HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Day Thread - Phi @ NYR

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
ReadY GUYS MArk this down and hold on to it .

There is no need for ORR to dress tonight. The Flyers are going to try and win a game and not goon it up. Brashear is injuried and not able to fight with a bum shoulder and not a concern. Orr is not needed to we play the Islanders later on with Goddard Erkstine and Asham then we need to dress him.

Old
01-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I expect the Flyers to come out flying, trying to hit the Ranges out of the building. You can bet that Hitch got in their collective ear following that Tampa game. Injuries or not, this will be a good barometer game for the Rangers. I certainly hope that Renney dresses Hollweg tonight. He could really be a factor in a game like this. Especially in front of a home crowd.
Agree 100% about everything..The Flyers should be steaming mad..As I said in the other thread, neither Hossa or Hollweg deserves to be benched for their recent play but, perhaps like Hossa against the limp Penguins as Holly against the Devils, Hollweg and his energy, hitting, and forechecking is a better choice against the Flyers then Hossa...JMO..But I expect Renney's to be different.....We shall see...

Old
01-30-2006, 10:33 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
i also don't think niemo should sit either, he generates more scoring chances than hossa and plays a more aggitating game to try and get them off their game!
It's the stoopid, undisciplined penalties that irk me about Niemenen's game.

Old
01-30-2006, 11:15 AM
rickyrod

i don't want to see orr tonight. not for the 3 minutes he'll be out there and mess up the line rotations. between hollweg, ortmeyer, kaspar and struds we've got enough bodies in there to do what we do best.

as for hossa, i just can't see how you put him in tonight. the only player he should really be exchangable for is ward, and you can't take ward out, he's been amazing lately. maybe nemo is also exchangable, but only when he is in his bad habit of taking bad pens, which he hasn't really done much of lately. i don't like it when renney takes hollweg out for hossa, because they're so different and hollweg adds a lot more than hossa, even when he scores twice.

Old
01-30-2006, 11:22 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
i wonder what kind of reaction the crowd will give nedved...
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old
01-30-2006, 11:28 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Just as a reminder, tonight's game is on OLN.

01-30-2006, 11:29 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frohli44
i wonder what kind of reaction the crowd will give nedved...
Vast indifference.

Old
01-30-2006, 11:34 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AGAIN...LOL

Old
01-30-2006, 12:05 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Agree 100% about everything..The Flyers should be steaming mad.
They finally named their replacement captain (or "interim captain" as they call him) for Primeau, too. You can bet he'll be driving them hard on his first night.

Old
01-30-2006, 01:48 PM
FlyerFanLWB

id acctually say you guys should be favored tonight.. with forsberg,johnsson and desjardins out... the best overal player on the flyers and 2 top 4 dmen.... with that said this is a huge game and is still a very important game with the rangers bein within 3 points and the flyers hurting and playing like crap... both teams could really use a win and i look forward to a good game... hopefully the flyers can play with more heart and more determination because they need all they can get with key players bein out of the lineup and the recent skid... rangers 4 flyers 2

Old
01-30-2006, 01:54 PM
FlyerFanLWB

to be honest the flyers usually play better when the other team comes in with the mind set of trying to match up with the physical play... the best bet to beating philly is goin with fast skilled guys especially with a few skilled flyers out of the lineup ... thats just my two sense

Old
01-30-2006, 02:03 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
****. I was just going to say how much I was looking forward to the crowd and all tonight. But on OLN you know either the camera, the audio or both are going to be ****ed up. Do we at least get Sam with JD?

Old
01-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFanLWB
to be honest the flyers usually play better when the other team comes in with the mind set of trying to match up with the physical play... the best bet to beating philly is goin with fast skilled guys especially with a few skilled flyers out of the lineup ... thats just my two sense
Flyers are good when everyone is healty. But I don't get the "physical part". Who is their to match "physically"? You guys have a pretty soft team. Ben Eager and Donald Brasher are two physical guys but other then that? Sami Kapanen? Nedved? Knuble? Gagne? Sim? Richards? Handzus? Savage? Carter?(Ok if he wants to be he seems to have his hands full keeping up with the pace) Radijovic? Umberger?

Even the blue line is really soft besides Hatcher.

Its possible that you might be able to match us physically but Philadelphia is defenitly not the power house it used to be.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Ola

6-0 NYR. Ward with the trick, and one each for Prucha, Jagr and Sykora.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:36 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
This sucks. I want to see this game so bad but its on stupid OLN -_- . The gap for the Atlantic is being left wide open and tonight is going to be a huge game.

Old
01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
FlyerFanLWB

i never said the flyers are some physical powerhouse... basically what i was saying was that when teams come in with the mindset that they need to goon it up and play physical the flyers usually have more success... right now the key to beating philly is with a fast tempo and quick outlet passes... with desjardins and johnsson out of the lineup therien has to play and the flyers defense really takes hit in the speed and skill department... hatcher and rathje are slower d-men that really get complimented by desjardins and johnssons skateing ability and puck skill... hatcher and rathje are stay at home d-men that... with desjardins and johnson out and therien in the lineup the flyers have a flat footed defense

Old
01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
You guys have a pretty soft team.
No offense, but I read your reasoning and how you arrived at the conclusion that the Flyers are a soft team, I'll never know.

Old
01-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Ola

Quote:
No offense, but I read your reasoning and how you arrived at the conclusion that the Flyers are a soft team, I'll never know.
Besides Brasher, Hatcher and Eager, what physical player do they have? Who sets them apart from other teams in the league?

Honestly, compare their physical assets today and 8 years ago. There a tremendous marginal between thoose two rosters. Swedish TV is broadcasting a ton of Flyers games this year and I've yet to see them play a physical dominating game.

Brasher is tough. But this is the rest of their F roster TB, do you call this a tough squad?

Sami Kapanen
Petr Nedved
Mike Knuble
Simon Gagne
Jon Sim
Mike Richards
Michael Handzus
Brian Savage
Jeff Carter
Branko Radijovic
RJ Umberger

We have a issue with a soft top 2 lines. But I hardly consider the Flyers as a top 15 team in the league when it comes to toughness, sorry. Thats 11 forwards, and I wouldn't call any one of them a physically dominating hockeyplayer. They don't have a Primaue or Lindros any more. They have allot of hardworking players, so calling them soft is maybe a stretch, but if you compare them with the Flames for example they are really soft.

The only thing that sets apart the Flyers compared with us in the physical deparment is Brasher. Two top 2 lines which don't hit at all. One physical D each, Hatcher and Kaspar. Hardworking 3rd and 4th lines.

Old
01-30-2006, 04:00 PM
JLand

Haven't been this excited for a Rangers game for quite some while.

Lots of people walking around wearing Flyers jerseys here in Manhattan. The Garden should be rocking tonight. Can't wait to get there.

Old
01-30-2006, 04:08 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola
Brasher is tough. But this is the rest of their F roster TB, do you call this a tough squad?

Sami Kapanen
Petr Nedved
Mike Knuble
Simon Gagne
Jon Sim
Mike Richards
Michael Handzus
Brian Savage
Jeff Carter
Branko Radijovic
RJ Umberger
I think that Ratje, Richards, Knuble, Radijovic & Umberger are a lot more physical then you give them credit for.

Old
01-30-2006, 04:15 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
I think that Ratje, Richards, Knuble, Radijovic & Umberger are a lot more physical then you give them credit for.
Yes i agree on physical but not in a goon it up way. They hit and finish checks not cross check to the face.

Old
01-30-2006, 04:18 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44
Yes i agree on physical but not in a goon it up way. They hit and finish checks not cross check to the face.
That's fine. That is still more than what 90% of the Rangers forwards do.

Old
01-30-2006, 05:08 PM
The Dawg*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerFanLWB

Old
01-30-2006, 05:15 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyrod
i don't like it when renney takes hollweg out for hossa, because they're so different and hollweg adds a lot more than hossa, even when he scores twice.
So a fight, a couple of hard hits and no offense whatsoever is better than 2 goals?

Let's be clear about something guys. The Rangers winning or losing is not dependent on the HMO line. They're a fourth line. I think come playoff time their worth will come shining through, kinda like Draper and Maltby for the old Wings teams when they weren't getting much ice time.

Regardless, Renney's the coach not me. I could care less who he plays on the fourth line, especially when they average 6-8 minutes a game. Playoffs, now that's a different story.

Old
01-30-2006, 05:25 PM
BigCanada77
NYR in the Midwest

Send a message via AIM to BigCanada77
LETS GO RANGERS!! yea baby, i dont know about anyone else, but i'm getting gittery waiting for this game. This has the possibilty to be a HUGE, if not the biggest turning point of the season. If we can come away with a partly dominating victory tonight, with Pitt and the Islanders coming up for us, and Buffalo coming up for Philly, we can get some momentum going into the olympic break and to the end of the season.

Closed Thread