HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Not standing up for Gabby

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-27-2006, 01:32 PM
  #1
Goldy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 189
vCash: 500
Not standing up for Gabby

Interesting quote from Cap'n Willie in today's Strib http://www.startribune.com/1330/story/205602.html

The article talked about standing up for your teammates, like Mitchell did against Phoenix.

"One pattern keeps emerging -- not standing up for Marian Gaborik.

In Pittsburgh last month, Lyle Odelein twice punched Gaborik in the face after a whistle. Nobody came to Gaborik's defense. Against Calgary Jan. 14, Robyn Regehr hit Gaborik hard after a whistle. Nobody came to Gaborik's defense. Last week against Chicago, Todd Simpson rode Gaborik into the glass after he scored. Nobody came to Gaborik's defense.

Mitchell said the circumstances have to be right to stand up for a teammate, but Mitchell conceded that sometimes Wild players don't stand up for Gaborik because he "tends to provoke the shots" by whacking and slashing opponents.

"Sometimes he's got to, not answer the bell, but understand that when he does that stuff, he's going to get shots back," Mitchell said. "You see him out there, he'll swing a heavy stick.""

Goldy is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 01:47 PM
  #2
GRETZKY_99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 377
vCash: 500

GRETZKY_99 is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 01:58 PM
  #3
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Unless Gabby's unhappy about it or the shots are serious (that Chicago one from Simpson was a love shove), I see no worry. I wouldn't mind seeing Gaborik get a little more edge to him.

ceber is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 01:59 PM
  #4
GRETZKY_99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
I wouldn't mind seeing Gaborik involved in a fight just like hossa the other day..

GRETZKY_99 is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 02:53 PM
  #5
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,590
vCash: 500
Why do I fear that we are looking at trading Gaborik?

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 03:24 PM
  #6
HABIMUS-MAXIMUS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Downtown MTL
Posts: 382
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
Why do I fear that we are looking at trading Gaborik?
Saku Koivu & Perezogan+........ for Gabby + Defenceman

HABIMUS-MAXIMUS is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 03:28 PM
  #7
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
Why do I fear that we are looking at trading Gaborik?
Unfounded, I think. You think DR would make a move like that? C'mon.. look how long it took him to move guys like Darby, Dowd, Brown, etc. I think his Calgary days have him staying away from the big trades.

ceber is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 04:19 PM
  #8
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness
 
firstroundbust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Parts Unknown
Country: United States
Posts: 5,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoobieDoobieDo
Why do I fear that we are looking at trading Gaborik?

because you spend too much time posting at wild.com and here.

firstroundbust is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 04:49 PM
  #9
wildslip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
the team would be doomed with him gone the morale would go down big time thats what happens when the team loses there best player.... who would be there franchise player.....ya unless we loss everygame from now on to get the 1 pick which wont happen... sooo stop think gabby will get traded some ppl should be slapped

wildslip is offline  
Old
01-27-2006, 06:01 PM
  #10
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,590
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO
because you spend too much time posting at wild.com and here.
That's too true...Okay! I'm leaving everyone!

thestonedkoala is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 01:23 AM
  #11
Wild Bill
Registered User
 
Wild Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildslip
the team would be doomed with him gone the morale would go down big time thats what happens when the team loses there best player.... who would be there franchise player.....ya unless we loss everygame from now on to get the 1 pick which wont happen... sooo stop think gabby will get traded some ppl should be slapped
I agree.

Just say no to Gabby trade proposals!!!

Wild Bill is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 02:15 AM
  #12
vitogor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Minnesota
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 3,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildslip
the team would be doomed with him gone the morale would go down big time thats what happens when the team loses there best player.... who would be there franchise player.....ya unless we loss everygame from now on to get the 1 pick which wont happen... sooo stop think gabby will get traded some ppl should be slapped
Sometimes the best player is also the cancer (Lindros anybody?) I'm not saying that's the case here, but you can't dismiss the possibility. And with Willie's latest comments, I'm somewhat worried. Tougher teammates should stand up for the team's best player no matter what, no matter if he is right or wrong. If it's not happening, something is wrong in that locker room IMO.

vitogor is offline  
Old
01-28-2006, 09:36 PM
  #13
wildslip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #16
Sometimes the best player is also the cancer (Lindros anybody?) I'm not saying that's the case here, but you can't dismiss the possibility. And with Willie's latest comments, I'm somewhat worried. Tougher teammates should stand up for the team's best player no matter what, no matter if he is right or wrong. If it's not happening, something is wrong in that locker room IMO.
ya well what mitchell is sayign that u cant protect a player everytime he does somethign.. u would eb in the box every minute of every game.. gaborik just needs to learn to be stupid at the rite times and then he will get protected if needed... gabby i am sure can handle himselve if it was nessecary...

wildslip is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 12:03 AM
  #14
ceber
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Wyoming, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #16
Sometimes the best player is also the cancer (Lindros anybody?) I'm not saying that's the case here, but you can't dismiss the possibility. And with Willie's latest comments, I'm somewhat worried. Tougher teammates should stand up for the team's best player no matter what, no matter if he is right or wrong. If it's not happening, something is wrong in that locker room IMO.
When has Gaborik needed sticking up for? I don't put much into that stuff in the paper. The things they mention as somehow requiring "sticking up for" are nothing serious really. Every star player deals with stuff like that every game, and it doesn't lead to fights, instigators, or even pushing and shoving. I've yet to see a dirty hit on Gaborik this season or anyone really giving it to him to the point where he needs help. Before we call him a cancer and assume everyone hates him, let's see something actually happen during a game and see if he's just left to his own defense. An extra bump here and there or the occasional facewash is nothing.

ceber is offline  
Old
01-29-2006, 02:49 AM
  #15
wildslip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Kelowna
Country: Canada
Posts: 322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber
When has Gaborik needed sticking up for? I don't put much into that stuff in the paper. The things they mention as somehow requiring "sticking up for" are nothing serious really. Every star player deals with stuff like that every game, and it doesn't lead to fights, instigators, or even pushing and shoving. I've yet to see a dirty hit on Gaborik this season or anyone really giving it to him to the point where he needs help. Before we call him a cancer and assume everyone hates him, let's see something actually happen during a game and see if he's just left to his own defense. An extra bump here and there or the occasional facewash is nothing.
Exactly

wildslip is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.