HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty Part III

Closed Thread

Old
01-05-2017, 09:28 AM
AHShadow

vCash: 500
I have to say I wasn't a Patches believe at the beginning of the season, but he's proving me wrong. Good thing I'm not a GM. He's playing really well right now and he's been frequently cutting through the middle to get a shot on net, instead of just staying around the perimeters.

He'll probably have a slump from now till the end of the season, but I just hope he's able to pick back up in the playoffs.

Old
01-05-2017, 09:32 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapala View Post
The folks who have been calling Max out haven't gone anywhere.
Oh and by the way neither have his shortcomings.
Enjoy the STREAK.
We will. Hope you do too

Old
01-05-2017, 12:27 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I well deservedly criticized Max for his performances earlier this season as they were pitiful and embarrassing. But he has been very good lately, hopefully he keeps it up and it isn't just a hot streak.

Old
01-05-2017, 12:31 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
We will. Hope you do too
I'm enjoying his game recently.
He actually seperated a player from the puck to eventually set up his GWG in Nashville.
When he does stuff like that the scoring is very much gravy.

Old
01-05-2017, 04:42 PM
Belial

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Eh.... no.
Who was captain material more than him when the decision was made?

I even remember it was a consensus around here that he's gonna get the captaincy...

Old
01-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
He bothers me sometimes, no doubt about it

but sometimes i am entirely too hard on the guy and the big shoes he has to fill

As long as he produces 30 + goals and 60 + points everyear, theres just not much we can complain about, just bring it in the playoffs bud, and we'll love ya

keep it up!

Old
01-05-2017, 05:00 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
You don't decide. His teammates do. And they did. They are with Max in the locker room when the mics and cameras are off.

That's all that matters. The disrespect for Pacioretty began when the Habs players decided he was far and away better than PK. PKs gone. The team has let him go. The sooner Habs fans follow suit the better for reduced angst, Emo and stress.
Pacioretty doesnt have an ounce of leadership in him, that's why he doesnt get much respect, no need to pretend otherwise.

Old
01-05-2017, 07:04 PM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Pacioretty doesnt have an ounce of leadership in him, that's why he doesnt get much respect, no need to pretend otherwise.
Maan , how exactly do you know this? Who exactly is not respecting him?

Every night after games you can hear Byron,Mitchell, Beau, Montoya and so on praising his leadership and how big he is for this team , being clutch in important moments but you must have some really private info and all his teammates are just lying in front of cameras ...

Old
01-05-2017, 07:12 PM
Lafleurs Guy
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
Not this year, for me. He's captain material. You can't discount the Weber/Radulov/Shaw/Price presence to help Pacioretty grow, but he is due a lot of credit.
You're not "captain material" one minute and then not "captain material" the next though. I've always liked Max. But he is what he is - a very good scorer who's streaky. Love having him on the team but he's not a guy I would want leading it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac View Post
Agreed. Goal scoring winger should never be captain. Just let them do their thing, away from the media pressure that comes with the C.

And that's not a knock on Pacio. He's a scoring winger and he's doing his job.

Your captain should be one of these:

-All-star, #1 center
-#1 all around veteran dman
-Respected veteran

Anyone of these guys can answer to the media after a 0g, 0a game and their production won't be a question. Doesn't work for Patches, because he's a scoring winger. Hence why he shouldn't be captain.
I'm cool with a goal scorer but it would have to be somebody more consistent. And a big part of the captain's job is dealing with the press, I just don't see Max as the right guy for this. He just seems uncomfortable too much of the time. I'd much rather he get an A and let him just concentrate on hockey.

Anyways, I obviously wish him the best. Would love to see him hoist the cup.

01-05-2017, 08:44 PM
Carey Commit
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to Carey Commit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You're not "captain material" one minute and then not "captain material" the next though. I've always liked Max. But he is what he is - a very good scorer who's streaky. Love having him on the team but he's not a guy I would want leading it.

I'm cool with a goal scorer but it would have to be somebody more consistent. And a big part of the captain's job is dealing with the press, I just don't see Max as the right guy for this. He just seems uncomfortable too much of the time. I'd much rather he get an A and let him just concentrate on hockey.

Anyways, I obviously wish him the best. Would love to see him hoist the cup.
That's what you get when you have a player vote because I doubt they give much of a **** about his media savvy. Is he the ideal captain? Probably not, but players voted and who cares. Weber or Price can both be the actual leader without the symbolism of the C.

Old
01-05-2017, 08:50 PM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

Every night after games you can hear Byron,Mitchell, Beau, Montoya and so on praising his leadership and how big he is for this team , being clutch in important moments but you must have some really private info and all his teammates are just lying in front of cameras ...
Why don't you ask the guy I quoted, he's the one who started the Pacioretty is being disrespected thing.

Old
01-06-2017, 06:53 AM
BLONG7

Max is on fire right now..........he had a rough start to the season, but there was an injury they were hiding, so it seems that injury is now long gone, and we have a bonafide goalscorer back!!!

Old
01-06-2017, 04:30 PM
Hackett
BAKAMAN

Max at his best is not just a goal scorer. He's a goal scorer with explosive speed. Speed which overwhelms the defense, and makes him a breakaway threat short handed or in transition. That speed just adds a whole different dynamic to his game.

His speed is back recently and it's been a long time coming.

Old
01-06-2017, 04:30 PM
get25

vCash: 788
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Max is on fire right now..........he had a rough start to the season, but there was an injury they were hiding, so it seems that injury is now long gone, and we have a bonafide goalscorer back!!!
4th since 2010-11.

Old
01-06-2017, 04:36 PM
Captain Wolverine

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I well deservedly criticized Max for his performances earlier this season as they were pitiful and embarrassing. But he has been very good lately, hopefully he keeps it up and it isn't just a hot streak.
Turns out its tough playing through a fractured foot.

Old
01-06-2017, 04:37 PM
Runner77

vCash: 3740
Quote:
Pacioretty is not a leader when his name comes up at golf tournaments and during anything that has to do with world championships. Other than that, he's respected where it counts, as a Hab.

Old
01-06-2017, 07:05 PM
TheAntiPrice

vCash: 1380
His 3rd period snipe against Dallas on the PP with BigMac in front was a thing of absolute beauty. He looks like a top 10 forward in the league when he's on one of his hot streaks.

Old
01-06-2017, 07:06 PM
The Optimistic One
**** Bergevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiPrice View Post
His 3rd period snipe against Dallas on the PP with BigMac in front was a thing of absolute beauty. He looks like a top 10 forward in the league when he's on one of his hot streaks.
He is considered a top-5 LW in the league though. And rightfully so

Old
01-06-2017, 11:20 PM
Adam Michaels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Fair enough. But speaking for myself, I never said he's not "captain material" and then said the opposite. He's always been a good captain in my book. He's been far from perfect.

But this year, to me, he looks like he's learned the role better. And like I mentioned earlier, you can't discount the additions MB made that helped in the leadership department (not to be ignored is Muller's acquisition). All of that has helped Max. But instead of crawling in a hole because the others stepped in, he assumed his captaincy and he comes off more as a leader. That's just the impression I get.

Old
01-07-2017, 02:16 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
We can talk a lot about his captaincy but he was the only possible choice to be honest...
I wouldn't have been pleased with the popular choice, although I didn't call for his trade. I fully recognized PK's talent but I wasn't happy about his bad decisions and needless penalties. Without that surprising trade, the Habs might have undergone a November-January tailspin similar to last year's, when both Price and Gallagher were injured. I was so happy when Gallagher returned in time for the Winter Classic! and Condon and Carr came through!

Old
01-07-2017, 02:40 AM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I wouldn't have been pleased with the popular choice, although I didn't call for his trade. I fully recognized PK's talent but I wasn't happy about his bad decisions and needless penalties. Without that surprising trade, the Habs might have undergone a November-January tailspin similar to last year's, when both Price and Gallagher were injured. I was so happy when Gallagher returned in time for the Winter Classic! and Condon and Carr came through!
Max was chosen by his teammates , I think it's kind of useless to keep bringing back his lack of leadership everytime he's not on pace for 40 goals..

He's arguably one of the best players on this team , he gets way too much criticism IMO. I include myself btw...

He's one of the best wingers in the league on a ridiculously low cap hit contract ! Hail Pacioretty !

Old
01-07-2017, 03:12 AM
Akhurite

I truly believe the main reason for his lesser production in the playoffs is because he was the only player opposing teams needed to shut down. Now that we have Galchenyuk and Radulov it should be a lot different.

Old
01-07-2017, 03:24 AM
Belial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhurite View Post
I truly believe the main reason for his lesser production in the playoffs is because he was the only player opposing teams needed to shut down. Now that we have Galchenyuk and Radulov it should be a lot different.
He's not even that bad in the PO , usually all the players have a little drop in production because the game gets tighter and scoring decreases overall.

It's just another Habs suck , Therrien suck and so on history.

Old
01-07-2017, 08:25 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! BOOOOO!

vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
The players voted for him to be captain, did they not? We have no idea how players are in the room.

Also, I think having a C or an A on your jersey is entirely overblown by the fans. All teams have players who will step up and say or do something when it's necessary regardless of if they have a letter on the jersey.

Old
01-07-2017, 11:18 AM
Subbanned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhurite View Post
One can hope.

Closed Thread