HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Negativity-**Only** Thread (A Place to go to vent) III

Old
01-07-2017, 10:47 PM
sparkle twin
Goals? Nah, I pass.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafingTheWay View Post
I don't like the pairings when Subban was healthy. Josi-Subban, Ekholm-Ellis is the best pairing you can get and Nashville didn't use them together when their Forwards decided to show for the season (I.e after October).

I think this team will be fine once Subban comes back and that D-pairing I said above gets put together.
Yeah well, that's the thing, no one knows if that will be in 2-3 weeks or March or October.

One thing that could help in the meantime is if they communicate better. A lot of times it looks like they aren't talking and just assuming the other guy is going to make a play. Then nothing happens or the puck gets turned over or they both try to make the same play and a goal like Fla's 1st goal happens.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansVolsPreds615 View Post
This franchise can't afford to ditch Lavi and hire a replacement right now. We better hope we figure it out.
They really couldn't afford to pay nearly half of Weber's contract to trade him and pick up another 9mil a season contract either.

And with ryjo resigning coming up. A lot of money being spent.

Mypetrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2017, 01:20 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
We seem to do things very differently from other organizations. Not that that is a bad thing. I mostly like it. I think it's contributed to some of our success.

But look at the Florida Panthers for instance. Probably a playoff team when you look at them on paper and them in recent years, but they saw their team trending in the wrong direction and fired their coach to make a change because their expectations are playoffs and nothing less now that they've gotten to that echelon of teams. We are in that same category. We expect playoffs. Hell we expect WCF and a very strong push to the SCF. Anything less is unacceptable.

I'm not sure you do it now or you wait until the end of the season. But if this team misses the playoffs this year, count me in with the one's that see it time for Lavy to be fired. I somewhat believe it needs to happen now.

I also believe the Subban/Weber trade has killed us this year. Just in terms of camaraderie. There's no continuity with the defensive pairings. Ellis and Ekholm should have never been split up. They are a perfect pair. But Lavy changes it up. I get the argument of Josi and Subban being somewhat similar playing styles but don't mess up a good thing. I was all for the Subban trade and still back it but I would be lying if I said I don't think it has effected things on the back end this year. I also believe we need to add another 3rd pairing guy. Weber and Irwin have been nice but I'd rather have a more suitable 5th and then see who wins out the position for #6 between Weber and Irwin.

And finally, I think Saros needs to split the load the rest of the way or start about 3-5 games in a row as if he's the starter and see how we do. Outside of the month of December Rinne has been as porous as swiss cheese with the exceptional Rinne performance seldomly.

I'm beginning to wonder if after this year it's time to move away from some of the old bodies. Wilson or Smith gone to Vegas, Let Ribeiro walk, Fisher I'm okay with staying, and Rinne moving to a backup who plays 25-30 games and letting Saros start to get going as a starter.

This year has been total crap after the type of team we knew last season and playoffs. And on top of all that, please for God's sake add another scoring, yes actually scoring winger. Pull the ****ing trigger. Very close to blow it up time.
Florida fired their coach because he's wasn't the gms pick. He wanted to fire him in the offseason but they didn't when they made the playoffs. Their skid game them a reason to do it.

It was talked all over on hockey central at noon when that happened.

Old
01-08-2017, 01:22 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
Dean Evason is Milwaukee's coach but I don't know anything about him.

I think the other coach was Horacheck. I don't know where he went directly after us but I'm almost positive he was on Florida's staff at some point after, possibly as head coach.
He coached the the leafs to the basement when Randy got fired.

Old
01-08-2017, 08:46 PM
hockey diva

Time to accept the inevitable. We stink and there ain't nothing fun about watching these guys crap the ice game after game.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2017, 09:16 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 50
The hard reality of the situation. The team has won 17 of the 40 games they have played giving them a .425 winning % they have gained OT points in 7 more games giving them a .512 point %. Neither are good enough to sniff at a playoff spot. In fact there on pace for 83 points. The 2nd wild card now is pacing at 90 points and chances are it will take 93 points to get in considering the way Winnipeg and Dallas are now playing finally healthy. Injuries and just poor performance have made a perfect storm. The blame can be spread all over from front office to each player. The high praise from pre-season has proved to have been misplaced. It does suprise me they will likely miss the playoffs I felt they would be a wildcard team but in no way is this roster a cup contender that many talking heads though before Oct.

The thing now what to do about it? Many already calling for Lavi's head and Poile as well. If thats the case a new coach inherits the same issues of a wonkie roster that does not fit. They have no extra pieces to trade to upgrade any of the players With a questionable injury to Fish now there is a possibility only Neal breaks 20 goals this season. If and when he returns....

Byrddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2017, 09:59 PM
TitansVolsPreds615

Feel like we sold our soul for a beater sports car that won't run.

TitansVolsPreds615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2017, 01:07 AM
sparkle twin
Goals? Nah, I pass.

For a team that was supposed to have so much speed, we sure do play s-l-o-w.

And why is it when we are in our defensive zone, 2 or 3 of OUR OWN PLAYERS have no problem screening Pekka/Saros, yet in the offensive zone our players REFUSE to screen the other teams goalie?!

Look what happened when Watson put his big ass in front of Crawford, he was there for a rebound and got a goal!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2017, 07:02 AM
triggrman

vCash: 557
You knew Byrddog would show up if we played bad.

Guess that Lightning bandwagon is broken too.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2017, 07:05 AM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

As a user that lists mypetrobot as a friend, the above post is hilarious.

bdub24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle twin View Post
For a team that was supposed to have so much speed, we sure do play s-l-o-w.
it's because we are slow sparkle. outside of arvidsson and fiala this is a very slow forward corps on average. it's why i always chuckle when our announcers clain we are a 'speed team'.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2017, 08:29 AM
triggrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub24 View Post
As a user that lists mypetrobot as a friend, the above post is hilarious.
And if he says something stupid I call him out on it too.

Also, I don't really have a friends list.....

Old
01-09-2017, 08:30 AM
triggrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
it's because we are slow sparkle. outside of arvidsson and fiala this is a very slow forward corps on average. it's why i always chuckle when our announcers clain we are a 'speed team'.
You can be a slow skating team that plays fast though.

I think Lavy wants to play a fast paced game, that doesn't mean he needs all fast skaters.

Old
01-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Pred303

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
You can be a slow skating team that plays fast though.

I think Lavy wants to play a fast paced game, that doesn't mean he needs all fast skaters.
true... we have all these 'thinker' players, (Ribeiro, Johansen, Wilson, Forsberg), that like to skate the puck into the zone and then wait for trailers or to see what develops. that's what slows our attack game down so much honestly.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2017, 12:46 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
true... we have all these 'thinker' players, (Ribeiro, Johansen, Wilson, Forsberg), that like to skate the puck into the zone and then wait for trailers or to see what develops. that's what slows our attack game down so much honestly.
That seems to me more dependent on how transition is structured. You can still have guys who look for options and still have a fast game - that's part of what's been so successful up here. Pair those guys with faster linemates, or have everybody more promptly turn around on D->O transition, or have the transition set up such that you've got linemates ready to enter as soon as your options guy skates the puck in (or have a combination of all of the above, why not? ) and that becomes not just a total nonissue, but a potential major strength.

Disclaimer: I haven't seen enough Preds games start to finish to know if Lavi's trying to have guys do just that (I keep on catching bits and pieces, Games Already In Progress, and whatever portions are still ongoing after the Jackets game - that's life when you have a first love ). If he is, then that suggests folks just aren't executing well.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2017, 04:17 PM
David Singleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
That seems to me more dependent on how transition is structured. You can still have guys who look for options and still have a fast game - that's part of what's been so successful up here. Pair those guys with faster linemates, or have everybody more promptly turn around on D->O transition, or have the transition set up such that you've got linemates ready to enter as soon as your options guy skates the puck in (or have a combination of all of the above, why not? ) and that becomes not just a total nonissue, but a potential major strength.

Disclaimer: I haven't seen enough Preds games start to finish to know if Lavi's trying to have guys do just that (I keep on catching bits and pieces, Games Already In Progress, and whatever portions are still ongoing after the Jackets game - that's life when you have a first love ). If he is, then that suggests folks just aren't executing well.
Given the injuries, that's been a bit tougher to accomplish.

David Singleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2017, 05:25 PM
bdub24
Formerly Section 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
And if he says something stupid I call him out on it too.

Also, I don't really have a friends list.....
I know I was just making a quick cheap joke. Apologies. This team has me bitter right now.

bdub24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Viqsi
"grumpy grandma"@30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Singleton View Post
Given the injuries, that's been a bit tougher to accomplish.
True enough.

Viqsi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 08:09 AM
Byrddog

What would this team look like if Poile had signed Vrbata and PA Parenteau last summer both will have 20 goals this year 45 to 50 points and make about 1.5 mil each. But no go with the kids.

Old
01-10-2017, 09:25 AM
deanwormer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
What would this team look like if Poile had signed Vrbata and PA Parenteau last summer both will have 20 goals this year 45 to 50 points and make about 1.5 mil each. But no go with the kids.
So either or both of them would have been better than Arvy, eh? Or you're suggesting one or both would skate on the 4th line?

Cause I count at the start: Flip/Joey/Neal Ribs/Fiala/Smith Fish/Arvy/Wilson

The problem isn't the kids...... and a band-aid Vrbata in place of Fiala MIGHT net you a few more goals, but leaves him another year out on development, which is crazy unless you think THE MISSING PIECE is a $1.5Mil FA.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 11:17 AM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
So either or both of them would have been better than Arvy, eh? Or you're suggesting one or both would skate on the 4th line?

Cause I count at the start: Flip/Joey/Neal Ribs/Fiala/Smith Fish/Arvy/Wilson

The problem isn't the kids...... and a band-aid Vrbata in place of Fiala MIGHT net you a few more goals, but leaves him another year out on development, which is crazy unless you think THE MISSING PIECE is a $1.5Mil FA.
The biggest missing link at this point is veteran leadership. And You are correct about Arviddson if both had been signed he would not have had top 6 time but he would have still broken out in the same manner he did not start in the top 6. BNut both at this point are improvments over Fiala and some of the others who rotated thru the top 6. You can also look at Vrbata shootout numbers hes in the mid 40% range like 46 if memory serves me right. having 46 goals out of 100 chances in SO this leads the league. That alone would already be worth a couple points this year. And yes they would be band-aids waiting on the kids to mature. Last year no one wanted to blow the team up and allow the kids to mature together. Now The kids that have been brought in are not getting it done. Arviddson has done well, but Scissions, Aberg, Fiala have done little. Kamenev only a few games but nothing impressive yet. And yes two 20 goal guys at 1.5 mil would be an improvment at least the bang for the buck is more impressive that what you are getting from Smith and Wilson.

Old
01-10-2017, 02:04 PM
Preds33

Quote:
The biggest missing link at this point is veteran leadership. And You are correct about Arviddson if both had been signed he would not have had top 6 time but he would have still broken out in the same manner he did not start in the top 6. BNut both at this point are improvments over Fiala and some of the others who rotated thru the top 6. You can also look at Vrbata shootout numbers hes in the mid 40% range like 46 if memory serves me right. having 46 goals out of 100 chances in SO this leads the league. That alone would already be worth a couple points this year. And yes they would be band-aids waiting on the kids to mature. Last year no one wanted to blow the team up and allow the kids to mature together. Now The kids that have been brought in are not getting it done. Arviddson has done well, but Scissions, Aberg, Fiala have done little. Kamenev only a few games but nothing impressive yet. And yes two 20 goal guys at 1.5 mil would be an improvment at least the bang for the buck is more impressive that what you are getting from Smith and Wilson.
Fiala has shown a ton of growth thus far, growth that likely would not have happened staying in Milwaukee. And to the real issue, this team lacks leadership and I doubt those two guys you were talking about would have provided the spark this team needs. And who is to say that those guys have the same success here? They could have just as easily sucked like they have the last few years.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 03:41 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Fiala has shown a ton of growth thus far, growth that likely would not have happened staying in Milwaukee. And to the real issue, this team lacks leadership and I doubt those two guys you were talking about would have provided the spark this team needs. And who is to say that those guys have the same success here? They could have just as easily sucked like they have the last few years.
You may be right but I am 100% certain that the young guys do not have the experience for leadership roles. In fact they would benefit from veteran leadership. I was hoping that Josi could take a step up and be a future leader but he has not really done that this year. And Forsberg is a very poor option. So what is going to happen if Fish does in fact retire Subban not a viable option Neal is a hothead not an option. I was not a fan of Weber as the C but it does appear he was a stabilizing figure that the team does not have at this point and this is not meany to be a dis at Fish. I still have hope that Fiala can emerge into a high grade player but he needs leadership. He reminds me of the early years of Radulov, loaded with skill but misplacing it nightly. I had a long conversation with Jason Arnott at the time about that very topic and what he and others were doing to point Radu in the right direction. Of course that did not end well. And it is not out of the realm of imagination that Fiala would not revert back to his immature antics of the past as well. And honestly the Smith and Wilson spots on the roster are wasted now when they should begin being the mentors to younger guys they are trying to find there own game yet again. It is a sad state that everyone longed for young players and it has failed miserably.

Old
04-02-2017, 10:06 AM
Scoresberg
Golden Era Preds

Man is Ekholm the worst player ever to clear the puck. Subban is not good at it, either. And don't get me started on the goal he scored last night but when you look at the big picture they are horrible at clearing the puck which leads to dangerous scoring chances. I mean ice the puck for all I care just get it out of there!!!!

Ekholm is also bad at the laying on the ice preventing the east-west pass. I really prefer Josi-Ellis pair there at the end.

Also, why are we so freaking passive in 6 on 5 ???? It's like we turtle up and wait for them to score. But when we have 6 guys on ice the opponent comes at us with full force and is aggresive as any. I hate our play there.

We gotta fix the special teams before the playoffs start. With the talent we have we simply can't have that kind of PP. Come on!!

But more concerned I am about the PK. We are so freaking passive it's driving me nuts. If our PK doesn't work come playoff time it's adios in the 1st round. We just turtle up and stop moving and let the other guys try scoring. Being over-aggresive is a whole another story but at least give the other guys some heat some resistance!!

Man, it felt good to write it all out.. pheww

Scoresberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2017, 10:18 AM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Solid prediction on Parenteau being a great fit with us.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote