Notices

I was at Madison this weekend for the series

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Chrisd

vCash: 500
I was at Madison this weekend for the series

just a drunk fest, but i remember some of it.

Danny Irmen, is just flat out unreal, mr do it all. This kid is a very legit prospect, unreal in fact.

Kessel....the whole badgers team was chipping at him, seeing him finally get that goal was classic, the look on sconny' fans was priceless, and his gesture was great.

Gophers are the hottest team in the country right now, their goalie is on fire. Let's hope Irmen gets healthy quick.

BTW- if you're in Madison, go to State Street, and go to the Bars, Brats and Nitty Gritty....

Good times, and even better when you can rub in wins to sconny fans.

Old
01-29-2006, 05:20 PM
TeamSeals

Yea I was there last year when Tallackson won the game with like 42 seconds left and I remember celebrating at my friends dorm in the midst of 11 badger fans, good times good times.

Old
01-29-2006, 07:18 PM
Sherlock

Send a message via AIM to Sherlock
A few of us made the trek to Madtown again this year as well. Where did you stay, Chris? We were at the Best Western across from the capital. (As a side note, I seriously recommend this place to anyone that plans to go there. It's very nice, inexpensive, has mostly good views, and the hotel bar -- and bartender -- rules.

I wore my USA hockey Kessel jersey on the first night, which Madison folks did NOT respond well too. I was threatened several times, and actually punched once (the guy was so drunk that all I had to do was push him backwards and that was that, though). We went to the Mad Hatters after the first game, and I was just about refused entry... my girlfriend was convinced it was because of the jersey. But we did hit up the Nitty Gritty for most of the night on both nights. We were gonna head to State Street Brats, but for some reason we decided not to. Nitty Gritty's makes damn good Long Islands, thats for sure.

Game notes:
Robbie Earl needs to work on his diving. He's got some good moves, and he is a solid player, but the diving is a terrible habit. I didn't notice it quite as much this weekend as others, but the fall in the second game when Vanelli put out his arms was embarassing.

Kessel was basically a non-factor on the first night, but the hand-to-the-ear move after his goal was awesome.

At the end of the second game Irmen got a penalty, and as he left the box a Wisconsin player just happened to be right there (I didn't catch who it was, though), and Irmen absolutely destroyed him. The puck was there too, so he lucked out a little bit. But man, that was an insane hit. I hope that TV cameras caught it.

Irmen and Briggs both were on their games both nights, but the Gophers seemed to play in spurts. They seemed to hang back and stand around a lot. I think if Elliot wasn't hurt, we probably would've been lucky for split.

I thought this last year, and I still think so this year: sad as it may be, the UW student section is the best I've seen in the WCHA. I wish that Minnesota fans were half as crazy as they are. The Kohl Center is nice, but there are a lot of partially obstructed seats.

Anyway, this is my second year going to Madison, and it's been a blast each time... too bad it's over, but the sweep feels darn good!

Old
01-29-2006, 09:13 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock

At the end of the second game Irmen got a penalty, and as he left the box a Wisconsin player just happened to be right there (I didn't catch who it was, though), and Irmen absolutely destroyed him. The puck was there too, so he lucked out a little bit. But man, that was an insane hit. I hope that TV cameras caught it.

that's where irmen got hurt...and no the cameras didnt get it

danny's pass to ben gordon on the GW goal = godlike. That puck had eyes, it went right thru Tom Gilberts legs...

and lol @ don lucia liking Kessels celebration

Old
01-30-2006, 01:24 AM
Chrisd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock
A few of us made the trek to Madtown again this year as well. Where did you stay, Chris? We were at the Best Western across from the capital. (As a side note, I seriously recommend this place to anyone that plans to go there. It's very nice, inexpensive, has mostly good views, and the hotel bar -- and bartender -- rules.

I wore my USA hockey Kessel jersey on the first night, which Madison folks did NOT respond well too. I was threatened several times, and actually punched once (the guy was so drunk that all I had to do was push him backwards and that was that, though). We went to the Mad Hatters after the first game, and I was just about refused entry... my girlfriend was convinced it was because of the jersey. But we did hit up the Nitty Gritty for most of the night on both nights. We were gonna head to State Street Brats, but for some reason we decided not to. Nitty Gritty's makes damn good Long Islands, thats for sure.

Game notes:
Robbie Earl needs to work on his diving. He's got some good moves, and he is a solid player, but the diving is a terrible habit. I didn't notice it quite as much this weekend as others, but the fall in the second game when Vanelli put out his arms was embarassing.

Kessel was basically a non-factor on the first night, but the hand-to-the-ear move after his goal was awesome.

Irmen and Briggs both were on their games both nights, but the Gophers seemed to play in spurts. They seemed to hang back and stand around a lot. I think if Elliot wasn't hurt, we probably would've been lucky for split.

I thought this last year, and I still think so this year: sad as it may be, the UW student section is the best I've seen in the WCHA. I wish that Minnesota fans were half as crazy as they are. The Kohl Center is nice, but there are a lot of partially obstructed seats.

Anyway, this is my second year going to Madison, and it's been a blast each time... too bad it's over, but the sweep feels darn good!

We stayed right across from Brats, on state street, forget what its called. Little old crap hotel from the 70's. Lol....6 guys cramped in one room, beer cans everywhere, sleeping on the floor...ahh good times. I wish I didn't have a gf, as madison has quite the array of girls lol.

Yeah Robbie Earl has speed, but he dives and tries to look to pretty.

LoL wisconsin fans chanting SIEVE SIEVE after our goalie makes a big save is funny...i'm not sure they understand the game.

BTW- I saw a guy with a USA Kessel jersey, had to have been you

Old
01-30-2006, 06:46 AM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

irmen is out 3-5 weeks with a 3rd degree shoulder separation...

Closed Thread