HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBJ Lounge XXI (All Non-Sports, Non-Political Talk Here)

Old
02-19-2017, 06:13 PM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
I haven't posted much this season but wanted to drop in to fill my HF peeps in. CBJ wins are good medicine. I have been battling breast cancer since October. Diagnosed during Hockey Fights Cancer week, no less. Depending on treatment days, I've missed some doozies at the arena, but have seen them all on tv! Just ready to share, now that the battle is well underway. Doing well! Cancer sucks.
heart you JS...keep fighting!!!! #EFFCancer

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2017, 08:48 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
I haven't posted much this season but wanted to drop in to fill my HF peeps in. CBJ wins are good medicine. I have been battling breast cancer since October. Diagnosed during Hockey Fights Cancer week, no less. Depending on treatment days, I've missed some doozies at the arena, but have seen them all on tv! Just ready to share, now that the battle is well underway. Doing well! Cancer sucks.
Ouch. Good luck with that fight.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 05:38 PM
Forepar

Quote:
Prayers for you and your family...sounds so trite at first, but I'm guessing everyone who has posted in response (and many who have not) are truly right behind you.
Amazing what perspective having family and significant others navigate the cancer world does to you - I never understood til the last 5 years.

Forepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 06:44 AM
Double-Shift Lasse
Just post better

Get it, Derby. Prayers.

Old
03-07-2017, 09:13 AM
CBJSlash

Not to be political, just had a funny thought.

Is it possible HF is the website with the most interaction between Americans and Russians in the world?

CBJSlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2017, 01:32 PM
The Old Guy
Who Are Those Guys?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJSlash View Post
Not to be political, just had a funny thought.

Is it possible HF is the website with the most interaction between Americans and Russians in the world?
HF is #3

#2 is a discussion board on Vodka.

#1 is the Bachelor/Bachlorette franchise. They love it. Boffo ratings there.

The Old Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2017, 08:22 PM
Miggus

Checking out their tour schedule, I noticed that one of my favorite Finnish bands Amorphis will play in Columbus next week (Wednesday 3/22), supported by another Finnish band Swallow The Sun. They're also in Cleveland the day before. I urge you to go see them if you like heavier music! http://www.amorphis.net/#tour

Miggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Socks
Stuff and Things Man

Hey guys gotta question. So at work we're looking to tweak our website, starting with our gallery. Right now we use one called Cincopa but we want to upgrade. Any web designers among us who have any suggestions? Free is obviously welcome but we'll pay if it's worthwhile.

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 02:26 PM
db2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socks View Post
Hey guys gotta question. So at work we're looking to tweak our website, starting with our gallery. Right now we use one called Cincopa but we want to upgrade. Any web designers among us who have any suggestions? Free is obviously welcome but we'll pay if it's worthwhile.
I don't know if this will help you at all, but I have a website and I use icompendium. I have a feeling it may not be as sophisticated as you're used to but it only takes a second to check it out.

www.icompendium.com

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Socks
Stuff and Things Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by db2011 View Post
I don't know if this will help you at all, but I have a website and I use icompendium. I have a feeling it may not be as sophisticated as you're used to but it only takes a second to check it out.

www.icompendium.com
I just checked out Juicebox, which I quite liked, but it seems to have compatibility issues with I.E. and Chrome. Normally I wouldn't really care but as we're reaching our clients we need to be as accessible as possible. I'll look into icompendium tomorrow. The website is all I've been working on lately.

Old
03-16-2017, 08:38 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
I just checked out Juicebox, which I quite liked, but it seems to have compatibility issues with I.E. and Chrome. Normally I wouldn't really care but as we're reaching our clients we need to be as accessible as possible. I'll look into icompendium tomorrow. The website is all I've been working on lately.
Issues with Chrome comes as a major surprise, as that particular rendering engine is damn near universal by now (the same overall codebase - with some tweaks - is used in Safari on OSX and iPhones/iPads, and nearly every single Android-based browser, plus plenty of other desktop browsers like Opera and Vivaldi). IE, on the other hand, I'd be shocked if it worked at all.

Old
03-16-2017, 09:38 AM
Socks
Stuff and Things Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Issues with Chrome comes as a major surprise, as that particular rendering engine is damn near universal by now (the same overall codebase - with some tweaks - is used in Safari on OSX and iPhones/iPads, and nearly every single Android-based browser, plus plenty of other desktop browsers like Opera and Vivaldi). IE, on the other hand, I'd be shocked if it worked at all.
That's what surprised me too. But when I tried to run it in Chrome I got the same error message I did in IE. I was uploading images using Flickr, which I don't particularly care for, and I suppose it's possible it was a Flickr issue.

Old
03-16-2017, 11:50 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
That's what surprised me too. But when I tried to run it in Chrome I got the same error message I did in IE. I was uploading images using Flickr, which I don't particularly care for, and I suppose it's possible it was a Flickr issue.
That seems more probable to me. I'm not as familiar with photo gallery software, though, so I wouldn't know much beyond that. I write more web-based stuff than I actually install.

Old
03-16-2017, 11:40 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

Quote:
Flickr is an enormous pain in every way. It's cobbled together out of a ton of different scripts that limit accessibility if there's anything wrong with any of them, and it's like balancing a bowling ball on top of a house of cards.

Nearly any image server would be better than that. Except Photobucket, which is even worse than Flickr.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 07:26 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Since we're a virtual lock for the playoffs this year, we get to meaningfully participate in the annual HFCanes Bandwagon Fan Draft. Yay! We're picking 5th overall, and right now the Blackhawks (4th overall) are on the clock. So we may want to start thinking about who to pick.

Complete list of all draft-eligible fans, with profile page links.

Interesting draft candidates IMO:
  • TheOllieC: He's a local and already follows the Jackets, so we know he'll perform. OTOH, we might be able to get him as a UFA.
  • Lempo: Because everybody knows we always draft Finns. Also, this post: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...#post129157489
  • halleJOKEL: Infamy, mostly. We need more Big Names because nobody knows who's on the roster here.
Thoughts?

Old
03-17-2017, 09:11 AM
Miggus

I say we still draft TheOllieC, it'll show the fan base that we care about homegrown talent and he'd be great in the community too. And frankly, it would be a PR disaster if we didn't and some other team then snatches him.

UNLESS! If we leave him to be picked by another team, he then refuses to sign and we trade Steve Duchesne, Peter Forsberg, Ron Hextall, Mike Ricci, Kerry Huffman, Chris Simon, a couple of draft picks and $15 million the ghost of Tulipunaruusu for him.

Miggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 12:25 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggus View Post
I say we still draft TheOllieC, it'll show the fan base that we care about homegrown talent and he'd be great in the community too. And frankly, it would be a PR disaster if we didn't and some other team then snatches him.

UNLESS! If we leave him to be picked by another team, he then refuses to sign and we trade Steve Duchesne, Peter Forsberg, Ron Hextall, Mike Ricci, Kerry Huffman, Chris Simon, a couple of draft picks and $15 million the ghost of Tulipunaruusu for him.
We survived Roslovic going to Winnipeg, tho.

FYI, we are about to be on the clock.

Old
03-17-2017, 12:32 PM
Socks
Stuff and Things Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor Bee View Post
Flickr is an enormous pain in every way. It's cobbled together out of a ton of different scripts that limit accessibility if there's anything wrong with any of them, and it's like balancing a bowling ball on top of a house of cards.

Nearly any image server would be better than that. Except Photobucket, which is even worse than Flickr.
Yeah I don't like either one of them. Unfortunately I did like the looks of this gallery, Juicebox, which allows me to either upload images locally or only through Flickr. If I upload locally Chrome users (and IE users) can't view them, thus leaving me with the option of using Flickr. The problem I'm running into is that when I'm running it in Chrome having uploaded my images through Flickr I'm getting this error message: Juicebox cannot display locally in this browser. When I troubleshoot it tells me this: Certain browsers contain a security restriction that disables loading local files, and that I should load my images externally. Which makes my head hurt because I'm pretty sure that's what I did with Flickr.

Basically I'm at the point of looking into yet another gallery I guess.

Old
03-17-2017, 12:44 PM
Double-Shift Lasse
Just post better

Quote:
We survived Roslovic going to Winnipeg, tho.

FYI, we are about to be on the clock.
I agree that Ollie is the pick, presuming it hasn't already been made.

Double-Shift Lasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
I agree that Ollie is the pick, presuming it hasn't already been made.
Shall I go ahead and make that call, then?

Old
03-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Well, it's been six hours and nobody else has spoken up, so I'm taking that as acceptance.

Old
03-17-2017, 11:05 PM
Socks
Stuff and Things Man

Quote:
Well, it's been six hours and nobody else has spoken up, so I'm taking that as acceptance.
I'ma be honest, I thought Ollie was already one of us lol.

Old
03-18-2017, 04:28 AM
Columbus Mike
2015-16 CBJ

vCash: 3000
I was hoping you'd go GMDM and change the pick on your way to the podium.

Columbus Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2017, 06:20 AM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbus Mike View Post
I was hoping you'd go GMDM and change the pick on your way to the podium.
I considered it, but the correct thing to do was clearly a Ville Sirén parody, so overriding the head scout was not in the cards.

Old
03-18-2017, 08:44 PM
We Want Two
Gameday Drinker

Quote:
I'ma be honest, I thought Ollie was already one of us lol.
He's not?
Huh. TIL.

We Want Two is offline   Reply With Quote