HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Lalime is on re-entry waivers!

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2006, 06:31 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

vCash: 500
as a canuck fan, I'd have no problem if the team took a chance on him... hockey players have bad seasons, and they bounce back as well... Lalime has been decent - not superstar or elite starter, even though his numbers sometimes were - but he's a decent player that has had success not only in Ottawa, behind their defensive system under Martin, but also prior to that in Pittsburg behind an offensive system.

The fact he's played terrible in St. Louis this year is no surprise... I'd have no interest in Lalime if it cost assets to land him, but I'd rather take a chance on Lalime in Vancouver at the cost of a waiver fee, and at half his salary, than giving up assets to land another goalie like Joseph or Roloson at the deadline.

He's a UFA after this year, so it's low risk... he's on re-entry waivers, so cost is cheap... and there are no assets going the other way either... for what the canucks need, I don't see why they wouldn't be interested... Lalime is more than adequate in a backup role, and he's got the history and experience and isn't that old (actually in his prime as a goalie) that he couldn't push Auld for the starting role either.

I'd be pretty happy if we actually picked him up off waivers.

Old
01-31-2006, 06:39 PM
Rand

If he's still under contract for next season.... Sadly enough I wouldn't mind if Toronto picked him up.... a Tellqvist/Lalime pairing for next season would be very cheap and whilst hugely questionable at least have some upside.

Not much room for him right now though, Tellqvist has been great so dropping him would be foolish and Belfour whilst very poor is still probably preferable over Lalime for this season.

01-31-2006, 06:43 PM
Irish Blues

nuckfan - claim him on waivers, you get half of his $935,000 remaining salary (or so) and half the cap hit.

Rand - he's a UFA.

01-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Blueski

Lalime has seemingly gotten his act together in the AHL since being demoted. All he needed was a shot of confidence. Everyone knows that being a goalie is more mental than physical, he just needed to get that mental aspect back. I will be shocked if he makes it through re-entry waivers. There are enough teams with goalie issues that would welcome a relatively inexpensive backup to help pick up slack til the end of the season.

Old
01-31-2006, 07:45 PM
steinie77

Flyers should jump on this one. Grab Lalime and hold onto him for this price and then move a goalie at the deadline for the one piece to the puzzle they really need. Would Tampa Bay reunite Esche and Burke...Hmmmm Richards or St. Louis in Philly!?

Old
01-31-2006, 08:18 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
Rangers should claim Lalime and trade Weekes.
That is the FIRST thing that I thought when I heard the news. Weekes has been brutal since he lost the #1 position. They need a good backup to give the Rangers a better chance at winning the Atlantic, and just in case Lundqvist gets injured as well-- Weekes is so bad the Rangers might just plummet if that happens.

Old
01-31-2006, 09:35 PM
Rico__Persson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Sorry Egil, I wouldn't wish that on either of those franchises.

The Sens and Martin's system made him look far better than he ever was. This season has fully exposed him for the AHL quality goalie he's always been.
Lalime can and probably will be rock solid again. Goaltending is 85+% in your head.

Lalime saved Ottawas *** countless times in the postseason when they couldn't score a goal to save themselves. Unfortunately, when Ottawa finally set the tone and put some pucks in, Lalime would let them down.

If Lalime and the 19 position players could have got their **** together at the same time, there very well could have been a couple of SC banners hanging from the SBP.

Old
01-31-2006, 09:51 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstruck
Sorry Egil, I wouldn't wish that on either of those franchises.

The Sens and Martin's system made him look far better than he ever was. This season has fully exposed him for the AHL quality goalie he's always been.
What about the Pens? how about that 17 game winning streak, eh? he's bad for 1 season and everyone's ripping him apart like he doesn't belong in the NHL look at Thibault? he is a good goalie but he's in the same boat as Lalime. Lalime at half price is worth it because if he doesn't do good you can always send him to the farm team and i'm sure he will do good down there.

Old
01-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
nuckfan - claim him on waivers, you get half of his $935,000 remaining salary (or so) and half the cap hit.

Rand - he's a UFA.
I'd take that

Old
01-31-2006, 10:00 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Lalime, in the 3 AHL games I've seen him in this year, has looked like absolute crap. Michael Garnett looks like a better option at this point.

Old
01-31-2006, 10:01 PM
SENSible1*

I'm fully confident in Lalime's ability to prove me correct.

Old
01-31-2006, 10:02 PM
Poddubny

I'd like to see Buffalo pick him up because they aren't deep enough in net.

Old
01-31-2006, 10:04 PM
AnthroPagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO
as a canuck fan, I'd have no problem if the team took a chance on him... hockey players have bad seasons, and they bounce back as well... Lalime has been decent - not superstar or elite starter, even though his numbers sometimes were - but he's a decent player that has had success not only in Ottawa, behind their defensive system under Martin, but also prior to that in Pittsburg behind an offensive system.

The fact he's played terrible in St. Louis this year is no surprise... I'd have no interest in Lalime if it cost assets to land him, but I'd rather take a chance on Lalime in Vancouver at the cost of a waiver fee, and at half his salary, than giving up assets to land another goalie like Joseph or Roloson at the deadline.

He's a UFA after this year, so it's low risk... he's on re-entry waivers, so cost is cheap... and there are no assets going the other way either... for what the canucks need, I don't see why they wouldn't be interested... Lalime is more than adequate in a backup role, and he's got the history and experience and isn't that old (actually in his prime as a goalie) that he couldn't push Auld for the starting role either.

I'd be pretty happy if we actually picked him up off waivers.
I totally agree with this...especially with Jovo out we need to use the assets we do have on help for the defense...and possibly a depth forward .

Old
02-01-2006, 01:45 AM
stungun

montreal will pick him up........

Old
02-01-2006, 02:03 AM
Metallian*

hes not THAT bad guys

hes a decent backup with potential to be a starter at this point. put him on a team not named the Blues and i'm sure he'd do at the very worst OKAY

Old
02-01-2006, 02:20 AM
Amazing Oopah

Quote:
Originally Posted by stungun
montreal will pick him up........
and then they should waive Theodore

Old
02-01-2006, 06:13 AM
Hemsky4PM

Lalime picked the worst time to lay and egg, a game 7. It's too bad because the guy had a lot of money games in the playoffs for the Sens. Looking at the standings I think the order of likelyhood would be: Montreal (if they have a Theodore deal on the table that doesn't include tender coming back), Minnesota (only if they have a decent Roloson deal on the table), Edmonton, Los Angeles (they've had a bad patch), Vancouver and Calgary. I think the Rangers might if they are really down on Weekes.

Needless to say, I don't think he's clearing waivers. Vancouver will certainly claim him if nobody else does. He's a clear upgrade on Oullette (whom they could easily send down) and costs next to nothing. My prediction would be that Edmonton or Vancouver will take a flyer on him. It could well be worth it for Edmonton to do just to screw over the Canucks.

Old
02-01-2006, 02:59 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
cleared

Old
02-01-2006, 06:52 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy
cleared

Thats pretty sad if no one wants you even at half the price..lol

Old
02-01-2006, 07:06 PM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
cleared

So does that mean Lalime is now with the Blues or is he in some sort of crazy limbo?

Old
02-01-2006, 07:10 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruckus007
So does that mean Lalime is now with the Blues or is he in some sort of crazy limbo?
i think i've heard he'll be dressed as backup tonight

Old
02-01-2006, 07:13 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
the guy who has to be nauseous is Craig Anderson... he's worn 3 NHL jerseys this month, and probably still has another one left in him...

Old
02-01-2006, 07:26 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
i think i've heard he'll be dressed as backup tonight
Lalime is not in Detroit tonight, Anderson is the back-up. Lalime will join the team tomorrow.

Old
02-01-2006, 10:19 PM
SENSible1*

Quote:
cleared
Imagine my shock.

Closed Thread