HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

May Suspended!

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 02:21 PM
Fedz

vCash: 500
May Suspended!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=57910

Old
10-21-2003, 02:26 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Surprising considering the comments McKee made himself....

Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about King not playing next game.

Old
10-21-2003, 02:30 PM
ping

I'm not surprised May got suspended for what was an accident. Now if it was Markus Naslund that got suspended for that exact same accident I would've been surprised. Nobody's really going to care much if May is suspended one game.

One thing though he misses the game against the Blues. I bet Keith might've wanted some revenge against Brad. Was kindof looking forward to that. Oh well.

Old
10-21-2003, 02:35 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Fair ruling by the nhl

Old
10-21-2003, 02:48 PM
CCF
This is the year....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
Fair ruling by the nhl
Do you ever explain or justify your comments or are we to always assume where you are coming from?

Old
10-21-2003, 02:52 PM
Avery4Byng*

I thought it was a crap call form ther ref but whatever. He can sit a game and we can rotate someone else in, probably Keane.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:00 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
Do you ever explain or justify your comments or are we to always assume where you are coming from?
Well May did cross check McKee in the face....that deserves a suspension of 1 game. The fact that McKee was not injured also plays a role in this fair decision...sure it was probably unintentional, but May should be more responsible with his stick and he should be suspended...one game seems reasonable boss

Old
10-21-2003, 03:21 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

It's a debtable call, but I'm just livid that this was called a match and a suspension while that dispicable hit from behind Brown delivered to May one game prior was passed off as a freaking MINOR for boarding. Terrible stuff.

~Canucklehead~

10-21-2003, 03:30 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Whata joke suspension... haha. McKee didn't even feel it apparently. He tried to hit the shoulder and it slipped up into the neck. Big deal. 2 minute minor at the most.

Old
10-21-2003, 05:29 PM
BCCHL inactive

Friends or not....accident or not....May cross checked McKee in the face. I don't think May intended to injure McKee, so I disagree with the Match Penalty. Instead, I think a Major and a Game Misconduct would have been the right call.

Either way, May would have gotten this suspension. He didn't get suspended because the NHL thought he tried to hurt McKee...they're not that stupid, and I am sure they have talked to the referee about his call. May got suspended because he committed the crime, and they have handed out suspensions for less severe offences, so they are keeping their consistency.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

It's only May...

Gotta keep the stick down...

Old
10-21-2003, 09:06 PM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
May said he and McKee were good buddies, he went to his wedding and he hit him higher than he wanted. He said he would never do that purposely and thank God he hit him with his glove other than his stick.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:29 PM
The Produce Man
Master of Puppets

I figured May would be sitting against the Blues anyways.

St. Louis has a great powerplay with or without MacInnis, and we're going to need all the able-bodied Penalty-killers we can get.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:51 AM
TheCustodian

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
Friends or not....accident or not....May cross checked McKee in the face. I don't think May intended to injure McKee, so I disagree with the Match Penalty. Instead, I think a Major and a Game Misconduct would have been the right call.

Either way, May would have gotten this suspension. He didn't get suspended because the NHL thought he tried to hurt McKee...they're not that stupid, and I am sure they have talked to the referee about his call. May got suspended because he committed the crime, and they have handed out suspensions for less severe offences, so they are keeping their consistency.
I have to disagree with the consistancy, both the Brown hit in the Minnesota game and the Pronger situation with Kariya (both situations perhaps not outright intents to injure, players were not hurt in either circumstances anyway). Dispells any myths of consistency.

Closed Thread