HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can we trade Isbister before the hole league realizes he sucks!

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 06:48 PM
oilers9911

vCash: 500
Can we trade Isbister before the hole league realizes he sucks!

Comrie and Isbister to Atlanta for Coburn and Stefan.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:35 PM
Tendencyman

vCash: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers9911

That will not address the real issue, adding toughness on middle.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:48 PM
Mizral

The rest of the league know Isbister sucks, and has known for about a year now. Lowe apperantly didn't get the memo...

Old
10-21-2003, 07:54 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
The rest of the league know Isbister sucks, and has known for about a year now. Lowe apperantly didn't get the memo...
I read one of your posts the other day saying that you would have liked to see the Canucks get Isbister before Edmonton got him, and now he sucks?? How come you changed your mind?? Because there is no way on earth a player that sucks could play for the mighty Canucks, right?

Old
10-21-2003, 07:58 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers9911
Why you nagging on Isbister? What about Horcoff missing his man on the 3-2 goal? How about Brewer trying to give the puck away in the 2nd, how about Salo not being able to stop a beachball when they know the other team is going to come at them hard, what about Pisani, where was he tonight? They had a bunch of mental lapses in 25 minute span that cost them the game, don't blame Isbister, he played no worse then anyone on the squad tonight and went to the net hard and drew a penalty. What else do you want, he's playing with Laraque, cycle, cycle, cycle, for ****'s sake!

Old
10-21-2003, 08:00 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cram
I read one of your posts the other day saying that you would have liked to see the Canucks get Isbister before Edmonton got him, and now he sucks?? How come you changed your mind?? Because there is no way on earth a player that sucks could play for the mighty Canucks, right?
Anyone that doesn't play for the Nucks apparently sucks. I remember they also wanted Carter, Niinimaa. I also know that one of the teams that wanted to sign Conklin was the Canucks. If I remember correctly, the Nucks wanted Isbister so Edmonton wouldn't get him.

10-21-2003, 08:04 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
lol... Isbister sucks....
ok, buddy - have you watched any of the games?
he's been our toughest and most physical player all year, and he has created numerous scoring chances - just hasn't got anything to (for the lack of better term) drop for him. It will come along.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:05 PM
FacelessButcher

He doesn't suck he needs to get time on the top two pairings he needs to be in the game more the chippier it gets the better he gets. No trading Izzy, half u guys were already jumping on him before his plane even landed give him some time he'll pull it out u can see he's trying and getting better. MacT just does not play him enough he has a fetish for two-way players he just can't except a hulkish power forward type player who is not that great on d. so long as Izzy contains his man, plays big, and drives to the net he can stay far as I am concerned, the rest will fall into place in time.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:15 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
Anyone that doesn't play for the Nucks apparently sucks. I remember they also wanted Carter, Niinimaa. I also know that one of the teams that wanted to sign Conklin was the Canucks. If I remember correctly, the Nucks wanted Isbister so Edmonton wouldn't get him.
Man, those Canucks, they seem to let all these ****** players just go to the Oilers, well, I guess you have to be pretty special to play for them huh?

Old
10-21-2003, 08:17 PM
Oiler_Fan

Quote:
Made me laugh out loud, anyways...

At least your clever when you troll

Old
10-21-2003, 08:21 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Maybe its not my place to say this, but why do you guys *ALWAYS* bring up another team when outside posters critisize an Oiler player? What does Isbister have to do with the Canucks? You guys never seem to have a problem with Oiler fans slamming Oiler players. Why the discrepancy? Or I could just be out to lunch, who knows

Old
10-21-2003, 09:27 PM
Oilers4life

vCash:
I seriously hope you're all right abuot Isbister. Because trading my favorite player for this guy hurts me deeply!

Old
10-21-2003, 09:33 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Maybe its not my place to say this, but why do you guys *ALWAYS* bring up another team when outside posters critisize an Oiler player? What does Isbister have to do with the Canucks? You guys never seem to have a problem with Oiler fans slamming Oiler players. Why the discrepancy? Or I could just be out to lunch, who knows
It's a reply to Mizral, an avid Canucks fan, he always comes on here and gives us the state of the union on the Oilers, that's why the Canucks get brought up, I think you are right on the out to lunch bit.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:34 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

In any kind of package deal for Bondra of Modin, I'd do it in a hurry. My current "trade him NOW" guy however is Horcoff.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:37 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
In any kind of package deal for Bondra of Modin, I'd do it in a hurry. My current "trade him NOW" guy however is Horcoff.
Nevermind, I think it's time to vote Salo off the island, I don't know what's up with this guy, he can't seem to make that big save, unlucky as he is. I have a feeling he'll be gone with Comrie on any deal Klo makes.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:46 PM
OYLer

HEY boys and girls,

There is the bath water and the 'baby in waiting' let's hold off on the lynching party until at least game 15 OK?

Old
10-21-2003, 09:47 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
HEY boys and girls,

There is the bath water and the 'baby in waiting' let's hold off on the lynching party until at least game 15 OK?
I was lynching em before the season started, might as well get on with it

Old
10-21-2003, 10:09 PM
OYLer

Well this Old Dude is retiring for the evening to watch MATRIX RELOADED: FULL-SCREEN EDITION. Hopefully, that is what the Oilers will bring to the ice in Colorado on Thursday. Goodmorrow to all as tonight's parting is such unsweetened sorrow!

Old
10-21-2003, 10:17 PM
Fists of Fuhry

Quote:

Milbury is that you??? Better keep your fingers crossed...

Old
10-21-2003, 10:27 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram
It's a reply to Mizral, an avid Canucks fan, he always comes on here and gives us the state of the union on the Oilers, that's why the Canucks get brought up, I think you are right on the out to lunch bit.
Actually, he comes here and gives his opinion on the Oilers-then you guys use his post to start slamming the Canucks. Way to deal with the issue at hand. If you guys didn't know Miz was a Canuck fan-you would not have a problem with what he says-its not HALF as bad as what Oiler fans post here after 1 bad game by a player. I mean just look at tonights game-one loss and there are at least three threads outright slamming Oiler players with no reasons given.

Old
10-21-2003, 10:28 PM
orcatown

Waveburner- Its fair comment for Edmonton fans to point out that some in Vancouver did want Isbister. Also its only fair that they respond to some pretty obvious taunting by Vancouver fans. If an Edmonton fan came on the Canuck board and said some Canuck sucked, and everyone knew it, Vancouver fans would get pretty upset. Can't have it both ways.

Let's face it. Fans have the right to carve up their own players but rightly get on the defensive if fans from other teams do it. It's like having kids. You can rag on them all day. However if someone from outside the family does it then the gloves come off. That's way it is.

If we don't respect that then don't get mad when someone doee it to us in Vancouver.

I agree, however, with the original comment that it's looking increasing likely that Isbister will not fulfill the huge potential he seems to have. Game just seems to go into neutral and he disappears. Now 27 he certainly has had long enough to develop more consistency.

Old
10-21-2003, 10:29 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waveburner
Actually, he comes here and gives his opinion on the Oilers-then you guys use his post to start slamming the Canucks. Way to deal with the issue at hand. If you guys didn't know Miz was a Canuck fan-you would not have a problem with what he says-its not HALF as bad as what Oiler fans post here after 1 bad game by a player. I mean just look at tonights game-one loss and there are at least three threads outright slamming Oiler players with no reasons given.
They played horrible in a game they were on a path to dominate? Reason enough for ya? It's our job to criticize the players when they don't do their jobs.

Old
10-21-2003, 10:40 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown
Waveburner- Its fair comment for Edmonton fans to point out that some in Vancouver did want Isbister. Also its only fair that they respond to some pretty obvious taunting by Vancouver fans. If an Edmonton fan came on the Canuck board and said some Canuck sucked, and everyone knew it, Vancouver fans would get pretty upset. Can't have it both ways.

Let's face it. Fans have the right to carve up their own players but rightly get on the defensive if fans from other teams do it. It's like having kids. You can rag on them all day. However if someone from outside the family does it then the gloves come off. That's way it is.

If we don't respect that then don't get mad when someone doee it to us in Vancouver.

I agree, however, with the original comment that it's looking increasing likely that Isbister will not fulfill the huge potential he seems to have. Game just seems to go into neutral and he disappears. Now 27 he certainly has had long enough to develop more consistency.
Where did I say it doesn't matter that some Canuck fans wanted Isbister? I didn't. Why bring it up?

I could care less if someone posts on the Canuck board that "so and so sucks". Although I guess I do agree, people in general don't respond well to outside criticism.

I guess it just seems to me that over the summer, the HF boards are really starting to resemble other hockey boards-where outside comments net results like "You think *our guy* is bad? Well *your guy* sucks even more". Sad. It's like "If you can't say nice things about player, get lost." Especially true of the Canadian boards, like Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton...

Old
10-21-2003, 10:48 PM
Oilers Hockey

I remember back to the trade deadline and the posters at canucks.com were pretty upset the Oilers got Isbister and not the Canucks.

But then lots of canucks.com posters are pretty immature of the bandwagon variety. Glad to see none of those are on hfboards.

Old
10-21-2003, 11:27 PM
windowlicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Well this Old Dude is retiring for the evening to watch MATRIX RELOADED: FULL-SCREEN EDITION. Hopefully, that is what the Oilers will bring to the ice in Colorado on Thursday. Goodmorrow to all as tonight's parting is such unsweetened sorrow!

ouch....... fullscreen. for me its widescreen or nothing. ( i like to actually see whats going on on screen.)

Closed Thread