Doug Doull's Diary

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 02:59 PM
TJF

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TJF
Doug Doull's Diary

For those Providence Bruins fans on here, Doug Doull writes a weekly diary every monday about life in the minor leagues on the sportsnet website. He always mentions his team mates so this should interest you guys. This week he talks about being one of the few canadians on the team full of Americans mostly from the Boston area so obviously he talks about their disappointment with the Red Sox loss. There's even a funny little line about Zino in this one.

Here's the link:

Doull's Diary

Old
10-21-2003, 03:10 PM
neelynugs

good ole zina!! it's pretty funny talking to someone that has absolutely no idea what you're saying (although it sucks being on the other end of that, as i've been once or twice). we did have a kid in HS that was an exchange student, and he picked up 1 word, and just kept saying it whenever you'd ask him something. good stuff.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:16 PM
TJF

Send a message via MSN to TJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs
good ole zina!! it's pretty funny talking to someone that has absolutely no idea what you're saying (although it sucks being on the other end of that, as i've been once or twice). we did have a kid in HS that was an exchange student, and he picked up 1 word, and just kept saying it whenever you'd ask him something. good stuff.

LOL, I don't think I want to know what that word was. But if everytime someone asks Sergei something and he doesn't understand them so he just gets them a beer he'll still certainly make a lot of friends.

Old
10-21-2003, 03:20 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs

Yup..I've been there... It was 1979 and I was just a yute working the loading dock at a medical manf in Cambridge. The place was mostly Hispanic. Hell I barely speak English.
I wanted ask this gal " how was her weekend ? "..you know just to kinda break the ice.. So I ask the "older" guys I'm working with..
They teach me to say this sentence.. When the time came I walked up with a smile and recited what I had been taught.
I got slapped right in the teeth . As all the guys in shipping laughed their ***** off.
I had to beg one of them to set the record straight before I got canned.

true story.. and Carmen Crespo ..if you are out there I'm still mighty sorry.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Closed Thread