HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why is Horcoff Still Playing??

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 09:30 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fists of Fuhry
Three cheers for Clearcoff.... now to find swansani!
Right on!

Old
10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
You might want to include your boy Izzy in the done Nothing, Zero physical play, defensive play, offensive play, special teams play (they make appearance but don't do anything quote.) 2 million - 6 games - no points. If you are going to point fingers, then point them in the right direction.
You're favourite boy is on the 2nd line and doing nothing. Isbister is on the 4th. Shouldn't players on the 2nd line be scoring. So far this season, Chimera has done nothing. He should be seeing the PB pretty soon. Chimera is proving it that he doesn't belong in the top six.

10-22-2003, 04:20 AM
copperaddict

I never liked him since he got here! He is certainly not top 2 line material and he is wasting good minutes that could go to more deserving players. He was on the ice at the end last night instead of York. He lost the puck twice in that time and the 2 passes he tried to make he passed it to the wrong side of the players. MacT likes him because he is a defensive player. He is outclassed playing this level and I hope he is packing his bags with Comrie if they can find someone who likes he has potential.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:50 AM
capta

Send a message via ICQ to capta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion88
First Post Ever!!

Can anyone tell me why Shawn Horcoff is still in the Oilers Lineup, let alone giving him the amount of ice time / power play time he gets. He is brutal IMO.
This guy needs to be on either the #1 or #2 lines. Playing 4th line with Isbusted and BG ....how can this guy progress when he keeps getting shunted onto the 4th line?!

Old
10-22-2003, 06:06 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by capta
This guy needs to be on either the #1 or #2 lines. Playing 4th line with Isbusted and BG ....how can this guy progress when he keeps getting shunted onto the 4th line?!
I think because of how played in the playoffs and at the world championships, Horcoff is overrated. He shouldn't be on the top two lines. If it was anyone else that plays like Horcoff, fans would want him out of town on the first flight.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:54 AM
IceDragoon

After reading all these posts, I have come to the conclusion, that it's time to put the torque line back on the ice. I feel they would be a consistent, plus, energy line; that can score up to 2nd line points. The buzzsaw and BG play like they're in each others heads. And Horc reads them well, while taking advantage of the fact, that most opposing players are caught up in his wingers' web. This is a win - win.

I think Izzy throws a different component to the line, that has them over thinking - imho. I would rather see him up in the top 6, working on basics with any of Smyth, York, Hemsky and Dvorak. If he could get the abcs down pat with those guys, he might live up to expectations.

Old
10-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Master Lok

Yup, blame the losses on the 4th line centre. that makes sense. Get rid of him like a dirty shirt and the Oilers will be that much better. Or better yet, put in Stoll a total rookie in his place (on the 4th line) and the oilers will win the Cup.

Get real guys. Horcoff missed one assignment but he's not a Penguin. He's not allstar, but he basically the next coming of Rem (the Gem) Murray. Man, the search for scapegoats has already started 6 games into the season. Looks like its a close race between Pisani (3rd line winger), Horcoff and Salo.

Old
10-22-2003, 12:35 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogeo69
Yup, blame the losses on the 4th line centre. that makes sense. Get rid of him like a dirty shirt and the Oilers will be that much better. Or better yet, put in Stoll a total rookie in his place (on the 4th line) and the oilers will win the Cup.

Get real guys. Horcoff missed one assignment but he's not a Penguin. He's not allstar, but he basically the next coming of Rem (the Gem) Murray. Man, the search for scapegoats has already started 6 games into the season. Looks like its a close race between Pisani (3rd line winger), Horcoff and Salo.
He's Rem Murray, with better speed and poorer faceoff ability. That's fine with me, but he'll never be a consistent top 6 forward. That's OK.

Looking for scapegoats is human nature, it happens at work all the time.

Old
10-22-2003, 01:23 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Don't everybody get down on Horcoff just yet. He still has the potential to be a top six player (more as a solidifer, not an anchor). I could see him being something like a Arvedson with less skill but more grit.

Old
10-22-2003, 01:27 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Don't everybody get down on Horcoff just yet. He still has the potential to be a top six player (more as a solidifer, not an anchor). I could see him being something like a Arvedson with less skill but more grit.
Can you really have less skill than Magnus Arvedson and be a top-six forward? I don't happen to think so. And IMO, a team that's going to win something, even if it is in 2-3 years, can't have Shawn Horcoff in that spot.

Old
10-22-2003, 01:29 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Can you really have less skill than Magnus Arvedson and be a top-six forward? I don't happen to think so. And IMO, a team that's going to win something, even if it is in 2-3 years, can't have Shawn Horcoff in that spot.
You obviously haven't watched Arvedson much - as he is MUCH more skilled then his numbers show. But I guess what I'm trying to say Is I think he'll develop into an elite two way third liner.

Old
10-22-2003, 01:37 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
You obviously haven't watched Arvedson much - as he is MUCH more skilled then his numbers show. But I guess what I'm trying to say Is I think he'll develop into an elite two way third liner.
But still, I'd say he is a 5-6 top-six guy, and Horcoff isn't close to him in talent, so there ya go, in my mind at least. I think on a cup contender, a guy like Horcoff is an average 3rd line center frankly.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:10 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
But still, I'd say he is a 5-6 top-six guy, and Horcoff isn't close to him in talent, so there ya go, in my mind at least. I think on a cup contender, a guy like Horcoff is an average 3rd line center frankly.
Playing at his current level perhaps, but he will improve and mature defensive with age. Lets not hang him because of a couple so-so games. He's still putting up as good numbers as you can ask from a guy stuck on the fourth line!

Old
10-23-2003, 07:48 AM
Big T

Horc has been great for the start of the season. He has lead the most effective line we have had. Don't forget that he is covering for two defensively suspect players in BG and Torres/Isbister.

This is also why Reasoner's +/- looks so much better is he is playing with two defensively aware linemates.

And yet that line is consistently the one getting things rolling and changing the momentum in our favor.

No Horc should not be 2nd line centre on a contending team, but we are not a contending team. Not to mention we are missing one of our top two centres.

T

And the reason Stoll hasn't seen action is because we need somebody to make up for BG/Torres/Isbister's defensive inability.

Old
10-23-2003, 11:41 AM
Boondock Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
Totally agree I am starting to wish I wasn't an Oiler fan this is embarrassing.
You're embarassed???

Now you finally know how the rest of us feel when you go around to every board on this site with your stupid trade proposals....

Couldn't you just cheer for the Leafs....

Old
10-23-2003, 12:01 PM
LawnDemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondock Saint
You're embarassed???

Now you finally know how the rest of us feel when you go around to every board on this site with your stupid trade proposals....

Couldn't you just cheer for the Leafs....
what are "u" talking about?

Closed Thread