Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2017, 07:36 PM
DKH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAD View Post
The possible potential in that list of 15 is pretty amazing. If half or even a third become full time contributors, just wow.
I don't know how close or who but Sakic who is a GM I understand not only likes the quality and quantity of the Boston guys but the smorgasbord of different skill sets

It's like Home Depot

I'm sure he wants 3 or 4 but as much as I like landeskog when you look at him and Carlo and weigh age salary talent you could make an easy case the young cost effective big RHD has both better upside and value

This Carlo + stuff is maddening

Old
02-16-2017, 07:57 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
I don't know how close or who but Sakic who is a GM I understand not only likes the quality and quantity of the Boston guys but the smorgasbord of different skill sets

It's like Home Depot

I'm sure he wants 3 or 4 but as much as I like landeskog when you look at him and Carlo and weigh age salary talent you could make an easy case the young cost effective big RHD has both better upside and value

This Carlo + stuff is maddening
I agree with all of this. Carlo and mcavoy shouldn't even be required to get a deal done

Old
02-16-2017, 08:51 PM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Clode

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
I agree with all of this. Carlo and mcavoy shouldn't even be required to get a deal done
Has anyone definitively said they are? The B's have plenty of other assets if they choose to take those two D off the table.

Old
02-16-2017, 11:25 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
Has anyone definitively said they are? The B's have plenty of other assets if they choose to take those two D off the table.
I don't believe that has been definitively said but it is pretty obvious that d is what the Avs need the most, I would assume the point of trading one of their higher end forwards would be to upgrade the d and probably young.

Old
02-17-2017, 03:10 AM
Bruinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
b's top 30 prospects, IMO, as of february 1:

1 - mcavoy
2 - senyshyn
3 - heinen
4 - JFK
5 - lauzon
6 - bjork
7 - zboril
8 - frederic
9 - debrusk
10- gabrielle
11 - mcintyre
12 - cehlarik
13 - donato
14 - o'gara
15 - grzelcyk
16 - lindgren
17 - subban
18 - vladar
19 - hughes
20 - fitzgerald
21 - johansson
22 - blidh
23 - sherman
24 - cave
25 - koppanen
26 - kuraly
27 - hargrove
28 - arnesson
29 - clarke
30 - steen

HM...becker
Nugs, You and I go back a long time on these boards. I can't remember a list of prospects anywhere remotely close to this list. I know sometimes we are easily fooled by our own prospects into believing they are something they are not, (hello Cam Mann lol) but when I look at a list like this I can't help but think in normal years our top prospects would be comparable to Cehlarik, Donato, Johanson and Lindgren and none of these guys have even made your top 10. It is going to be real intriguing to see how this shakes out over the next couple of seasons. Who makes it? Who gets moved? Who gets stashed away in Providence? Or are we once again over valuing our prospects? One thing is for sure, law of averages would dictate that we should have at least 4 or 5 bonafide NHLers in this group based on their current potential. Based on what I've seen from them I believe it is more like 8 or 10.And to think this list doesn't include Vatrano, Pasternak, Czarnik or Carlo.

Old
02-17-2017, 07:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
Nugs, You and I go back a long time on these boards. I can't remember a list of prospects anywhere remotely close to this list. I know sometimes we are easily fooled by our own prospects into believing they are something they are not, (hello Cam Mann lol) but when I look at a list like this I can't help but think in normal years our top prospects would be comparable to Cehlarik, Donato, Johanson and Lindgren and none of these guys have even made your top 10. It is going to be real intriguing to see how this shakes out over the next couple of seasons. Who makes it? Who gets moved? Who gets stashed away in Providence? Or are we once again over valuing our prospects? One thing is for sure, law of averages would dictate that we should have at least 4 or 5 bonafide NHLers in this group based on their current potential. Based on what I've seen from them I believe it is more like 8 or 10.And to think this list doesn't include Vatrano, Pasternak, Czarnik or Carlo.
honestly can`t recall in my time as a fan of this team where they had even a half dozen prospects that had me thinking would be legit.

Old
02-17-2017, 01:04 PM
Fonzerelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelvl View Post
I wonder if this is Sweeney saying, I won't trade that guy, but take a look at this guy etc. etc. Although I hope Gabrielle stays, would like to see what he can develop into.
Maybe the key part of the deal

Sakic: Don, we can make a deal for Lando, but here's the thing ... we already have a cake ordered that reads "Happy Birthday Gabe". You can see I am in a bit of a pickle here ...

Sweeney: I can help with that

Old
02-17-2017, 03:48 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinator View Post
hey bud - no doubt, the bruins have a deep stack of guys likely to play in the NHL. obviously things can happen, but i don't think it's unreasonable to think that 15-18 of these guys will play in the show. some better than others, and aside from mcavoy, i don't really see a top 6 F/top 2 D --- but you can make a good argument that boston has the best depth in the NHL when it comes to guys who will make it. pierre mcguire has echoed that sentiment several times this year.

Old
02-17-2017, 04:27 PM
mikelvl

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
hey bud - no doubt, the bruins have a deep stack of guys likely to play in the NHL. obviously things can happen, but i don't think it's unreasonable to think that 15-18 of these guys will play in the show. some better than others, and aside from mcavoy, i don't really see a top 6 F/top 2 D --- but you can make a good argument that boston has the best depth in the NHL when it comes to guys who will make it. pierre mcguire has echoed that sentiment several times this year.
Regarding top 6 forwards, I'm holding out hope that Senyshyn,JFK, Donato, Bjork, Frederic may reach that status someday

Old
02-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Wobbly Pops
Quiet, Gnashgab.

vCash: 160
Jordan Greenway looking good. Not ours but Charlie Mac just feed him, seems like Greenway has some chemistry w JFK. BU v UNH on Nesn, now

Old
02-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Bruins78

Man Bjork is a great skater. Watching him actually reminds me of watching Kyle Connor at Michigan last year....just looks dangerous every shift, cuts through the middle of the ice with no fear knowing his speed has the d back on their heels. No points through two periods but has been noticeable almost every shift and also has had some nice break ups on back checks.

Cam Morrison (Avalanche, 2nd rounder in 2016) looks like he could develop into a beast. Moves real well for a big kid and having a decent freshmen season but imagine a lot more to come with him

Old
02-17-2017, 08:48 PM
Bruins78

Bjork with a beautiful short handed goal...shot hit crossbar and bounced in off dman

Old
02-17-2017, 08:51 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins78 View Post
Bjork with a beautiful short handed goal...shot hit crossbar and bounced in off dman
Deleted.

Old
02-17-2017, 08:52 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Incredible goal. Looked like Pavel Bure.

Old
02-17-2017, 08:54 PM
Gator Mike

Trent Frederic on the board in the 1st as Wisconsin leads Michigan 1-0 at the end of the first period. 11th of the season for the Freshman.

Announcers pointing out that UW averages 3.85 goals/game when Frederic plays, and 2.8 goals/game when he's out of the lineup.

"If there was a redraft, Frederic would go 15 spots higher."

Game is live on the Big Ten Network.

Old
02-17-2017, 08:55 PM
Bruins78

Power play goal for Bjork

Old
02-17-2017, 08:57 PM
Gator Mike

FWIW, McAvoy and JFK both scored tonight for BU.

Old
02-17-2017, 08:57 PM
vinnyboombatz

Quote:
Showed some serious skill there...Speed, stick handling and hands in tight. Impressive.

Old
02-17-2017, 09:16 PM
Gator Mike

Luke Kunin sets up Cameron Hughes for a PPG.

2-1 Badgers midway through the game.

Old
02-17-2017, 09:34 PM
JoeIsAStud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Mike View Post
Trent Frederic on the board in the 1st as Wisconsin leads Michigan 1-0 at the end of the first period. 11th of the season for the Freshman.

Announcers pointing out that UW averages 3.85 goals/game when Frederic plays, and 2.8 goals/game when he's out of the lineup.

"If there was a redraft, Frederic would go 15 spots higher."

Game is live on the Big Ten Network.
I just hope he is Bruins property will after the deadline.

Old
02-17-2017, 10:10 PM
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!

Old
02-17-2017, 11:40 PM
veganbruin

I got $6 4th row corner seats to the BC v. UVM game tonight. Ryan Fitzgerald had a great dirty goal within the first couple minutes of the game. Played a pretty solid game overall throughout the course of the game. Seemed like the most well polished player on the ice for both teams aside from Colin White. I'm surprised he doesn't get more love, not just here but the game went to OT and it seemed like 3 shifts went by before he ended up on the ice. For a medium sized player he sure seemed to know exactly where to stand to take away the goalies eyes. I think he's a sleeper pick to maybe take a longer time to get the NHL but to succeed when he is there.

Old
02-18-2017, 12:03 AM
bruinmann77

Fredric and the scouts will have all the naysayers that said what the heck they were doing come when they were drafting

Old
02-18-2017, 01:24 AM
VanIsle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinmann77 View Post
Fredric and the scouts will have all the naysayers that said what the heck they were doing come when they were drafting
Hopefully he makes me eat my words, I was a Debrincat fan at that time. Who really knows though.

From all the lists I would be happy with 8-10 guys that play 50 games in the show and hopefully a few surprise.

Old
02-18-2017, 02:22 AM
Fonzerelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post
Hopefully he makes me eat my words, I was a Debrincat fan at that time. Who really knows though.

From all the lists I would be happy with 8-10 guys that play 50 games in the show and hopefully a few surprise.
I was on the Allison bandwagon. He's no slouch either. Leading his team (Western Michigan) as a true freshman (11G, 24pts). Philly got themselves a steal at #52. That said, I'm pretty happy with Frederic.

Closed Thread