HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

How are the Kings leading the nhl in goals scored?

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 09:33 PM
GiggyIsTheNextRoy

vCash: 500
How are the Kings leading the nhl in goals scored?

Other than Ziggy Palffy and Joseph Stumpel they got NOBODY of any offensive talent!!! And Palffy is the only one who could crap the top 9 of the Ducks. Talk about LUCK!!! The Ducks have had so many more scoring chances than the Kings and haven't been able to get any breaks so far. It's so frustrating.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:34 PM
Hockey Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiggyIsTheNextRoy
Other than Ziggy Palffy and Joseph Stumpel they got NOBODY of any offensive talent!!! And Palffy is the only one who could crap the top 9 of the Ducks. Talk about LUCK!!! The Ducks have had so many more scoring chances than the Kings and haven't been able to get any breaks so far. It's so frustrating.
hmm

luck? that word has nothing to do with the Ducks!
break? Nope...can't say the Ducks have ever gotten any breaks eiather!

The Kings lead because they are playing as a team...just imagine if Allison/Deader were playing!

GO KINGS!

Old
10-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
Maybe the Kings are just a better team?

You know the saying right....you have to be good to be lucky...and the Kings are getting bounces oddly enough.

Old
10-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Vatican Roulette
Detroit Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Moose
hmm

break? Nope...can't say the Ducks have ever gotten any breaks eiather!
They used all their breaks in last years playoffs...

Old
10-21-2003, 11:09 PM
lux_interior

Quote:
Dude I'm a Ducks fan, and this post makes me go...

Old
10-21-2003, 11:10 PM
agentfouser

vCash:
Quote:
yeah, but the kings are 'all out, all the time.'

no, seriously, luc robitaille, the highest scoring left winger in the history of hockey, has no offensive talent.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:07 AM
Frolov 6'3
Unregistered User

Quote:
Dude please, don't make yourself look ridiculous by claiming they got no offensive talent. Yes they aren't one of the offensive powerhouses in the league but so wasn't Minnesota either last season. Besides with Robitaille, Stumpel, Palffy, Frolov, Belanger etc. they are capable for enough offense.

Old
10-22-2003, 02:12 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Dude the Ducks have 1 win and an overtime loss
now is probably not the time to be talking smack
you're opening yourself up to be hurt very badly

Old
10-22-2003, 03:52 AM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:
What a stupid post......you must like being told by people cuz this is the 3rd pointless thread I've seen you post.....The back 2 lines of they Kings are underrated. It's funny how even without 2 of their top 3 they still manage to score so much.......I don't know but this sounds like talent to me.......I think you got it backwards, Fedorov is the only one that would crack the Kings top 9. It's funny how I've seen the Kings on top of 1 powerpoll and the "god-like Ducks" who are gonna win the cup this year dead-last in 2 powerpolls already.....think before you post another thread like this.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:10 AM
kingbrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOSE55
.......I think you got it backwards, Fedorov is the only one that would crack the Kings top 9.
yes...this makes more sense then what that idiot was talking about GiggysthenextRoy should hide for the rest of the season after saying something so damn retarded.....I guess we cant be to hard on him though...the moron is a Ducks fan!

Old
10-22-2003, 05:13 AM
MOOSE55

Send a message via ICQ to MOOSE55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
yes...this makes more sense then what that idiot was talking about GiggysthenextRoy should hide for the rest of the season after saying something so damn retarded.....I guess we cant be to hard on him though...the moron is a Ducks fan!
Yes.....with the threads he creates it will be easy to track him......Notice my post was edited.......I didn't want to get banned.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:40 AM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
They do have some talent but Stumpel doesn't exactly have the goal scoring ability. Frolov, Brown, Robitaille, and some others have the goal scoring talent. And then Trent Klatt!!! But, man, not smart to try and throw insults when you have no room whatsoever yourself.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:48 AM
Face Wash

Kings got 3 goals from defensemen last night....

Kings always get offense from their defense....

when you think offense with the Kings you can't focus on just their forwards... The Last 3 or 4 years only 1 or 2 teams have gotten more points from their defensemen.

And stop being a frustrated little duck fan... Your team finally won one... I'm sure there's 45 more wins to go.

Old
10-22-2003, 05:50 AM
incawg

I have a feeling that this guy isn't even a ducks fan but rather is just trying to get the ducks trolled/insulted by posing as one ("GiggyIsTheNextRoy" makes it kinda obvious).

...either that or he's really dumb.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:17 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brath
yes...this makes more sense then what that idiot was talking about GiggysthenextRoy should hide for the rest of the season after saying something so damn retarded
He's done this more than once

Old
10-22-2003, 06:19 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
Lucky Luc has some offensive talent. I bet he gets 20 goals minimum this year.

Old
10-22-2003, 06:32 AM
incawg

Summary of this thread:

Old
10-22-2003, 07:14 AM
KingsFan78

vCash:
""Kings always get offense from their defense""

This definately has a lot to do with it. It might be the main reason why they've been able to compete for the last few years when they've had either a lack of talent up front, inconsistent talent, or injuried talent.

Even after the Kings were left for dead after trading Blake, they still scored from the blueline. Then Boucher left. Then Schneider left. And so far, the defense is averaging 1 goal and 2 assists per game. Whether or not that continues for the rest of the season, we'll have to wait and see. When Norstrom and Miller come back, that might go down some. But then they'll be better defensively for it. It'll depend on who sticks around when those two get back to playing. If Strbak can produce some offense for more than one game, that would be nice. Gleason has enough to learn defensively at the age of 20, that any offense from him is a bonus. Holland is what he is. But overall, so far he's been solid for what he is.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:49 AM
IGM

What I don't understand is why ANYONE actually tries to give an intelligent response to this idiot. He is only capable of this garbage and NEVER once has he written ANYTHING that is even close to having anything to do with fact.

Why waste your time? The guy is either a 9 year old kid playing on the computer while his parents aren't there or he is some loser that gets his kicks out of posting outrages garbage and then sitting back tee heeing while the rest of us respond. Either way he is of no value to this site and I tend to just ingnore him.

The only thing that would really tick me off would be if I was a Duck fan. I mean, you guys have allot of work to do to gain everyone's respect as it is without having this guy as a point of reference to how duck fans act. Last years playoffs were great in helping get you guys some of the deserved respect but you have to admit that there weren't hardly ANY duck fans around here before last years cup run. (there were a few and you know who you are but there sure are allot more now.)

Maybe you guys could band together and get this loser ousted. Other than that, congrats on last nights win, I think it was Feds first game where he looked like the player that can dominate a game. I hope that he can keep it going for you.

Old
10-22-2003, 07:51 AM
IGM

Sorry for the typos, I can't get the edit screen to load and am an awful typist. I know they are there. "Outrages"? Horrible.
(yes, I know how to spell it for the spelling Nazi's)

Old
10-22-2003, 08:33 AM
zeppelin97

Quote:
It could be because the Kings got rid of craig johnson.....No wait, isn't he a duck? Am i seeing a relationship here...

Old
10-22-2003, 08:48 AM
Colorado_Starsfan

The play of the ducks so far this year puts a smile on my face :p

Old
10-22-2003, 08:59 AM
190Octane

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGM
What I don't understand is why ANYONE actually tries to give an intelligent response to this idiot. He is only capable of this garbage and NEVER once has he written ANYTHING that is even close to having anything to do with fact.

Why waste your time? The guy is either a 9 year old kid playing on the computer while his parents aren't there or he is some loser that gets his kicks out of posting outrages garbage and then sitting back tee heeing while the rest of us respond. Either way he is of no value to this site and I tend to just ingnore him.
I've often felt the same way about you and your anti-Duck diatribes, but unlike you I remain quiet most of the time and let your message speak for itself.

What I'm saying is basically, don't cast any stones.

Old
10-22-2003, 09:19 AM
IGM

I see, because I post hoceky related threads that you dissagree with I am the same as this duck fan who not once has written anything of value. I mean, full points for sticking up for one of your own but you are just waaaaaaaaay off on the reality scale. Of course, you are a duck fan so I shouldn't expect anything more. There, does that make you happy? I gave you something to compare us with and all is right with your world. The difference is that you know that I am joking and that he is always being serious. So to compare the two of us is, well, ignorant. Typical though.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:07 AM
lux_interior

Actually I agree with Vish that IGM's posts are designed to inflame Ducks fans. But you go on with your bad self.

Closed Thread