HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pat Quinn sore loser?

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2006, 12:48 PM
HABit

vCash: 500
Pat Quinn sore loser?

Did anyone hear Pat Quinn complaining about the penalty call in OT when Kovalev was CLEARLY hauled down?

What about the penalty that should have been called on the tieing goal in the third? Or all those other bad calls against the Habs or non-calls against the Laffs in the last game that was played?

I can come out and say there were many bad calls against both teams last night. Pat Quinn can only see what went wrong against his own team. Yes the refs sucked but they sucked equally last night.

Remove your blinders Mr.Quinn we know you will be out of a job soon. We also need a new Team Canada coach.

Old
01-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Anthony P

Did you hear Cole and Neale.... HAHA, it was hilarious.... they were questioning the penalty, they're like: " I can't believe that was called a penalty, Kovalev wasn't even held until after the save was made...."

That was hilarious.... apparently they don't know you're not supposed to hold at any point in time haha.....

Old
01-29-2006, 12:56 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

I liked that tripping call in Rivet, myself.

We won, so whatever.

Old
01-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quinn is on his last miles with the Leafs so he just try to save his job by saying BS.

It was a good call imo.Can't be worse that the one on Bulis............

Old
01-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Jacques Plante

During his entire tenure with the Leafs, Quinn has made it a habit of complaining about the refs. I don't even understand why it still gets press coverage, seeing as it happens every night. Right now poor Pat has bigger things to worry about then the supposed bias the refs have against his team. A good start would be finding a way to make his #3, 4 5 and 6 defencemen competent. Mccabe gets all the press coverage but everytime I watch Kaberle I'm really impressed. He's their best D-man IMO.

Old
01-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Bunka Gurndeep

I didn't hear Quinn complaining when Montreal took a questionable penalty in the last two games vs toronto in OT. Damn, I must have had my stanley cup rings in my ears.

Old
01-29-2006, 01:27 PM
goalchenyuk

Iguess that Pat Quinn is going to be fire next week at last ...

i say wednesday !

who wants to guess ? any bet ?

Old
01-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Evil Ted

the habs have gotten ripped the previous 2 games before this one. There were suspect calls all over the ice against both teams all night. But this isnt surprising commming from Pat Quinn and the Leafs, they make habit of complaining.

Old
01-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Chandler55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P
Did you hear Cole and Neale.... HAHA, it was hilarious.... they were questioning the penalty, they're like: " I can't believe that was called a penalty, Kovalev wasn't even held until after the save was made...."

That was hilarious.... apparently they don't know you're not supposed to hold at any point in time haha.....
WOW, you totally missed that one, Neale was basically complaining khavanov for holding after the play, and that it was pointless to hold after the play, not complaining at the refs for calling it. You got to be a little bit more responsible there.

Old
01-29-2006, 02:00 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symbolic
Quinn is on his last miles with the Leafs so he just try to save his job by saying BS.

It was a good call imo.Can't be worse that the one on Bulis............
Yep. He's going down swinging. It's why his players like him, because blaming the refs is just another way of defending your team.

Old
01-29-2006, 02:29 PM
BLONG7

Pat Quinn and his boys complain about EVERY call, it's quite funny...meanwhile BG just stares into space when the Habs get called...

Old
01-29-2006, 02:32 PM
Raider917

i like quinn though. its good having a coach saying what he feels.

Old
01-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Anthony P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler55
WOW, you totally missed that one, Neale was basically complaining khavanov for holding after the play, and that it was pointless to hold after the play, not complaining at the refs for calling it. You got to be a little bit more responsible there.
No he was complaining about the call dude.... he didn't say it the way I said it, it was paraphrased, but it was very much to that affect!

Old
01-29-2006, 02:55 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P
No he was complaining about the call dude.... he didn't say it the way I said it, it was paraphrased, but it was very much to that affect!
No, I'd have to say Chandler is right here and was going to post exactly what he said.

It was pretty clear they were more frustrated at Khavanov than the referees. They were saying there was no call made until after Kovalev missed the breakaway chance, showing that the hold came in the corner, making it a bad penalty for Khavanov to take.

Old
01-29-2006, 02:57 PM
habkid73

Quote:
yeah ok dude!!!!!!!!!!!!neale was negative towards the habs all night long !!!!!including that play! khavy had a bear hug on kovy 15 ft inside the blue and neale couldn't see it!!!!nothin' new here boys NEALE AND COLE SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-29-2006, 02:58 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
The Difference between Gainey and Quinn

The Difference between Clas$ and Cras$

What is 1 letter...

thank God we have Gainey or our team would be a bunch of whinners too

Old
01-29-2006, 03:00 PM
habkid73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuuuuu
No, I'd have to say Chandler is right here and was going to post exactly what he said.

It was pretty clear they were more frustrated at Khavanov than the referees. They were saying there was no call made until after Kovalev missed the breakaway chance, showing that the hold came in the corner, making it a bad penalty for Khavanov to take.
no YOU ARe WRONG!!!!!!!!neale was *****in' that khavy DIDN'T APPLY THE HUG UNTIL THEY PASSED THE NET !!!!!either way we know point he was trying to make!!!

Old
01-29-2006, 03:06 PM
plafleur10

Bulis and Higgins

the acll on Bulis, which ultimately led to teh Leafs' 2nd goal,was one of the worse I've seen...2 minutes for legally stealing the puck from an opponent???

And the missed call on Kilger tripping Higgins with his leg along the boards leading to teh Leafs' 3rd goal???

Leafs got a free point yesterday, they sholud shut up!

Old
01-29-2006, 03:06 PM
Nova_Scotia_Vees

all leafs complain about calls after every loss.

Old
01-29-2006, 03:11 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova_Scotia_Vees
all leafs complain about calls after every loss.
they have done this since Quinn has become their coach...

Old
01-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by habkid73
no YOU ARe WRONG!!!!!!!!neale was *****in' that khavy DIDN'T APPLY THE HUG UNTIL THEY PASSED THE NET !!!!!either way we know point he was trying to make!!!
Well with ignoring your blocked out language and many caps, the point I'm arguing is that Neale was angry at Khavanov and not at the referee. And that's the same thing you're saying...

Old
01-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Natural Habs Fan

Quinn will be fired after the Olympics.

Old
01-29-2006, 03:21 PM
KingJarl

Does no one else remember the penalties we took to lose the last TWO OT games against the Leafs? If they weren't worth complaining about, neither was Khavanov's. It's about time we got a break against them.

Old
01-29-2006, 03:23 PM
HABit

Quote:
Originally Posted by habkid73

Wow, you even managed to find a way to argue with someone who is agreeing with you...maybe you should read more and type less.

Old
01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Nazzy-19

Quote:
This is correct. Neale was complaining that it was stupid for Khavanov to take the penalty after the scoring chance was over.

Closed Thread