HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Zednik in Bonk out!!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Subban Fan

vCash: 500
Zednik in Bonk out!!!

According to CKAC...They also said that Ribs was practising with Kovy and Koivu!!!

Old
01-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Wow great news!!! A hero for another!!

Old
01-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Form and Substance

As disappointing as Bonk has been this season, I have come to the conclusion that Zednik ruins everything that involves team chemsitry and mementum building when he is inserted into the lineup.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:48 PM
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
As disappointing as Bonk has been this season, I have come to the conclusion that Zednik ruins everything that involves team chemsitry and mementum building when he is inserted into the lineup.
That's why we shall hope this is purely and only showcasing as far as Zed is concerned.

I would do a disappointement for disappointement trade. Zednik for Legwand. If Legwand could stay out of those injuries, I just love his size and his foot speed.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix
That's why we shall hope this is purely and only showcasing as far as Zed is concerned.

I would do a disappointement for disappointement trade. Zednik for Legwand. If Legwand could stay out of those injuries, I just love his size and his foot speed.
You have no idea how happy I would be if that happened. We'd have to get rid of Bonk and Ribeiro after that though.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
According to CKAC...They also said that Ribs was practising with Kovy and Koivu!!!
That's great news (bonk out). Also it's good for Ribs, I think he played a good game on the wing last game. I also like the fact that Gainey has been rewarding players that give it there 100% (Pleks, Higgins) instead of letting the more experienced/higher waged players in. I think he's FINALLY realising how bad an acquisition Bonk was...hopefully he buys out his contract and allows Pleks to play the remainder of the season. Also...Does this mean Bulis is returning to center?

Lines (?);

Ribs - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Pleks - Ryder
Zednik - Bulis - Sundstrom
Ivanans - Begin - Downie

Edit: Is there any news on weither Cote will be in? I think he played a great game against the leafs (Far better than Streit coulda done).

Old
01-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Habsaku

I loved the fourth line last game, Ivanans and Downey provide what I want from my bottom line wingers.

Old
01-30-2006, 02:56 PM
psychonaut

Ribs and Kovolev on the same line? Not sure about that, but I hope its works. But we realy need to find at less are first line, get them used of playing togeter. If we are going to make the playoff they will need some chemistry.

Old
01-30-2006, 03:05 PM
HabsoluteFate

Funny on Saturday night at the start of the game I was thinking what if they put Ribeiro on a line with Kovalev & Koivu...I think it was attempted for a short amount of time a bit later in the game (either that or someone was stretching their appearance)

Too bad Montreal plays not only Carolina tomorrow night but Doug Weight's first game for a new team which should make him more lethal

Old
01-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate
Funny on Saturday night at the start of the game I was thinking what if they put Ribeiro on a line with Kovalev & Koivu...I think it was attempted for a short amount of time a bit later in the game (either that or someone was stretching their appearance)
Ya I remember that, I think it was when there was 5 or so minutes left. Ribs made a few good passes. I was sorta hoping they'd try Bulis with Pleks next game, but now that Bonk is out, I'm guessing that Bulis is centering the 3rd.

Old
01-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Kafka

What a lineup...... can't wait to see Perezhogin back with the big club! I am sure he will kick some *** if back on the first line!

Old
01-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
That's great news (bonk out). Also it's good for Ribs, I think he played a good game on the wing last game. I also like the fact that Gainey has been rewarding players that give it there 100% (Pleks, Higgins) instead of letting the more experienced/higher waged players in. I think he's FINALLY realising how bad an acquisition Bonk was...hopefully he buys out his contract and allows Pleks to play the remainder of the season. Also...Does this mean Bulis is returning to center?

Lines (?);

Ribs - Koivu - Kovalev
Higgins - Pleks - Ryder
Zednik - Bulis - Sundstrom
Ivanans - Begin - Downie

Edit: Is there any news on weither Cote will be in? I think he played a great game against the leafs (Far better than Streit coulda done).

You're right...CKAC also said that Zednik was practising with Bulis and Sundstrom!

Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

How many chances?

I just don't understand how many lives guys like Dagenias, Bonk, Zednik and Ribero must get before reality hits our coaching staff?

All the players have three things in common

#1. Lack of intensity!
#2. Lousy coverage in the neutral and defensive zones!
#3. Can't win a one on one battle to save their lives!!

Yet, here we are again, more than 40+ games into the season trying to get these non-motivatated floaters (THANK GOD Dags is outta here!) to match up with guys who are giving it their all. My list includes Bulis, Koivu, Higgins, Plekanec, Begin.

All they do is kill momentum, ruin line chemistry and raise everyone's blood pressure and that MUST include their own teammates!

Gainey saw Jullien try all kinds of line combinations and the only consistency was INCONSISTENCY... what do you expect if you linemates keep changing every 3 games!

For the 100th time, play the kids, hey they can't be any worse defensively than this lot.., and they do not give up along the boards. Perezhogin was pretty darn good at coming out of the corner with the puck.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Bob, trade these bums for whatever you can at the trade deadline, even if it's for picks... you're really doing the team a favor in the long run!

Zed and Ribero are not high priced...they should fetch you something decent.

I had wanted BABCHUCK out of Chicago for soooo long, he goes to Carolina and looks pretty darn impressive! Hab Fans, watch him on Tuesday night and tell me if Ribero, Zednik, Bonk, Dandy, or ANY COMBINATION of the two would not be worth BABCHUCK and a pick!

Ribero to Washington for a 2nd round pick? I would even settle for a 3rd!

Zednik for any decent 4th dman!

Bonk will be soo much tougher to move!

Old
Next Best Thing*

This was to be expected, Gainey said he wanted to send Zed a message..

Old
01-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan
I just don't understand how many lives guys like Dagenias, Bonk, Zednik and Ribero must get before reality hits our coaching staff?

All the players have three things in common

#1. Lack of intensity!
#2. Lousy coverage in the neutral and defensive zones!
#3. Can't win a one on one battle to save their lives!!

Yet, here we are again, more than 40+ games into the season trying to get these non-motivatated floaters (THANK GOD Dags is outta here!) to match up with guys who are giving it their all. My list includes Bulis, Koivu, Higgins, Plekanec, Begin.

All they do is kill momentum, ruin line chemistry and raise everyone's blood pressure and that MUST include their own teammates!

Gainey saw Jullien try all kinds of line combinations and the only consistency was INCONSISTENCY... what do you expect if you linemates keep changing every 3 games!

For the 100th time, play the kids, hey they can't be any worse defensively than this lot.., and they do not give up along the boards. Perezhogin was pretty darn good at coming out of the corner with the puck.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Bob, trade these bums for whatever you can at the trade deadline, even if it's for picks... you're really doing the team a favor in the long run!

Zed and Ribero are not high priced...they should fetch you something decent.

I had wanted BABCHUCK out of Chicago for soooo long, he goes to Carolina and looks pretty darn impressive! Hab Fans, watch him on Tuesday night and tell me if Ribero, Zednik, Bonk, Dandy, or ANY COMBINATION of the two would not be worth BABCHUCK and a pick!

Ribero to Washington for a 2nd round pick? I would even settle for a 3rd!

Zednik for any decent 4th dman!

Bonk will be soo much tougher to move!
Instead of complaining, how about we wait and see the impact of the line-changes tomorow. I think all of the lines look great, it's just a matter of seing them on the ice. Also, let's see if having Ivanans and Downie in the line-up really changes the team spirit next game. I think next game is gonna answer a ton of questions (at least for me). Are Kovalev, Ribeiro and Theodore really back? Is Bonk THAT big of a problem (I think I already know the answer)? Will Zednik be motivated, or is he a must-move? For the first time since december, I'm actually looking forward to this game.

Old
01-30-2006, 03:40 PM

Good

Scratch these no heart floaters one after the other until theyr understand and start playing with passion or are traded.

Old
01-30-2006, 03:44 PM
TheDamned
"Only in Montréal"

Not surprised that Zednik is back.. but Ribeiro on first line ?

Old
01-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Vinceee
Go Foreurs Go!

Send a message via MSN to Vinceee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka
What a lineup...... can't wait to see Perezhogin back with the big club! I am sure he will kick some *** if back on the first line!
Perezhogin is doing nothing in hamilton...

another brat...

Old
01-30-2006, 03:51 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie
Instead of complaining, how about we wait and see the impact of the line-changes tomorow. I think all of the lines look great, it's just a matter of seing them on the ice. Also, let's see if having Ivanans and Downie in the line-up really changes the team spirit next game. I think next game is gonna answer a ton of questions (at least for me). Are Kovalev, Ribeiro and Theodore really back? Is Bonk THAT big of a problem (I think I already know the answer)? Will Zednik be motivated, or is he a must-move? For the first time since december, I'm actually looking forward to this game.
Complaning????

I am stating the OBVIOUS!

How long do you want to wait...games 82 when we're in 10th place!

How is one game gonna answer all these questions?

Koviu and Ribero on the same line.... Koviu's gonna go nuts without any puck support!

Old
01-30-2006, 03:53 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
Hopefully Ribs is being showcased.

Old
01-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan
Complaning????

I am stating the OBVIOUS!

How long do you want to wait...games 82 when we're in 10th place!

How is one game gonna answer all these questions?

Koviu and Ribero on the same line.... Koviu's gonna go nuts without any puck support!
I'd wait as long as it takes to be a contender (which we aren't).

Old
01-30-2006, 03:56 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBombay
Perezhogin is doing nothing in hamilton...

another brat...

Old
01-30-2006, 03:59 PM
Portishead

Higgins & Plekanec

I don't mind seing Ribeiro with Koivu & Kovalev. He won't have a choice but to bring intensity (if the other two bring it, of course). It is purely showcasing. He just need to pass to puck like he can.

Higgins & Plekanec (IMO) should always play together. They have great chemistry. Both skates fast and forechecks hard. Ryder will need to finish.

I just love seing Bulis back at center. That is where he should always play if somehow Bonk could leave.
I know Zednik's playing poor hockey, but he's the type that could go on a hot streak anytime. Bonk not.

And, leave the fourth line like that.. Raitis Steve & Aaron should developp a nice chemistry as long as they skate very hard, plays aggressively as they can, keep away from the box and make short shift. They need to punish the opposing teams D.

If only Markov could be back !

Old
01-30-2006, 04:16 PM
Tucker316*

Send a message via MSN to Tucker316*
Damn straight Im glad Zed is back. Alot of you people make me laugh. Zed was the man to so many of you not so long ago. Now a guy like Bulis scores 5 goals in one week and he's a keeper, but Zed, who is struggling isnt. Even though Zeddy has contributed far more to this team and helping them win then Bulis ever has.
You guys are thinking short term and not long term. Zed still can score alot, and start producing. The guy can skate hard and play aggressive hockey. Hell I have seen him drop the gloves for this team. I wont ever forget the big two or three goals he scored on The B's in the last series to put us by them. The fact he killed off our hated rivals makes me a fan of his for life.

Old
01-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Artyukhin*

ship bonk to the coyotes i think he could get it back on track there with barnett

make the deal centered around

Bonk /?

Denis Gauthier

Closed Thread