded some ppl should be slapped
I agree.

Just say no to Gabby trade proposals!!!

Old
01-28-2006, 02:15 AM
vitogor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildslip
Sometimes the best player is also the cancer (Lindros anybody?) I'm not saying that's the case here, but you can't dismiss the possibility. And with Willie's latest comments, I'm somewhat worried. Tougher teammates should stand up for the team's best player no matter what, no matter if he is right or wrong. If it's not happening, something is wrong in that locker room IMO.

Old
01-28-2006, 09:36 PM
wildslip

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16
Sometimes the best player is also the cancer (Lindros anybody?) I'm not saying that's the case here, but you can't dismiss the possibility. And with Willie's latest comments, I'm somewhat worried. Tougher teammates should stand up for the team's best player no matter what, no matter if he is right or wrong. If it's not happening, something is wrong in that locker room IMO.
ya well what mitchell is sayign that u cant protect a player everytime he does somethign.. u would eb in the box every minute of every game.. gaborik just needs to learn to be stupid at the rite times and then he will get protected if needed... gabby i am sure can handle himselve if it was nessecary...

Old
01-29-2006, 12:03 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by #16
When has Gaborik needed sticking up for? I don't put much into that stuff in the paper. The things they mention as somehow requiring "sticking up for" are nothing serious really. Every star player deals with stuff like that every game, and it doesn't lead to fights, instigators, or even pushing and shoving. I've yet to see a dirty hit on Gaborik this season or anyone really giving it to him to the point where he needs help. Before we call him a cancer and assume everyone hates him, let's see something actually happen during a game and see if he's just left to his own defense. An extra bump here and there or the occasional facewash is nothing.

Old
01-29-2006, 02:49 AM
wildslip

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
When has Gaborik needed sticking up for? I don't put much into that stuff in the paper. The things they mention as somehow requiring "sticking up for" are nothing serious really. Every star player deals with stuff like that every game, and it doesn't lead to fights, instigators, or even pushing and shoving. I've yet to see a dirty hit on Gaborik this season or anyone really giving it to him to the point where he needs help. Before we call him a cancer and assume everyone hates him, let's see something actually happen during a game and see if he's just left to his own defense. An extra bump here and there or the occasional facewash is nothing.
Exactly

Closed Thread