HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pack vs. River Rats 1/29

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2006, 03:36 PM
caldercup0

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to caldercup0
Pack vs. River Rats 1/29

River Rats scored first, Jessiman scored a 5 on 3 powerplay goal to tie it, Giroux and Pock got the assists...

Old
01-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Bbird80

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldercup0
River Rats scored first, Jessiman scored a 5 on 3 powerplay goal to tie it, Giroux and Pock got the assists...
Go Pack... Sounds like a tight game. It's the first time I'm listening to the live radio broadcast. Interesting, especially with Jarkko playing quite well!

P.S. This is my first post on HFboards

Old
01-29-2006, 04:27 PM
caldercup0

Hartford took a 2-1 lead on a power play goal by Alexandre Giroux, Daniel Girardi and Jarkko Immonen got the assists, then Albany scored twice (once on the power play with Pock in the box), and then Pock scored to tie the game at 3, Montoya got the only assist...

Last edited by caldercup0: 01-29-2006 at 04:38 PM.
Old
01-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

With Jessiman seemingly reborn after his time in CHA, his stats up at HFD are a bit misleading. Does anyone know how many games he's played since his call up so we can better gauge his production from now on? I think its around 6-7 games, and I think he has all 5 of his points from this second stint now.

Old
01-29-2006, 04:37 PM
caldercup0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
With Jessiman seemingly reborn after his time in CHA, his stats up at HFD are a bit misleading. Does anyone know how many games he's played since his call up so we can better gauge his production from now on? I think its around 6-7 games, and I think he has all 5 of his points from this second stint now.
http://ahl.leaguestat.com/stats/gamebygame.php?id=39

Old
01-29-2006, 04:58 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by caldercup0
thanks alot

Old
01-29-2006, 05:07 PM
caldercup0

Pock took his second penalty of the game, Giroux scored a shorthanded goal, Immonen and Taylor got the assists. Then Albany scored on that power play chance, and Colby Genoway put the Wolf Pack back on top, Dawes got the assist.

Albany just put one in but the goal got washed out, not sure of the exact reason...

Old
01-29-2006, 05:08 PM
caldercup0

BTW, Both of Albany's powerplay goals were scored while Pock was in the box...

Old
01-29-2006, 05:11 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej's Dance
I was at the game last night against Lowell, and I specifically watched Jessiman on everyone of his shifts. I was pleasently suprised. He skates well,plays hard along the boards, and I even noticed a little chipiness behind the play. One thing about his game that is evident. Hugh likes to get to set up house in front of the net.He definitley is more of a player than I expected. Other notes.: Pock and Dawes were impressive. Jake Taylor IMO is def. a part of the Rangers future. Jake seemed to be one of Shoenies "go to" guys in important situations.Federov and Liffiton didn't play.Rory Rawlyk suited up, but rode the pine in the third period. Martin Grenier is huge. and Jessiman def. lives up to his nickname. J. Immonen is smaller than I thought but has thick legs, and plays a smart if not a very noticable game. Obviously these observations are based on this game.Also Al Montoya has a sweet glove hand, but IMO slid out to far on some plays ,and had to be bailed out by the D. IMO he isn't close to Henrik NOW, but he is gonna be a good one.

Old
01-29-2006, 05:11 PM
caldercup0

Pack win 5-4...

Old
01-29-2006, 05:19 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy hour
I was at the game last night against Lowell, and I specifically watched Jessiman on everyone of his shifts. I was pleasently suprised. He skates well,plays hard along the boards, and I even noticed a little chipiness behind the play. One thing about his game that is evident. Hugh likes to get to set up house in front of the net.He definitley is more of a player than I expected. Other notes.: Pock and Dawes were impressive. Jake Taylor IMO is def. a part of the Rangers future. Jake seemed to be one of Shoenies "go to" guys in important situations.Federov and Liffiton didn't play.Rory Rawlyk suited up, but rode the pine in the third period. Martin Grenier is huge. and Jessiman def. lives up to his nickname. J. Immonen is smaller than I thought but has thick legs, and plays a smart if not a very noticable game. Obviously these observations are based on this game.Also Al Montoya has a sweet glove hand, but IMO slid out to far on some plays ,and had to be bailed out by the D. IMO he isn't close to Henrik NOW, but he is gonna be a good one.
I watched it on tv, and to further a thing on Jessiman...he is very good along the boards. He rarely lost a battle in the corner and was good at shielding the puck along the boards.

Old
01-29-2006, 05:30 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494
I watched it on tv, and to further a thing on Jessiman...he is very good along the boards. He rarely lost a battle in the corner and was good at shielding the puck along the boards.
Very true, Jessiman used his body well. Hugh has some presence on the ice. He initiated contact, and kept up with the pace very well. I was dissapointed that Baranka wasn't in the lin-up. Daniel Girardi looks like a decent player also. Daniel Sparre skates well and put some good pressure on the puck. I also liked Lee Falardeau as a potential checking center. Lee is good on face-offs, and skates real well. Not alot of negatives to take from the game.

Old
01-29-2006, 06:13 PM
Taz

Giroux has 6 short handed goals now i believe, holy shizzle!

Old
01-29-2006, 06:15 PM
Taz

Also Dawes and Immonen have both reached the 40 point plateau

GJ!

Old
01-29-2006, 06:18 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
HUGE keeps rolling, love it!

Old
01-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Block More Shots

Glad to hear Jessiman's game is back on track...if he keeps improving, the Rangers will have a legit top 6 power forward!

Old
01-29-2006, 08:14 PM
rickyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz
Giroux has 6 short handed goals now i believe, holy shizzle!
time to see if he can do it for the big club, i think.

Old
01-29-2006, 09:22 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Liffiton suffered a concussion in first Lowell game this weekend. Was run from behind. Player who did it was tossed.

Old
01-29-2006, 09:59 PM
Pizza

It's great to read that Jessiman is continuing to impress people even even now that he is being watched more closely. I would love to see him rise to the level of legitimate power forward on the top two lines, but have adjusted my expectations some what lower. At this point if he could develop into a very good 3rd liner that consistently pots around 20 or so goals, I'd be pretty satisfied. I could see Hugh being potentially a much more dangerous force in the play offs where size and an aggressive game can pay big dividends. Just using his size and reach he could be a part of some very big moments for the Rangers in the future.

Old
01-29-2006, 10:25 PM
NYR fan 2

Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
do you guys think that he will make the Ranger team out of training camp if he keeps up his solid play?

Old
01-29-2006, 10:40 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Very true, Jessiman used his body well. Hugh has some presence on the ice. He initiated contact, and kept up with the pace very well. I was dissapointed that Baranka wasn't in the lin-up. Daniel Girardi looks like a decent player also. Daniel Sparre skates well and put some good pressure on the puck. I also liked Lee Falardeau as a potential checking center. Lee is good on face-offs, and skates real well. Not alot of negatives to take from the game.

How did Genoway look?? Does he hit or is he soft???

Old
01-29-2006, 10:44 PM
romba

Send a message via AIM to romba
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR fan 2
do you guys think that he will make the Ranger team out of training camp if he keeps up his solid play?
Doubtful. Sure he's been putting up points recently, but I don't think hes near ready for the NHL yet. He's supposedly been working on his defensive game and other things he needs to improve in, and hasn't been close to the dominating presence he has the potential to become. I'd say minimum 1 more year in the AHL(after this one), but you never know. He has made huge( jeez I didn't even notice this pun till I wrote it...) strides since training camp earlier this year.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:43 AM
Padawan
Former *********

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird80
Go Pack... Sounds like a tight game. It's the first time I'm listening to the live radio broadcast. Interesting, especially with Jarkko playing quite well!

P.S. This is my first post on HFboards
First, welcome. Second, it's actually is quite interesting to listen how Jarkko performs.

Now to other things. Since, it's under 30 games left in the regular season and there were the rule of an euro player should play minimum of 30 games "up" or pay the $100k fine. So my question is (and this is for everyone), when the roster freeze starts and does it include calling a player up from the AHL?

Closed Thread