HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Boston looks very good.

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 07:20 PM
Thalia

vCash: 500
OT: Boston looks very good.

Boston 4
Avs 1

6 minutes left in the 3rd.

Boston has totally dominated all aspects of this game. Canucks better brush up before they play the Bruins.

Anyone else watching the game?

Old
10-21-2003, 07:31 PM
CCF
This is the year....

The Bruins have started out hot the previous two years as well. It's nothing too shocking if you ask me. They can never do anything in the playoffs anyways...

Old
10-21-2003, 07:41 PM
Reign Nateo

They had a good start last year as well, a good team and if their goaltending holds they will be a playoff team, perhaps home ice. Any team that beats Colorado, I like.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:46 PM
incawg

You could probably change this thread to "Colorado looks very bad." Not trying to take anything away from the bruins, but the avs look awful. Granato is going to be that team's undoing. I'm convinced the guy can't coach his way out of a paper bag. He got burned by line matchups all night on home ice.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:41 PM
Impossibles

One word: Potvin

Old
10-21-2003, 08:47 PM
Riven

I had the game going in the background tonight, so I wasn't watching it with any real focus. However, the impression I got was that Colorado is a ticking bomb at both ends of the rink.

As many predicted, they can score in the blink of an eye. Any number of their powerhouse forwards can crank it up if the opposition players let down their guard for a second. In that regard, they are almost as good as the Vancouver Canucks.

Based on what I saw tonight, the Colorado defence looked lost out there. Boston did not appear to be moving the puck around with any authority, Colorado just seemed to stop skating. Has anyone predicted the return of Patrick Roy? It may be the Avalanche's only option. They can't afford to lose more third and fourth line grinders to upgrade between the pipes.

Overall, I just thought Colorado lacked any emotional involvement in the game.

Boston, on the other hand, had plenty of emotion. A good, scrappy effort on their part. But, hey, they do have Potvin in goal. And, we all know what happens when he starts to melt down.

Old
10-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Impossibles

Roy cannot come back this year, due to NHLPA retirement rules. I doubt he'd come back next year, seeing as he'd probably have to take quite a pay cut with a new CBA in place, and he won't want to embarass himself by looking old.

The greater worry is Colorado trading for a good goalie.

I also don't think Granato is half the coach Bob Hartley is, and I bet he gets fired next off-season (or sooner) if colorado doesn't make it at least to the 3rd round.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Waveburner
RIP Luc

Granato should never have been hired as head coach in the first place. No experience coaching on a Cup team?? What was Lacroix thinking?

Old
10-21-2003, 09:15 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF
The Bruins have started out hot the previous two years as well. It's nothing too shocking if you ask me. They can never do anything in the playoffs anyways...
yep, rountine first round exits in the playoffs....nice to see the habs take them out in 6 two years ago

Old
10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Yammer

Thornton and Murray are arguably the best one-two forward duo in the NHL. So they have a strong first line, which can win you quite a few games. In the regular season.

The Canucks cannot take anyone lightly. They do not have the habit of years of winning. Vancouver was an awful team just a few years ago. Being excellent is a newfound sensation!

Old
10-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossibles
One word: Potvin
GO LOW! GO LOW! GO LOW!

Old
10-22-2003, 04:25 AM
Gator Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
GO LOW! GO LOW! GO LOW!
You know... that's funny. All the Kings fans will scream is "HIGH, GLOVE SIDE! HIGH, GLOVE SIDE!"

Old
10-22-2003, 06:33 AM
nathan

The Bruins posted 3 come-from-behind victories in a row I do believe. One where they were down 0-3 to the Kings, but ended up winning 4-3. Now that's hard!

Thorton's line is just plain on fire. They accounted for 3 of Beantown's 4 goals last night. Granato just couldn't match up against them right.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:02 AM
incawg

Quote:
After the game, Avalanche players called a team meeting.

"It's something that happens during the season from time to time," Colorado coach Tony Granato said. "I'm glad they did that. We have enough leaders in that room. They know when the door needs to be shut and they need to discuss things on their own."
Is there any doubt that it is the players running this team? Granato is a passenger and when you've got this many superstars on a team that's a recipe for disaster.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:29 AM
Rageinthecage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Mike
You know... that's funny. All the Kings fans will scream is "HIGH, GLOVE SIDE! HIGH, GLOVE SIDE!"

...and according to most Canuck fans re: Potvin, as long as you put the puck on the net anywhere besides right into the logo on his jersey (and even then there might be a juicy rebound) it's a goal.

Closed Thread