HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I've had time to think, and realized...

Closed Thread

Old
01-27-2006, 04:54 PM
two out of three*

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I've had time to think, and realized...

I need to calm down. After every game we lose I jump to conclusions on how we need to make a move, and how we need to fire the whole coaching staff. That's not the case. How bout we give the boys credit on how even w/ the injuries we've managed to scratch and get points? But no.

The Kings are a good hockey team. Sure they need help on Special Teams, but the players coming back will help that tremendously. We're without two of our top three forwards this year. (Demitra, and Belanger.) Belanger was probably our 3rd best forward this year behind Frolov, and Demitra. Demitra leads our team in points.

And I know what you're thinking.. So what? Its two players. Look at Toronto without Bryan McCabe. Belanger is gonna help on the PK alot to. We're slowly getting our players back.

And who knows what JR will come back from injury. In that game against the Canucks he was spectacular. I know that before he was horrid, but that was a game where he looked like the #1 center that we've all wanted him to be. Getting four key guys back from injury is HUGE for our depth.

And as for last night.. I think I was the only guy that thought the boys played good. The effort was there for sure. Sure there were a few defensive breakdowns (and I know you can't have those) but they still played hard. Garon could've made a few saves, but hey.. thats the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

And lets not forget that Edmonton is a great hockey team. With good goaltending they are the best team in the NHL. And I know MacTavish already said that.. But its the truth. Morrissonn (sp?) was stellar in net. I know that he gave up 3 goals.. But he really made some huge saves for the Oil.

Look at the next 10 games. We're getting our key guys back, and look at this next stretch of games. There is no reason why we cant go on a 10-0 tear. We can beat the Ducks with a good 60 minutes of hockey. We already beat the Wild.. Dominated the Blue Jackets. Had our way with the Stars.. And the Blackhawks aren't a very good team either. Can we not? We already beat the Stars with players out.

I'd love to get Doug Weight though. If we add him look how much tougher we become. Avery, Roenick, Weight, Parros, Brown. Not to mention he along w/ Demitra would help our PP like crazy. But All in all.. relax.. its gonna be okay.

And Joe Corvo for Norris. Now I'm done.

Old
01-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Sybil227

Congratulations on no longer being Jack Kent Cooke.
I have to disagree about last night, though. In addition to making defensive mistakes, we did NOT put in a good effort. Edmonton worked a lot harder and wanted that game more than us. Which is embarrassing in your own building. I don't think it's a trend; I'm not complaining about the team in general. But last night...yeah. We need to work a good deal harder than that if we want to win.

Old
01-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Riposte!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us
And the Blackhawks aren't a very good team either.
I should remind you to look at the game against San Jose earlier this week and the 5:00 major we had at the end of the game, and then recall that last time we lost to Chicago, we also had a 5:00 major in the final 10 minutes of the 3rd period.

We lost both games and failed to score on both (hell, we hardly even shot the puck). You give any other team in the league a 5:00 powerplay against the Kings, and they beat us hands down.

Just food for thought.

Old
01-27-2006, 05:16 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
I'm glad I don't call the Kings "we" --- I don't skate for them, I don't make decisions for them, I don't negotiate contracts or construct special team assignments for them. I do, however, spend far too much money supporting them. I gave up my season tickets this year, and then they went out and almost had me believing they were a contending team. I've come back to the realization that not much has changed since my first Kings game back in 1976. Still living to disappoint, they remain YOUR LOS ANGELES KINGS!

Old
01-27-2006, 05:23 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybil227
Congratulations on no longer being Jack Kent Cooke.
I have to disagree about last night, though. In addition to making defensive mistakes, we did NOT put in a good effort. Edmonton worked a lot harder and wanted that game more than us. Which is embarrassing in your own building. I don't think it's a trend; I'm not complaining about the team in general. But last night...yeah. We need to work a good deal harder than that if we want to win.
Concur...the difference between this year and injured years past is the effort....there are fewer heartbreaking losses and more just plain embittering losses.

Old
01-27-2006, 05:40 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
I'm glad I don't call the Kings "we" --- I don't skate for them, I don't make decisions for them, I don't negotiate contracts or construct special team assignments for them.
Not sure about the skating part, but as for the rest of the duties listed, I'm sure you could do a MUCH better job than those in charge.

OK, I'm really sure about the skating part

Old
01-27-2006, 05:43 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP
Not sure about the skating part, but as for the rest of the duties listed, I'm sure you could do a MUCH better job than those in charge.
Whoa, whoa, whoa.

Tubby's ok...but let's not kid ourselves, he's no Osprey.

Old
01-27-2006, 05:58 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
And lets not forget that Edmonton is a great hockey team. With good goaltending they are the best team in the NHL. And I know MacTavish already said that.. But its the truth. Morrissonn (sp?) was stellar in net. I know that he gave up 3 goals.. But he really made some huge saves for the Oil.

My standards must be dramatically tougher than yours. Great team? Best team in the NHL?

You're talking about the Oilers THIS season, not the 80s Oilers, right?

Good team....yes
Solid team....OK

Great?
Nope, sorry

Old
01-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Osprey

Quote:
The Kings are a good hockey team. Sure they need help on Special Teams, but the players coming back will help that tremendously. We're without two of our top three forwards this year. (Demitra, and Belanger.) Belanger was probably our 3rd best forward this year behind Frolov, and Demitra. Demitra leads our team in points.

And I know what you're thinking.. So what? Its two players. Look at Toronto without Bryan McCabe. Belanger is gonna help on the PK alot to. We're slowly getting our players back.
Of course, everybody back in the lineup will improve the special teams, but they're not 25th in the league in both because of injuries. With everyone healthy, they might improve both up to 17th (roughly around where they were earlier in the season, I believe), but that's still not good enough for a team that has the 8th-most points in the league and the 3rd-best even-strength talent. It's as if people who think that the Kings' special teams will be so much better when healthy believe that they'll go from 25th in both to top-10 in both, just because a few injured players are returning. That's not gonna happen.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:23 PM
took420s

Quote:
I'm glad I don't call the Kings "we"

Why criticize him on this?

He may be a little wacko on his Corvo love but who cares if he uses the "we" term?

I can't wait until we get into the playoffs!

Go Us

Old
01-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Fat Elvis

I should drink more, and more often.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:34 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I should drink more, and more often.
Same here.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Captain Ron

I guess I will have to be the designated driver then.

Old
01-27-2006, 11:59 PM
Fat Elvis

I started reading and realized that I'm just too sober to deal with this right now. Sad? yes indeed. Tears of a clown.

Old
01-28-2006, 12:00 AM
ILuvLA

Kings fan = alcoholic tendencies??

Old
01-28-2006, 12:02 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING ELVI
I started reading and realized that I'm just too sober to deal with this right now. Sad? yes indeed. Tears of a clown.
How do you think I feel. I don't even drink. The only way I have to vent my anger is abusing my poor defenseless dog. And writing pessimistic threads of course.

Old
01-28-2006, 12:03 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
I guess I will have to be the designated driver then.
You need a drink too, you're in the Osprey, King Elvi, Reaper, Spongebob club too. We'll get Iluvla to drive.

So you don't drink, maybe you smoke, if that's the case I'll call my buddy.....KJ!!!

Old
01-28-2006, 12:16 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
You need a drink too, you're in the Osprey, King Elvi, Reaper, Spongebob club too. We'll get Iluvla to drive.

So you don't drink, maybe you smoke, if that's the case I'll call my buddy.....KJ!!!
Reaper, you need to find another driver. I don't exactly fit in the sober group and yet, I don't exactly fit in the total alcohol group. I am somewhere in between. However, there's nothing like a nice ice cold shot of Slivovica (Czech Plum Brandy) to cure what ails you. I had one when I got home tonight. Good stuff.

Last edited by ILuvLA: 01-28-2006 at 12:26 AM.
Old
01-28-2006, 12:33 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
I'm glad I don't call the Kings "we" --- I don't skate for them, I don't make decisions for them, I don't negotiate contracts or construct special team assignments for them. I do, however, spend far too much money supporting them. I gave up my season tickets this year, and then they went out and almost had me believing they were a contending team. I've come back to the realization that not much has changed since my first Kings game back in 1976. Still living to disappoint, they remain YOUR LOS ANGELES KINGS!

I'm just wondering-how often do people call you a wet blanket?

Clearly you're full of **** with that statement. The King ARE YOUR TEAM. You wouldn't waste your time posting on a message board if they weren't. We all care, dare I say live and die with this team. That's why we're here brother.

01-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvLA
Reaper, you need to find another driver. I don't exactly fit in the sober group and yet, I don't exactly fit in the total alcohol group. I am somewhere in between. However, there's nothing like a nice ice cold shot of Slivovica (Czech Plum Brandy) to cure what ails you. I had one when I got home tonight. Good stuff.
We should probably just get a limo then.

Old
01-28-2006, 12:36 AM
ILuvLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Sounds like the most logical choice!

Old
01-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
As long as your paying Legionnaire....

Old
01-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Captain Ron

Quote:
We all care, dare I say live and die with this team. That's why we're here brother.
My wife says......why do you call it your team? You don't own it....you don't play for them....you are not one of their employees. But you know what I (along with alot of you) was watching this team when Dustin Brown was still pooping in his diapers. So even though I am not literally a player I still consider myself part of this team. No matter how much they stink.

Old
01-28-2006, 12:59 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
As long as your paying Legionnaire....
I'll pay for the limo as long as someone buys my ticket, and a couple of drinks

Old
01-28-2006, 01:04 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Okay let's see. Jfont lives in Pasadena. Dooney lives in LA. KJ and DFA live in OC. Reaper lives in the LBC.

Got to give your location so we can coordinate.

Closed Thread