Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Jersey discussions - Part I

Old
01-09-2017, 09:35 PM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 50
Catch-all thread for jersey discussions: current, 3rds, Heritage, and ideas for new Jerseys.

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 01-11-2017 at 02:35 AM.
YWGinYYZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 08:22 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

vCash: 500
Winnipeg Jets Jersey discussions - Part I

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiimuSeLaine View Post
THANK YOU!!!

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 08:23 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Added both.

The red numbers are even better, thanks again!

Old
01-10-2017, 08:45 PM
alchemyindex
vereor nox

vCash: 138
Quote:
Yep... I'll take an Ehlers blue and a Petan white, please.

alchemyindex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 10:55 PM
WinnipegWinter*

We really need a jersey thread

WinnipegWinter* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2017, 11:31 PM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegWinter View Post
We really need somebody to start manufacturing these.

I can just see Chipman wondering why the crowds jerseys all look better than the ones the team is wearing. Great work!

Mortimer Snerd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 12:27 AM
Ducky10
Playoff Enthusiast

Quote:
Added both.

These are really great, I can't decide if I like the white or the red numbering better, the white seems to go more. The single red circle around the logo of the blue jersey throws me off though, the white jersey has the benefit of the thicker blue circle and then the red to add some depth. It gets washed out in the blue one making the red circle look kind of thin.

Great job though.

Ducky10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 12:35 AM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky10 View Post
These are really great, I can't decide if I like the white or the red numbering better, the white seems to go more. The single red circle around the logo of the blue jersey throws me off though, the white jersey has the benefit of the thicker blue circle and then the red to add some depth. It gets washed out in the blue one making the red circle look kind of thin.

Great job though.
Definitely red for me. I see your point about the red/grey circle but i think it is one colour too many. You can't have too much colour but you can have too many colours. I wonder what a very thin white line around the red circle would look like - just to set it off.

Old
01-11-2017, 12:40 AM
Ducky10
Playoff Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
Definitely red for me. I see your point about the red/grey circle but i think it is one colour too many. You can't have too much colour but you can have too many colours. I wonder what a very thin white line around the red circle would look like - just to set it off.
Agree, too many colours starts to look clownish. That little white piping around the red circle might work, similar to how it is with the red numbers.

Old
01-11-2017, 12:51 AM
Mortimer Snerd
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducky10 View Post
Agree, too many colours starts to look clownish. That little white piping around the red circle might work, similar to how it is with the red numbers.
Yah, that's what I was thinking of. Would give it that depth you missed.

Love these uniforms. I have never disliked the current ones but these are far more exciting.

Old
01-11-2017, 02:36 AM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegWinter View Post
Done - I moved some of the discussion from out of the PGT into this new thread.

Old
01-11-2017, 03:23 AM
Nicos

vCash: 900
My favourite would be the heritage jerseys to be the primary. Or even the heritage jerseys with the new era logo.

Nicos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 08:45 AM
DowntownBooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer Snerd View Post
I think the current grey around the logo might work fine if they carry forward the 'wings' patches to the heritage style jerseys since they also have grey in them. I also agree the red numbers with a white border would look better as there is already a lot of white on the blue jerseys since it has white shoulders. The red numbers would also look better with the red pants like the uniforms originally had in the WHA.

DowntownBooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 09:11 AM
buggs
nanoo nanoo

vCash: 162
Those are really nice and very well done.

I recall from our earlier discussions about modding the jersey (I think in the Heritage Classic thread) that the roundel cannot/is unlikely to be modded in terms of coloration because of the association with the Canadian Air Force. I'm certainly not the expert on this, I just recall someone bringing it up and I'm sure that TNSE is going to be unlikely to take away from that association. So I don't know if the red/gray outer border would be allowed on a new uniform in that particular location.

The Wiki page for the roundels can be found here and shows no outer border. In the illustrations from Tiimu they certainly make it pop, I just don't know if it would fly.

buggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Daximus
Aces Charles

I prefer the current Heritage Jerseys with the old logo. I also saw a mock jersey that combined the old and new logo and also had a bit of the Winnipeg skyline in it that I would pay to have TNSE use as the Jets primary logo. I'll try and find it when I get to my laptop.

Daximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 09:41 AM
sashalaine

I've never been a fan of the new logo, but in those pics by Tiimu it looks really good! Weird how the stripes and colors etc around it make such a big difference.

sashalaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 09:44 AM
Yukon Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs View Post
Those are really nice and very well done.

I recall from our earlier discussions about modding the jersey (I think in the Heritage Classic thread) that the roundel cannot/is unlikely to be modded in terms of coloration because of the association with the Canadian Air Force. I'm certainly not the expert on this, I just recall someone bringing it up and I'm sure that TNSE is going to be unlikely to take away from that association. So I don't know if the red/gray outer border would be allowed on a new uniform in that particular location.

The Wiki page for the roundels can be found here and shows no outer border. In the illustrations from Tiimu they certainly make it pop, I just don't know if it would fly.
I was the one who brought it up, contrasting the British RAF Roundel (blue ring, red circle in middle), which is the basis for the RCAF roundel, with the French Air Force roundel, which is a red ring with a blue circle in the middle.

I don't know about "can't" - the Jets and the Canadian Forces have an agreement about what the Jets can and can't do with the logo, but I don't know the particulars. But what I did say is it is unlikely to go, as it messes with the symbolism the Jets are trying to go with.

There's plenty (too much maybe?) or red going on in the uniforms you guys are suggesting - you can get by without a red ring around the logo.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 09:47 AM
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor

I hate to be a downer, as it's nice work, but as buggs mentioned - the design of that roundel is based on the RCAF roundel, and it's very unlikely that they'd approve a red outer ring.

Here's the RCAF roundel:

Here's the Jets logo:

The roundel with a red outline is similar to the old US roundel used around or before WWII. It's not just a flavour thing - it was intentionally designed with a link to the RCAF roundel, so any designs would probably have to keep that as an element.

Old
01-11-2017, 09:56 AM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
I hate to be a downer, as it's nice work, but as buggs mentioned - the design of that roundel is based on the RCAF roundel, and it's very unlikely that they'd approve a red outer ring.

Here's the RCAF roundel:

Here's the Jets logo:

The roundel with a red outline is similar to the old US roundel used around or before WWII. It's not just a flavour thing - it was intentionally designed with a link to the RCAF roundel, so any designs would probably have to keep that as an element.
But they've already made drastic alterations to the roundel - the blue circle is thinner and has the True North notch. The maple leaf is very different and mostly covered by a plane (and if we're talking about not messing with symbolism, this would have to be at the top of the Canadian-symbols-not-to-mess-with List). There's already a thin grey outer circle that's not present in the RCAF roundel. So all that stuff is completely fine but if you make that thin outer circle red that's over the line? That makes no sense...

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 09:58 AM
civic204

Anyone else dislike the way the Heritage Jersey is cut? I don't know much about reebok's jersey templates, but the HC jersey is different from the Jets home and away.

I am really nitpicking here. The jersey is a beaut. It just feels like there is too much material in the arms and chest.

civic204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 10:00 AM
Ducky10
Playoff Enthusiast

Quote:

Here's the RCAF roundel:

Here's the Jets logo:

Personally I wasn't talking about replacing the blue ring with a red one, it's the secondary ring I was referring to. Because the blue ring on the dark jersey is the exact same shade as the jersey itself, it ends up just looking like it has a thin red circle on the outside of the logo. It needs something else to give it some depth, like Mort said maybe a little white outline. Perhaps it's just the picture though, it seems like the ring is part of the jersey when in fact it's part of the cresting on the current jersey. That in itself gives it a different appearance.

Old
01-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Yukon Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
But they've already made drastic alterations to the roundel - the blue circle is thinner and has the True North notch. The maple leaf is very different and mostly covered by a plane (and if we're talking about not messing with symbolism, this would have to be at the top of the Canadian-symbols-not-to-mess-with List). There's already a thin grey outer circle that's not present in the RCAF roundel. So all that stuff is completely fine but if you make that thin outer circle red that's over the line? That makes no sense...
Actually I'm pretty sure they HAD to mess with the maple leaf in the middle - a certain Toronto-based team is very protective of their ownership of that particular symbol in hockey.

Plus, they had to make some alterations to the roundel in order to make it their own - it the Jets just used the RCAF roundel unaltered they'd have to pay royalties to DND for every piece of apparel they sell.

So they had to make some alterations to the roundel before the Jets could use it, but what I don't think they want to do is make so many changes that it dramatically takes away from the original image.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Turbofan
Just shoot it Toby!!

I dunno. There's a bit too much going on and it looks very 'Team USA!!!' to me.

Just IMHO though. Subjective.

Turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Catch-all thread for jersey discussions: current, 3rds, Heritage, and ideas for new Jerseys.
Great idea to have a jersey thread!

Old
01-11-2017, 10:25 AM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbofan View Post
I dunno. There's a bit too much going on and it looks very 'Team USA!!!' to me.

Just IMHO though. Subjective.
This team has a lot of Americans on it - almost as many as Canadians. Our prospect pipeline is full of them too...so let's me them feel welcome with a Red, White and Blue color scheme!

Gm0ney is online now   Reply With Quote