Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets Jersey discussions - Part I

Old
01-13-2017, 01:08 AM
Gm0ney
Unicorns salient

vCash: 500
Adidas isn't going to put the three stripes on all the jerseys - that was just a World Cup thing, apparently...

Gm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2017, 04:50 PM
jetsforever

Looking at the main board thread, lots of posters there have the Jets' jersey as one of their least favourite. Personally, I always thought our jersey was pretty nice: not the best, but far from the worst. Do others here think it's not very good?

jetsforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2017, 04:55 PM
Yukon Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsforever View Post
Looking at the main board thread, lots of posters there have the Jets' jersey as one of their least favourite. Personally, I always thought our jersey was pretty nice: not the best, but far from the worst. Do others here think it's not very good?
I think the people saying that want us to return to a retro-style jersey (much like is discussed in this thread).

Personally I love our current logo, but think the overall jersey is a bit "meh". Dark blue is used by a heck of a lot of teams. Personally I would up the amount of light blue in order to make them more distinctive, but that didn't get a lot of support when I've mentioned it before.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Evil Little

vCash: 1837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
Dark blue is used by a heck of a lot of teams. Personally I would up the amount of light blue in order to make them more distinctive, but that didn't get a lot of support when I've mentioned it before.
Maybe have a stripe down one arm but not the other?

Evil Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Mighty Joe Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiimuSeLaine View Post
With current logo? I don't think that's gonna look very nice, because the colors, especially they blue is too bright for the dark jersey...but see it for yourselfs. Added few variants for the mirrored color scheme for the logo.

Right click image -> show image -to see it larger
Don't know how I missed this two weeks ago, but I meant this logo with a white jersey. I agree these don't look that hot.

Mighty Joe Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2017, 09:51 PM
Mighty Joe Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownBooster View Post
No disrespect to you Mighty Joe Moon, but I always thought of the Jets 80s jerseys as a disaster. We had such nice uniforms in the WHA and I was totally disappointed when John Ferguson changed them (upon entry into the NHL) to a carbon copy of the ones used by the New York Rangers for 2 seasons (1976-77 & 1977-78) when he was their GM. The white logo on the blue jersey just didnít look right after being used to seeing the blue logo on both the home and away jersey in the WHA. When the Jets changed the uniforms in 1990 I was glad the logo was the same on both the home and away jerseys and when TNSE brought back the Jets in 2011 I was also pleased to see the logo was the same on both the home and away jerseys. Nevertheless, it would be interesting to see TiimuSeLaine provide a version as you requested since he's done such a great job with the others.
That was the John Ferguson special. That jersey type came with him where he went. My point was that the logo changed colors on the 80s set. I will agree the best jersey the Jets ever wore was the very last WHA set (the blue had the white shoulders) but if you look closely, it's pretty close to the USA's Miracle On Ice jersey set. I did prefer the Ferguson look to the 90s one. My ultimate preference would be the heritage classic with the current logo.

Mighty Joe Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 05:19 AM
eepruls

My biggest complaint about the current home jersey/pants is that it's all dark blue and nothing stands out especially on TV. It could've benefited from something as simple as white shoulders or stripe down the pants. On the away jersey it isn't as bad because the silver and light blue stand out more on white. When they redo them next year, I hope that another colour is more obvious on the home jersey/pants so that the blue stands out more (e.g. different coloured pants, white stripe, etc.). One question I have is why everyone seems content with such a dark blue? I always wished we had a lighter blue that stood out more and didn't look like black on TV.

eepruls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 11:36 AM
DowntownBooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eepruls View Post
My biggest complaint about the current home jersey/pants is that it's all dark blue and nothing stands out especially on TV. It could've benefited from something as simple as white shoulders or stripe down the pants. On the away jersey it isn't as bad because the silver and light blue stand out more on white. When they redo them next year, I hope that another colour is more obvious on the home jersey/pants so that the blue stands out more (e.g. different coloured pants, white stripe, etc.). One question I have is why everyone seems content with such a dark blue? I always wished we had a lighter blue that stood out more and didn't look like black on TV.
When the heritage jerseys were unveiled it was noted by TNSE that the blue used matched that of the current uniforms. I would prefer the blue used by the WHA Jets but I would be okay with the blue used on the heritage jerseys if they would go with them on a full time basis starting next year. Those uniforms look so much better than our current ones. Even if they chose to use the current logo instead of the retro logo, that would be fine as long as they changed the rest of the uniform to the heritage classic style. It also shouldn't matter that team USA had similar jerseys since they never wore red pants like the Jets did and it was our general look going back to 1972.

DowntownBooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 11:53 PM
flyingkiwi
Let's gone Jets

vCash: 50
I've decided to get myself a second jersey and I was wondering if you guys actually in Winnipeg could help me with some info.

Are there any local stores that are running discounts on the blank men's premier HC jersey?
I want the premier with actual stitching, are they typically a different price to the heat-pressed?
Where are the best places to get customization and what are typical prices? Any deals?

flyingkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 02:14 AM
Evil Little

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkiwi View Post
I've decided to get myself a second jersey and I was wondering if you guys actually in Winnipeg could help me with some info.

Are there any local stores that are running discounts on the blank men's premier HC jersey?
I want the premier with actual stitching, are they typically a different price to the heat-pressed?
Where are the best places to get customization and what are typical prices? Any deals?
-Not that I've seen. All major discounts I've seen--for example Sport Chek's 50% off--have stated that Heritage and Centennial Classic jerseys weren't included.

-Yeah, but not much. Maybe $10-15? It's called the 'pro-stitch' version.

-The Jets Gear stores do pro-stitch and season ticket holders (and I think wait list members) get a discount of 10% or so. Takes a little while for the pro-stitch, though. Like I said, I haven't seen any deep discounts on Heritage Classic jerseys. If you want a regular, I'd wait until the Adidas are out and get a Reebok for super cheap.

Old
02-16-2017, 01:37 PM
flyingkiwi
Let's gone Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Little View Post
-Not that I've seen. All major discounts I've seen--for example Sport Chek's 50% off--have stated that Heritage and Centennial Classic jerseys weren't included.

-Yeah, but not much. Maybe $10-15? It's called the 'pro-stitch' version.

-The Jets Gear stores do pro-stitch and season ticket holders (and I think wait list members) get a discount of 10% or so. Takes a little while for the pro-stitch, though. Like I said, I haven't seen any deep discounts on Heritage Classic jerseys. If you want a regular, I'd wait until the Adidas are out and get a Reebok for super cheap.
-That sucks. Although right now with the currency change they're still cheaper than a jersey for my favourite rugby team.
-Good to know
-I think the person helping me is an STH so that could help. And I was thinking about waiting, but the dollar is really good. Do you think the adidas release will bring the HC jerseys down? I've already got a home one so the regulars are a lower priority. When can we expect the adidas launch anyway?

Old
02-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Evil Little

Quote:
-I think the person helping me is an STH so that could help.
I bet they know one. I think they just need to show the card, but could be different with custom orders.

Quote:
Do you think the adidas release will bring the HC jerseys down?
I doubt it. Adidas will only be doing regular jerseys next year (maybe outdoor games, not sure--no thirds, though) so I'm guessing that there will still be a market for for the event jerseys and reluctance to discount quite yet.

I'm thinking that it's a crap shoot on whether there will ever be deep discounts on the Heritage Classic jerseys. I don't think it has anything to do with Adidas and everything to do with inventory versus sales expectations.

(Unless JetsGear has to unload them as part of a deal with Adidas that I'm unaware of).

I'm a total cheapskate and I bought a Heritage Classic jersey at STH price, if that helps.

Quote:
When can we expect the adidas launch anyway?
Offseason, I guess? If I was making a deep run in the playoffs I'd want the league to be very quiet about new jerseys so all my new bandwagon jumpers can deplete the old stock first.

Old
02-16-2017, 02:59 PM
flyingkiwi
Let's gone Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Little View Post
I doubt it. Adidas will only be doing regular jerseys next year (maybe outdoor games, not sure--no thirds, though) so I'm guessing that there will still be a market for for the event jerseys and reluctance to discount quite yet.

I'm thinking that it's a crap shoot on whether there will ever be deep discounts on the Heritage Classic jerseys. I don't think it has anything to do with Adidas and everything to do with inventory versus sales expectations.
Yeah this was my line of thinking too. I really want a HC jersey so there probably isn't too much point in waiting.

Hell, I might leave it blank and save the customisation money and wait for the deep discounts and grab a customised regular in June or whenever. I would like Armia so it's probably worth waiting to see if he gets taken in expansion.

Old
02-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Hockey News ranks our throwback jerseys #1.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 09:22 PM
DowntownBooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
Hockey News ranks our throwback jerseys #1.

That's what we've been saying all along - the Jets should go with those jerseys on a permanent basis. It's sort of like when the Bombers fans were pushing for a return to the royal blue. The fans know what they like so it only makes sense to give them what they want. The current uniforms are so dull and the retro ones so sharp looking that it doesn't make sense not to switch. I'm sure merchandise sales would be great as well. Let's hope it happens.

Old
02-16-2017, 09:32 PM
leer2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownBooster View Post
That's what we've been saying all along - the Jets should go with those jerseys on a permanent basis. It's sort of like when the Bombers fans were pushing for a return to the royal blue. The fans know what they like so it only makes sense to give them what they want. The current uniforms are so dull and the retro ones so sharp looking that it doesn't make sense not to switch. I'm sure merchandise sales would be great as well. Let's hope it happens.
Honestly everytime i see the regular Jets sweater next to the heritage classic. Our Regular sweater just looks so cheap. It really does look like a thrown together piece.

leer2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 09:39 PM
JetBlue420

I actually think lots of people are to stuck in the past. This isn't the Jets version 1.0

They are a relocated thrashers team. I think ppl should just let the 90s jets rest in Arizona

JetBlue420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2017, 10:00 PM
DowntownBooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlue420 View Post
I actually think lots of people are to stuck in the past. This isn't the Jets version 1.0

They are a relocated thrashers team. I think ppl should just let the 90s jets rest in Arizona
As much as some people want us to think of them as the relocated Thrashers most of us don't. We prefer to look at the history of hockey played in this city as that being the Winnipeg Jets regardless of there being a lapse between 1.0 and 2.0. They were/are all Jets. The Jets alumni now ties all of them together as one group as well. We had great uniforms in the WHA and should go back to that classic look just as the Bombers finally got their act together by going back to royal blue. It's what matters to Jets fans that's important and not the opinions of those that insist that we ignore the history of hockey played in Winnipeg. The Thrashers history belongs to Atlanta and the Coyotes history should be viewed as starting in 1996. Bobby Hull played in Winnipeg not Phoenix. Ilya Kovalchuk played in Atlanta not Winnipeg.

Old
02-16-2017, 11:09 PM
JetBlue420

They already named them the Jets. Going back to the old logo would be stupid.

JetBlue420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 07:01 AM
DowntownBooster

Quote:
Even if they kept the current logo but put it on the heritage classic jerseys, that would be fine by me.

Old
02-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
I agree.

That's why a lot of us want the new logo on the Heritage Classic Jerseys.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:27 PM
Peggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurilla View Post

I actually like the current jersey, however my only issue is that it sometimes looks too dark, almost black on tv. That could easily be fixed with contrasting shoulders, made a quick little mockup.
I like the design, but they need to change that light blue. Shouldn't be there

There shouldnt be grey around the logo too. I don't know what colour to use, but not grey

Peggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Peggy

I saw a really nice jersey on Google(can't find it anymore tho)

They used they 90s jersey, but with the updated logo
The blue was darker
They used white on the shoulders instead(like in the picture above)

Quote:
Not really. It's a pretty nice logo

Plus those heritage classic jerseys are easily top 10 nicest jerseys in the league

But if they can't come up with better ideas. Just slap the new logo on the classic heritage jerseys

Peggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 03:49 PM
DowntownBooster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy View Post

Plus those heritage classic jerseys are easily top 10 nicest jerseys in the league

But if they can't come up with better ideas. Just slap the new logo on the classic heritage jerseys
Most of us agree with you Peggy

Old
02-17-2017, 04:07 PM
TiimuSeLaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy View Post
I saw a really nice jersey on Google(can't find it anymore tho)

They used they 90s jersey, but with the updated logo
The blue was darker
They used white on the shoulders instead(like in the picture above)

EDIT: yes, this has been the consensus here. I really wish they would do something like this.

TiimuSeLaine is offline   Reply With Quote