HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Prospects Discussion II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-28-2016, 10:38 PM
  #26
Hamilton Brian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hamilton, ON
Posts: 2,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom - OHL View Post
Yes. He wasn't up to game shape. I know people don't like using injury/illness as an excuse, but it is what it is.

Senyshyn (after the mono) missed two weeks with an appendectomy. Got back on the ice to soon IMO and wasn't in shape. Compare it to Gabriel Vilardi in Windsor (who is projected as a top 5 pick in the draft) missed 5 weeks with the same appendectomy. Returned tonight with 2 goals and 2 assists. Took his time coming back.
What's your take on how he feels getting cut from Team Canada? Does he care? Will it inspire him to work harder on his game to hit even more points with the Greyhounds?

Hamilton Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2016, 09:08 AM
  #27
DKH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 40,940
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
If Boston connects on even 30% of their draft pick forwards they are in fantastic shape - I'm counting 63 & 88 as first liners now or soon; I'm not including Vatrano or Czarnik because they were FA signings even though both look like hits. Also leaving out Blidh Acciari and Kuraly who I see as bottom 6

Senyshyn
Bjork
Heinen
Donato
Cehlarik
DeBrusk
Frederic
Gabrielle
Fitzgerald
JFK

Very optimistic and I badly missed on Carlo & Pasta are by a year or two which is a good thing

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2016, 09:13 AM
  #28
Dom - OHL
ohlwriters.me
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stratford, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton Brian View Post
What's your take on how he feels getting cut from Team Canada? Does he care? Will it inspire him to work harder on his game to hit even more points with the Greyhounds?
Have not talked to him so I'm not even going to speculate how he feels. I know players I have talked to in the past have been very upset and then there are others who shrug it off and go out on the ice to do their talking. I could speculate on how he feels, but then that wouldn't be fair.

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2016, 09:15 AM
  #29
chizzler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
If Boston connects on even 30% of their draft pick forwards they are in fantastic shape - I'm counting 63 & 88 as first liners now or soon; I'm not including Vatrano or Czarnik because they were FA signings even though both look like hits. Also leaving out Blidh Acciari and Kuraly who I see as bottom 6

Senyshyn
Bjork
Heinen
Donato
Cehlarik
DeBrusk
Frederic
Gabrielle
Fitzgerald
JFK

Very optimistic and I badly missed on Carlo & Pasta are by a year or two which is a good thing
Not seeing Kuraly a fit when they have his replacement in college. They will sign him soon. Harvard I think. JFK.

chizzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2016, 01:34 PM
  #30
Estlin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,746
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by park towers View Post
I see Kuraly as a 4th line, PK energy guy. I hope JFK is at least a very good #3 centerman or the potential as a #2.
I think that is how everyone in the Bruins organization has seen Kuraly. I would expect him to be Boston's fourth-line center in the next year or two.

JFK's ceiling is probably as a #2. The organization is missing that future #1, however. (Maybe he'll be found in this year's draft, if the Bruins sink in the standings...or if Boston offer sheets Eichel in a couple of year )

Estlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2016, 01:45 PM
  #31
DKH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 40,940
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estlin View Post
I think that is how everyone in the Bruins organization has seen Kuraly. I would expect him to be Boston's fourth-line center in the next year or two.

JFK's ceiling is probably as a #2. The organization is missing that future #1, however. (Maybe he'll be found in this year's draft, if the Bruins sink in the standings...or if Boston offer sheets Eichel in a couple of year )
Eichel & Pastrnak yowza

Jack could wear his Patriots garb in public

DKH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2016, 02:35 PM
  #32
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Spooner Street
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,199
vCash: 500
From what I have been reading on this site of late with reference to Barzal, lack of goalscoring at lower levels doesn't bode well for prospects, JFK has 3 goals in 17 games.

From what I have read he is a smart, defensively conscious player, probably projects as a lower line checker not a #2C.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2016, 03:55 PM
  #33
Mount Kramer Cameras
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
I got bored waiting for the USA vs RUS game, so I compared Senyshyn's regular season goalscoring rate to a select few (mostly) high-pick OHL alumni that are now considered solid NHL players. Bear in mind that age is not considered here and it's far from comprehensive, seeing as total points tallies aren't considered - but it still reflects fairly well on Zach.

Senyshyn - 91 goals in 162 games (15th overall) - 0.56 GPG

Perry - 140 in 253 (28th overall) - 0.55
Kadri - 92 in 242 (7th overall) - 0.38
Schiefele - 84 in 158 (7th overall) - 0.53
Skinner - 77 in 127 (7th overall) - 0.60
Bennett - 65 in 128 (4th overall) - 0.50
Duchene - 61 in 121 (3rd overall) - 0.50
Landeskog - 60 in 114 (2nd overall) - 0.52
O'Rielly - 35 in 129 (33rd overall) - 0.27

Mount Kramer Cameras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2016, 04:13 PM
  #34
Son of Donegal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Bruins Fan View Post
From what I have been reading on this site of late with reference to Barzal, lack of goalscoring at lower levels doesn't bode well for prospects, JFK has 3 goals in 17 games.

From what I have read he is a smart, defensively conscious player, probably projects as a lower line checker not a #2C.
I was going to post exactly this a few weeks ago - because of that Barzal argument and JFK's lopsided assist stats. The I remembered, JFK was never considered a 1st round talent. Barzal was once touted as a top 3 pick. So, there is that distinction.

I actually do see top 6 C potential in JFK however - because when you see him live - this year with Patrick Harper and Jordan Greenway, for example. He does SO much to allow those players to do their thing. His dominance in the face-off circle is astounding - and he is out there for the vast majority of key draws. If he ends up as a 3rd line center, so be it - he will be a good one and he will get a good amount of PP time because of his playmaking and effectiveness at the dot.

As for his lack of scoring - he has never been a big scorer - but he does have some untapped potential there. He has a good shot and he is nasty 1 on 0 when he gets separation from defenders. He is an interesting player to watch, for sure!

Son of Donegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2016, 04:40 PM
  #35
Rumpy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount Kramer Cameras View Post
I got bored waiting for the USA vs RUS game, so I compared Senyshyn's regular season goalscoring rate to a select few (mostly) high-pick OHL alumni that are now considered solid NHL players. Bear in mind that age is not considered here and it's far from comprehensive, seeing as total points tallies aren't considered - but it still reflects fairly well on Zach.

Senyshyn - 91 goals in 162 games (15th overall) - 0.56 GPG

Perry - 140 in 253 (28th overall) - 0.55
Kadri - 92 in 242 (7th overall) - 0.38
Schiefele - 84 in 158 (7th overall) - 0.53
Skinner - 77 in 127 (7th overall) - 0.60
Bennett - 65 in 128 (4th overall) - 0.50
Duchene - 61 in 121 (3rd overall) - 0.50
Landeskog - 60 in 114 (2nd overall) - 0.52
O'Rielly - 35 in 129 (33rd overall) - 0.27
I'll compare him to other guys that had elite speed:
.49 GPG Dan Paille - was also gritty in his own right.
.42 GPG Rico Fata - was solely a speed demon.
.70 GPG Emerson Etem - looks like elite speed carried him?

Trying to think of other "pure" burners?

Aside from Duchene most guys you have listed Skinner Perry Schiefle all had speed as a area to develop. Skinner if I remember was really quick amazing laterally and on edges but his high end speed was questioned. Perry always fought an awkward stride. Schiefle was body strength and skating.

I've watched 2 Soo games on TV and man can he flat out fly. Obviously speed always transitions and is nice to have. From what I've seen a lot of his goals are on the fly using speed and angles. Which is fine but it will be very interesting as he transitions to the pros.

Being physically dominant or have one skill (skating/shooting) can carry you a long ways in Junior hockey.

The guys that like him are gunna say I'm picking him apart but here's to hoping he's more Marchand/Duchene like transitioning.

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-29-2016, 06:58 PM
  #36
Beantown1616
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
My view on Senyshyn is that is upside is Max Pacioretty and his downside is Dan Paille. He'll be an NHLer but what kind I don't know.

Beantown1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 01:10 AM
  #37
reffree
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: ste-justine québec
Posts: 2,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom - OHL View Post
Senyshyn with 2 tonight, gives him 10 goals and 2 assists in last 5 games.

Soo Greyhounds are now a whopping 16-3-0-0 on the road

also 10-0-0-0 when ZS9 scores a goal
Are they gonna gear up for a deep playoff run? With the return of Speers, I suppose they are legitimate candidate? Would be really nice to see him at the Mem Cup.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 08:58 AM
  #38
Rumpy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown1616 View Post
My view on Senyshyn is that is upside is Max Pacioretty and his downside is Dan Paille. He'll be an NHLer but what kind I don't know.
I would be extatic if he reaches that potential. I've always thought Marco Sturm.

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 10:14 AM
  #39
Bmessy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 2,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
I would be extatic if he reaches that potential. I've always thought Marco Sturm.
I would be ecstatic if he turned in a long career as a 25g-25a speedy two way winger like Sturm did. That would be great for a mid first round pick

Bmessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 11:09 AM
  #40
Rumpy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmessy View Post
I would be ecstatic if he turned in a long career as a 25g-25a speedy two way winger like Sturm did. That would be great for a mid first round pick
In a normal draft I agree. 2015 is shaking out to be anything but ...

I hold 2003 as the gold standard and you're right Sturm in that draft would still be a good solid pick.

The temptation is that Getzlaf Perry Richards Burns Parise run in the mid to late first that thinks the homeruns will be similar.


Last edited by Rumpy: 12-30-2016 at 11:16 AM.
Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 12:23 PM
  #41
JoeIsAStud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
In a normal draft I agree. 2015 is shaking out to be anything but ...

I hold 2003 as the gold standard and you're right Sturm in that draft would still be a good solid pick.

The temptation is that Getzlaf Perry Richards Burns Parise run in the mid to late first that thinks the homeruns will be similar.
I think 2015 is already showing to be a deep draft for sure.

We'll have to see if there are any Getzlaf - Parise guys who emerge from this draft. Right now I don't see that type of guy from the middle of the first round, but who knows maybe they will emerge

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 12:48 PM
  #42
s3antana5757
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 676
vCash: 500
Didn't see the game but heard some really good things during the telecast about McAvoy and Lingdren at WJ. How did they look?

s3antana5757 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 02:18 PM
  #43
yazmybaby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Brampton ON, Canada
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3antana5757 View Post
Didn't see the game but heard some really good things during the telecast about McAvoy and Lingdren at WJ. How did they look?
I was at the game yesterday, had great seats. McAvoy and Lingdren looked good. Both have very active sticks when defending, Lindgren is more of a defensive dee, jumped into the rush once. I see a bit of Drew Doughty in McAvoy. He still needs work of his lateral movement. He should be ready in 2 years. I see Lindgren as more of a defensive defenceman, 4th or 5th guy.

yazmybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 02:57 PM
  #44
Rumpy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
I think 2015 is already showing to be a deep draft for sure.

We'll have to see if there are any Getzlaf - Parise guys who emerge from this draft. Right now I don't see that type of guy from the middle of the first round, but who knows maybe they will emerge
My problem all along with the projections of these picks is that the 2015 draft had/was compared to 2003 for a couple years before it happened. Maybe I'm wrong but I absolutely think more kids than normal in this draft are gunna be star/impact players.

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 05:24 PM
  #45
JoeIsAStud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
My problem all along with the projections of these picks is that the 2015 draft had/was compared to 2003 for a couple years before it happened. Maybe I'm wrong but I absolutely think more kids than normal in this draft are gunna be star/impact players.
Perhaps, and Senyshyn may well be a star impact player?

Zboril may still end up being a top pairing guy with his sublime skating skill.

I don't see it with DeBrusk, and he was the one player at the draft I explicitly didn't walk, but if he ends up being a 20+ goal guy on a regular basis then it may not be that bad.

There probably will be some stud players from outside the top 10 in the 2015 draft, but I don't think it is going to be 2003

But ultimately we don't know. If Senyshyn goes for 283 goals and 300 assists over a 10 year career with Boston, that could leave him the 26th best player in this draft class (probably not that low), or maybe the 8th best player in the class.

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 06:33 PM
  #46
Rumpy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeIsAStud View Post
Perhaps, and Senyshyn may well be a star impact player?

Zboril may still end up being a top pairing guy with his sublime skating skill.

I don't see it with DeBrusk, and he was the one player at the draft I explicitly didn't walk, but if he ends up being a 20+ goal guy on a regular basis then it may not be that bad.

There probably will be some stud players from outside the top 10 in the 2015 draft, but I don't think it is going to be 2003

But ultimately we don't know. If Senyshyn goes for 283 goals and 300 assists over a 10 year career with Boston, that could leave him the 26th best player in this draft class (probably not that low), or maybe the 8th best player in the class.
For some reason I'm attached to the 2015 class more than any I can ever remember. I usually don't hold grudges and just move along with Bruins drafting and hope for the best. The 2015 class I feel attached to any betrayed for some reason. I always have my favourites from reading scouting reports and blogs and seeing a couple games. I think it was the 3 in a row at such high spots and not getting anybody I really wanted or the "pros" projected instead of just the 1 pick and move along scenario. I post daily about it for some stupid reason and barely posted monthly before haha.

I didn't complain about Fredric like the masses did and hope for the best from McAvoy etc...

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 07:23 PM
  #47
JoeIsAStud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,871
vCash: 500
Just in case anyone is interested, Harvard is on NESN right now, game is midway through the first against RPI

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 10:57 PM
  #48
Ratty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Rive Gauche
Posts: 7,911
vCash: 500
Missed it. How did Sherman and Teddy's kid look?

Ratty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2016, 11:55 PM
  #49
JoeIsAStud
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Missed it. How did Sherman and Teddy's kid look?
I only watched the first. Harvard is really good. The presentation was poor, just the one camera on center ice with no zoom, I struggled following play, so I stopped watching. Donato was out there a lot, but I didn't see much in the way of plays from him. I guess Donato did chip in a goal late.

JoeIsAStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2016, 09:05 AM
  #50
Sharp Shooting Neely
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,080
vCash: 500
McAvoy and Lingren's Team USA take on Lauzon's Team Canada at the WJ's today at 3:30 ET. The showdown will decide first place in their group to close out the preliminary round for both. Great way to follow up the Bruins matinee with the Sabres.

Sharp Shooting Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.