HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pouillot Over Urquhart?

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 05:07 PM
#1 Habitant

vCash:
Pouillot Over Urquhart?

As I have not as yet watched Urquhart play I cannot compare him to Pouillot, however, I was at the game this past Saturday night in Bathurst to watch the Sidney Crosby show and although Crosby did not disappoint, Pouillot, in my opinion, was not that outstanding. As I watched him play I wondered what it was that Edmonton saw to make them draft him. There was nothing extra special that he did to make himself stand out in any way. The Rocket come to Bathurst this Saturday and so I hope to get to see Urquhart, Lambert, Lapierre and Bonneau play. I'll check in with my opinion on those four afterwards.
Crosby, by the way, was simply outstanding. Too bad he probably won't get a chance to play for his favorite NHL team, eh? He finished the game with 2G/3A (which he got before the halfway mark of period 2) and was selected the game's #1 star. He was one step ahead of everyone else on the ice. Too bad he didn't have better wingers who could actually get to the open ice where he passed the puck. It must be frustrating for him to play with guys who are always a step behind in their skating, passing, vision. Danny Stewart did not impress me very much either, although he did release a rocket just outside the slot at one point.

Old
10-21-2003, 05:13 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Poullot is thought to be a good two way 3rd liner in the NHL, he won't dazzle you with offense but with a good hard and honest work ethic...every team needs these guys, but in the 1st round?

I like Urquhart over him any day, Cory is supposed to be a legit 2nd line scoring centre with some size, seems to be doing well after being drafted by the Habs.

Vilgneault will make him into a player and when he goes to Hamilton he will learn the other side of the ice with Jarvis.

Old
10-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Pouliot his a good player. Maybe the game you saw wasen't his best game but he have to have some good skills to be draft in the 1st round.

By the way, if you go to the game this saturday, it could be very nice if you could do a review of our prospects.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:05 AM
zambo

vCash:
never seen those guy but from what i've read last year , i never saw Urquhart in front of Poulliot on any scout or draft rank list...

however said that , both Urquhart and Poulliot were on bad team last year , so they were alone to put it on the net ; so , it is more complicated to judge talent in that situation .Because they saw Urquhart a lot the Canadian were able to have a better view of him(playing at Montreal ).I think that specially on the secound part of the season , when Vignault arrived , the guy have a lot increased his game.

sorry for my bad english

Old
10-22-2003, 06:26 AM
Corey

Zambo, you do not have to apologize for your English. It was easy to understand you.

Closed Thread