HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Sports aka Nolan Arenado is a FA after '19, #FAWATCH Thread XXX

Old
01-15-2017, 08:51 PM
Flow

vCash: 500
Rodgers vs Brady coming up.

Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 10:21 PM
ASmileyFace
Perfect Ding Dong

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flow View Post
Rodgers vs Brady coming up.
The NFC championship might be the best game of the entire season. Ryan's Falcons vs the streaking Rodgers Packers is going to be a great game.

Brady and BB are going to destroy Pittsburgh.

ASmileyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 10:54 PM
Bonzai12

Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
I think Pittsburgh will give em a run.

At least Pittsburgh travels really well and can probably fill up some of Foxborough.

That GB-Atlanta game should be extraordinary though. Can't wait.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 10:57 PM
sethro109

Chiefs and Raiders one and done. As a Broncos fan this pleases me. Now if the Steelers can beat NE and the Packers win the super bowl then this years playoffs will just as I had hoped(Since the Broncos didn't make the show). Except I wanted the Texans to beat the Pats, but everyone knew that was an impossibility.

sethro109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 10:59 PM
sethro109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I think Pittsburgh will give em a run.

At least Pittsburgh travels really well and can probably fill up some of Foxborough.

That GB-Atlanta game should be extraordinary though. Can't wait.
I'm expecting a 64-65 Shoot out in the GB vs Falcons. Should be awesome.

Old
01-15-2017, 11:26 PM
Bonzai12

Broncos hire Jags OL coach as an "Assistant Offensive Line" coach

Now that we have two, I guess there's only 3 more to go?

Anyways though - Joseph (or Elway) is bringing in the masses to coach the hell out of this team.

Old
01-16-2017, 11:53 AM
chet1926

Well if you thought the NFL wasn't a QB driven league, then the final 4 teams have proven you wrong. You have Brady, Big Ben, Rodgers, Ryan representing the final 4 teams.

It's going to be a long time before the Broncos are able to compete again with Siemian or Lynch as our only options.

Siemian if everything goes well, can hope to be a less mobile version of Alex Smith, but once again the playoffs proved that game managers like Smith can't win on the big stage. If things don't improve he is basically Kyle Orton.

And who knows about Lynch, Elway keeps making it sound like he isn't ready to even try and be the starter. That pick is looking worse by the day if Siemian is a better options than giving Lynch any playing time.

If you want to win you have to have a play making QB. Plain and simple. The Broncos don't have this. I'm not sure what Elway can do about this, but I really hope that he realizes that Siemian isn't the answer moving forward.

Personally I'd take a shot at Deshaun Watson in the draft. And before you say we drafted a QB in rd 1 last year, let me say this...new coaches/new regime typically means new QB. Maybe Joseph would like to have his guy not the guys that Kubiak had.

Plus all Watson does is win and put up unreal numbers. He made the best defense in college football, Alabama, look poor in the championship game. He threw for 420+ yards and 3 TDs with 145 rating, and added another 45 yards on the ground with a rushing TD. No other QB did that against Alabama this year.

Maybe you draft a guy like Watson and have him Siemian and Lynch all compete for the starting position. The more competition the better. The last thing I want to see at the draft is reaching for a position like O-Line just because we need upgrades at O-Line.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 12:17 PM
ABasin
Viva rebuild #3 !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
Well if you thought the NFL wasn't a QB driven league, then the final 4 teams have proven you wrong. You have Brady, Big Ben, Rodgers, Ryan representing the final 4 teams.

It's going to be a long time before the Broncos are able to compete again with Siemian or Lynch as our only options.

Siemian if everything goes well, can hope to be a less mobile version of Alex Smith, but once again the playoffs proved that game managers like Smith can't win on the big stage. If things don't improve he is basically Kyle Orton.

And who knows about Lynch, Elway keeps making it sound like he isn't ready to even try and be the starter. That pick is looking worse by the day if Siemian is a better options than giving Lynch any playing time.

If you want to win you have to have a play making QB. Plain and simple. The Broncos don't have this. I'm not sure what Elway can do about this, but I really hope that he realizes that Siemian isn't the answer moving forward.

Personally I'd take a shot at Deshaun Watson in the draft. And before you say we drafted a QB in rd 1 last year, let me say this...new coaches/new regime typically means new QB. Maybe Joseph would like to have his guy not the guys that Kubiak had.

Plus all Watson does is win and put up unreal numbers. He made the best defense in college football, Alabama, look poor in the championship game. He threw for 420+ yards and 3 TDs with 145 rating, and added another 45 yards on the ground with a rushing TD. No other QB did that against Alabama this year.

Maybe you draft a guy like Watson and have him Siemian and Lynch all compete for the starting position. The more competition the better. The last thing I want to see at the draft is reaching for a position like O-Line just because we need upgrades at O-Line.
I'm not interested in Watson, particularly not in the first round or two. I agree with you that Siemian wasn't very good, and is a backup at best at the NFL level. If they think that Lynch needs some more time, bring in a veteran QB. If they're giving up on Lynch already, then that was a major bust of a draft pick. Given how little he's played, how would they even know?

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 12:42 PM
Bonzai12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
And before you say we drafted a QB in rd 1 last year, let me say this...new coaches/new regime typically means new QB. Maybe Joseph would like to have his guy not the guys that Kubiak had.
I like your thinking but Paxton is Elway's guy and Siemien was Kubiak's guy.

I don't know that Joseph is really going to get the chance to establish his own QB. Pretty sure Elway is going to make sure Paxton gets every opportunity before Elway takes claim for another 1st round bust, especially at the QB position.

Old
01-16-2017, 01:51 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
price for watson would be pretty astronomical. like what the eagles or rams gave up last year.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 02:01 PM
chet1926

Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
price for watson would be pretty astronomical. like what the eagles or rams gave up last year.
Not sure about that. I've seen draft projections with Watson not even going first round. And the best ones typically have in the Paxton Lynch range of mid to later first round.

chet1926 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 03:08 PM
ABasin
Viva rebuild #3 !!!

Quote:
Is Watson even a 1st round pick?

After the Alabama game, he might be. But I think many NFL GMs view him as a bit of a project at the NFL level.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 03:16 PM
InjuredChoker

recent projections of watson not being a 1st rounder?

QBs get overdrafted. most important position in the game so there's obviously a lot of demand to find a good one. lot worse prospects than watson have gone in top 10, or even top 5 in recent years.

2014 and 2016 had bit of a project QBs going 3rd and 1st overall respectively.

i guess there's a chance he falls but i'd bet that demand for QBs for the teams picking at the top of the draft is just too high.

Old
01-16-2017, 04:03 PM
Hasbro
Can He Skate?!

A QB having a wobbly first season?! CAST THE FALSE IDOL ASIDE!

01-16-2017, 05:01 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Is Watson even a 1st round pick?

After the Alabama game, he might be. But I think many NFL GMs view him as a bit of a project at the NFL level.
Yes

Quote:
Yep

JWK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 05:38 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Everyone knew Paxton was going to be a project. Another season on the bench probably wouldn't be a bad thing and I don't think it would reflect bad on Elway. Nobody said the Packers were foolish for letting Rodgers sit for 3 years. Granted we don't have a Favre like QB that is keeping him on the bench but I think the point stands.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 06:24 PM
Bonzai12

Watson is pretty badly inaccurate and Clemson's offense is pretty gimmick compared to a pro-style.

There's about 3-4 QB's ahead of him. I guess we'll see when the combine comes around, but typically as you get closer and closer to the draft it becomes more about your combine numbers/statistics and less about game film results. That's going to hurt Watson.

I see him as more of a Kaepernick type of guy than a Donovan McNabb type.

Old
01-16-2017, 06:29 PM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Watson is pretty badly inaccurate and Clemson's offense is pretty gimmick compared to a pro-style.

There's about 3-4 QB's ahead of him. I guess we'll see when the combine comes around, but typically as you get closer and closer to the draft it becomes more about your combine numbers/statistics and less about game film results. That's going to hurt Watson.

I see him as more of a Kaepernick type of guy than a Donovan McNabb type.
which 3-4 QBs?

QBs in this class have been starters for one year, also struggle with accuracy, play in a gimmick offense and/or have medicore physical talent.

Old
01-16-2017, 07:13 PM
Bonzai12

Trubisky Kizer Mahomes

Agree with ya - they all have flaws. The NCAA passing game is so different now from the pros.

I'd actually prefer Mahomes over Watson. Yeah he played in a total gimmick offense too but he's got much better pure passing skills than Watson. The other two will go higher than the Broncos can get em, and honestly I think they're going to be Goff/Wentz quality anyhow.

Old
01-18-2017, 10:44 PM
sethro109

After hearing about all these new reports and allegations regarding Vance Joseph in 2004, I'm even more pissed the Broncos hired him. He sounds like a scum bag. Broncos made a big mistake by not retaining Wade and hiring Kyle.

Old
01-19-2017, 10:52 AM
Bonzai12

"One of the two women involved said she did not want to press charges and the other declined to talk to police. As a result, the case was closed."

Sounds like he's totally guilty

Old
01-19-2017, 11:02 AM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethro109 View Post
After hearing about all these new reports and allegations regarding Vance Joseph in 2004, I'm even more pissed the Broncos hired him. He sounds like a scum bag. Broncos made a big mistake by not retaining Wade and hiring Kyle.

Seriously?

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 01:35 PM
sethro109

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahrougem2 View Post

Seriously?
I don't care when he sexually assaulted someone. I don't want that type of person coaching the Broncos.

Quote:
"One of the two women involved said she did not want to press charges and the other declined to talk to police. As a result, the case was closed."

Sounds like he's totally guilty
In his press conference about the situation he admits to wrong doing. Saying he "Was young and stupid".

Old
01-19-2017, 01:47 PM
dahrougem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethro109 View Post
I don't care when he sexually assaulted someone. I don't want that type of person coaching the Broncos.
Because a person stays the same way for the rest of their life, right?

He did something in 2004. It MUST mean that he is never allowed to change and is in fact incapable of changing himself for the better. Hell, might as well lock him up for life right now!

dahrougem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2017, 04:18 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

I think this is relevant for this thread

JWK is online now   Reply With Quote