HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Today......Must Win????

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Today......Must Win????

Just wondering.......is tonight's game a "Must Win" game? Or if the King's lose again tonight does that make the game against Phoenix on Thursday a "Must Win"?

You see I am just confused as to which of these games are really in the "Must Win" category and which ones are acceptable losses. Especially since it seems to change on a daily basis.

Last edited by Captain Ron: 02-11-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old
01-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
Just wondering.......is tonight's game a "Must Win" game? Or if the King's lose again tonight does that make the game against Phoenix on Thursday a "Must Win"?

You see I am just confused as to which of these games are really in the "Must Win" category and which ones are acceptable losses. Especially since it seems to change on a daily basis.

It is if we don't want you to blow a head gasket.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
It is if we don't want you to blow a head gasket.
I am pretty sure we have gone way beyond that point Face Wash.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:18 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
EVERY division game is a must win imo. It only makes it moreso when our 11 point lead over Anaheim is now down to 7 or so, and were only 2 points ahead of the #8 team Colorado which has two games in hand....

Old
01-30-2006, 02:20 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
It will be interesting to see how the Kings combat the Ducks game plan, as despite the shootout win, the Kings were completely outplayed and outcoached by Anaheim in both of the previous meetings.

Maybe with the Ducks getting the last change, the Kings will confound them this time

Old
01-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
EVERY division game is a must win imo. It only makes it moreso when our 11 point lead over Anaheim is now down to 7 or so, and were only 2 points ahead of the #8 team Colorado which has two games in hand....
Reap, don't get Spongey worked up... these true facts of yours only serve to give SB an ulcer, or worse...

Come on man... don't you care about SongeBob's health and general welfare. I for one do...

Old
01-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Reap, don't get Spongey worked up... these true facts of yours only serve to give SB an ulcer, or worse...

Come on man... don't you care about SongeBob's health and general welfare. I for one do...
Thanks Face Wash.

By the way......would you happen to have an extra bottle of TUMS?

Old
01-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Thanks Face Wash.

By the way......would you happen to have an extra bottle of TUMS?
I've even got some Prilosec OTC if ya need it... I got yer back! Go Zen tonite dude. It ain't worth it...

Old
01-30-2006, 02:35 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
I've even got some Prilosec OTC if ya need it... I got yer back! Go Zen tonite dude. It ain't worth it...
I have a bottle of Mylanta at my side right now.

Actually, I am seriously considering only watching the first half of the game tonight. That way if the Kings get off to a good lead I can "envision" a strong defensive second half to protect the lead. If they are behind after the first half i can "envision" a great comeback for the victory. That way no matter how the game turns out in "reality" they can at least be winners in my mind.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
I have a bottle of Mylanta at my side right now.

Actually, I am seriously considering only watching the first half of the game tonight. That way if the Kings get off to a good lead I can "envision" a strong defensive second half to protect the lead. If they are behind after the first half i can "envision" a great comeback for the victory. That way no matter how the game turns out in "reality" they can at least be winners in my mind.
Whatever works.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:43 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Its a must win. We can't let the Ducks get too close.

Why are the Ducks playing so well right now? I thought they traded the players that were gonna get them to the playoffs.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:45 PM
B-MEL

Must Kill Ducks!!!

Old
01-30-2006, 02:48 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MEL
Must Kill Ducks!!!
which reminds me... how inappropriate is it for the Staples Center jumbotron to show the clown with the hunting gear and the duck on a rope when it's 6-1 Ducks....

the timing on that could have been better... say, BEFORE THE GAME?

also, do they HAVE to show us the Sempra Energy Power Play stats after we've endured watching the Kings fritter away every opportunity to get back in the game that they've squandered by giving up power play goals?

Old
01-30-2006, 02:51 PM
dbbourn

vCash: 50
Liquid Cure

Quote:
Whatever works.
There was a good 5 game stretch earlier in the season where the Kings would score a goal for every beer I had during the course of the game.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Steve_KINGS27

I think we'll be ok tonight, we have our top line back now, I expect a HUGE game from Demetria and Conroy. The only question is our D-men. Come on guys, Kill those DUCKS!!! 8-1 Kings !

Old
01-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
which reminds me... how inappropriate is it for the Staples Center jumbotron to show the clown with the hunting gear and the duck on a rope when it's 6-1 Ducks....

also, do they HAVE to show us the Sempra Energy Power Play stats after we've endured watching the Kings fritter away every opportunity to get back in the game that they've squandered by giving up power play goals?
Everyone around me was clapping and cheering, and as I sat there with a paper bag over my head, I thought, why are you clapping? We're losing handily.

Old
01-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Everyone around me was clapping and cheering, and as I sat there with a paper bag over my head, I thought, why are you clapping? We're losing handily.
Unfortunately I have come to the realization that most of the people who go to a Kings game at Staples haven't a clue as to the history of this team or the struggles it has experinced in the last 35+ seasons. If the Kings were losing 12-0 and they put a "Go Kings Go" graphic on the board these morons would cheer like their team had just won the Stanley Cup.

Old
01-30-2006, 03:03 PM
TubbyTerrion*

just once, come join me... when the organist plays the ***** Sucks music, say it with me... it rolls off the tongue...

THE POWER PLAY SUCKS!

Old
01-30-2006, 03:16 PM
SLang

Although the only game that TRULY is a must win is one where a loss will end your season, the reality now is as said before - if it's inter-division, it's must-win.

Old
01-30-2006, 04:41 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

Quote:

is it the same guy at every Kings/Ducks game? a similar looking guy with his outfit and cardboard poster was sitting in my section at the free preseason game

Old
01-30-2006, 05:07 PM
ZDogg

Anyone have input on who will be in net tonight??? I would imagine LaBarbera would be given a chance considering Garon's performance last game, although anything I have seen earlier today suggest they will go back to Garon. Thoughts??

Old
01-30-2006, 05:29 PM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Given that the Ducks now have a higher maxiumum in points than the Kings... and that the Kings' max is 9th place among maxiumums, it's a must win. Remember, that 7-point lead is with Anaheim having 4 games in hand... and four wins in those games turns it into a 1-point deficit. If the Kings win, they go back into 8th in maxiumum, and back into having things in their own hands... but a loss is REALLY hard to swallow.

Old
01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
KingsFan7824

Win or lose, just show up. Don't play stupid. Maybe even give a damn on the defensive side. Just a thought.

Although, it seems that every time Getzlaf and Perry are on the ice, they're in the Kings zone, in complete control.

It's not as if they can't do it. That first Cammalleri goal was because of crisp passing. Why do they stop passing on powerplays?

PK is nothing more than hard work, and the Kings don't even do that. Tune out the coach all you want, you're still being paid to play hockey. Not forget how to play because you may or may not listen to the coach.

I figured the Buffalo game would wake the team up. But if they don't at least try after that last Ducks game, against the same team that just beat you in every way, just tell the league the Kings won't be playing any more games this year.

Old
01-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Maybe with the Ducks getting the last change, the Kings will confound them this time
Ha. The Kings tried to surprise the Ducks on Saturday by playing Demitra and resting Gleason, and they had the last change... and they still lost by 4 goals. I don't think that this coaching staff can fool anybody anymore. Carlisle sure made that clear in the post-game interview

Old
01-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceoffsRLikeWins4Us
Why are the Ducks playing so well right now? I thought they traded the players that were gonna get them to the playoffs.
You mean it's not the quality of players; it's the quality of coaching?

Closed Thread