HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Why the hell would people want Comrie in this team??

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-22-2003, 05:53 AM
  #1
Habs4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal, (Quebec)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Why the hell would people want Comrie in this team??

BG has said so many times his first and only priority is to get bigger, so why are so many posters ready to snatch comrie off Edmenton hands, if anything we need to stay away from this kind of midgets, I would give our prspects like Plekanec chance before even considering getting another small forward, and we have loads of talent so stop making proposals unless it makes us bigger and younger at the same time, right now habs should be dealer for their veterans as this team is ready to take next step with youngh movement.

Habs4ever is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 06:06 AM
  #2
Subban Fan
Registered User
 
Subban Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Quebec city
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4ever
BG has said so many times his first and only priority is to get bigger, so why are so many posters ready to snatch comrie off Edmenton hands, if anything we need to stay away from this kind of midgets, I would give our prspects like Plekanec chance before even considering getting another small forward, and we have loads of talent so stop making proposals unless it makes us bigger and younger at the same time, right now habs should be dealer for their veterans as this team is ready to take next step with youngh movement.
Because Comrie is a very good player...and an upgrade over Ribeiro, another small forward!

Subban Fan is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 06:14 AM
  #3
Bob Bastards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
I post a big rant in the "Comrie to Montreal" thread that goes in the same direction as you. I am 100% with you on that. Not only he is small, but if he is the player all is defender say, why on earth Edmonton want to unload him?

That my 0.02$.

Bob Bastards is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 12:46 PM
  #4
didjuicythat
@m_desroches
 
didjuicythat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********
I post a big rant in the "Comrie to Montreal" thread that goes in the same direction as you. I am 100% with you on that. Not only he is small, but if he is the player all is defender say, why on earth Edmonton want to unload him?

That my 0.02$.
I get your point, but it's not only about him being a tremendous player in the making. In that case, Jaromir Jagr would still be with Pittsburgh. I think his salary demands are too high for Edmonton's economic context, and Kevin Lowe doesn't want to take a chance signing him at 3-4 millions a year. That should be one of the many reasons that can explain the trade rumors around the league about Comrie getting traded. If Mike was reasonable in what he is asking for, he'd probably already be on the Oilers' line up. It's always been this way in Edmonton. If they had the money required, they'd probably still have guys like Doug Weight and Janne Niinimaa.

didjuicythat is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 12:50 PM
  #5
MVP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
I get your point, but it's not only about him being a tremendous player in the making. In that case, Jaromir Jagr would still be with Pittsburgh. I think his salary demands are too high for Edmonton's economic context, and Kevin Lowe doesn't want to take a chance signing him at 3-4 millions a year. That should be one of the many reasons that can explain the trade rumors around the league about Comrie getting traded. If Mike was reasonable in what he is asking for, he'd probably already be on the Oilers' line up. It's always been this way in Edmonton. If they had the money required, they'd probably still have guys like Doug Weight and Janne Niinimaa.
Not exactly, it was well known in the Comrie situation that it is not so much about money but a lot more to do with the fact Comrie cannot handle the pressure of Oilers media, and attention of being the goto guy on that team.

MVP is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 12:55 PM
  #6
KOMO_ROCKS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Richmond, B.C
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Not exactly, it was well known in the Comrie situation that it is not so much about money but a lot more to do with the fact Comrie cannot handle the pressure of Oilers media, and attention of being the goto guy on that team.
Yep, he also does not see eye to eye with Kevin Lowe which will probably result in a trade.

KOMO_ROCKS is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 01:57 PM
  #7
didjuicythat
@m_desroches
 
didjuicythat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Not exactly, it was well known in the Comrie situation that it is not so much about money but a lot more to do with the fact Comrie cannot handle the pressure of Oilers media, and attention of being the goto guy on that team.
So, what you're saying is... it's more Comrie's decision not to sign with the Oilers than Edmonton's management not wanting to sign him? I hadn't thought about that. It's a bit strange, as the Oilers have one of the greatest crowd in the NHL. I've never heard about the medias over there, though.

didjuicythat is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 02:39 PM
  #8
KOMO_ROCKS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Richmond, B.C
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
The only reason they are trading Comrie is because he wants out of Edmonton, not for money, it's because he's grown up in edm, he's played his whole life in edm and he wants out.
yep, thats pretty much it.....Comrie does not want to play for Edmonton and he does not see eye to eye with Lowe...seems like a nice recipe for a trade

KOMO_ROCKS is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 02:48 PM
  #9
MVP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 2,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsFan
It's a bit strange, as the Oilers have one of the greatest crowd in the NHL. I've never heard about the medias over there, though.

It is Comrie home town as well, and part of the problem is the unrealistic expectation that some Oilers fans place on Comrie. Some player can just ignore it but in this case it is kinda different. Comrie was ready to put everything aside and sign with Kevin Lowe until Kevin Lowe told Comrie, he cannot attend camp without a contract which is fair due to insurance policy but some members of the media and fan place the blame sorely on Comrie, and even since tha]en Comrie basically decided he had enough of this and sit out to force a trade, whether he will be successful remain to be seen. i am not taking side on Comrie or Lowe, but that is the story so far as i understand it.

MVP is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 02:52 PM
  #10
KOMO_ROCKS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Richmond, B.C
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
It is Comrie home town as well, and part of the problem is the unrealistic expectation that some Oilers fans place on Comrie. Some player can just ignore it but in this case it is kinda different. Comrie was ready to put everything aside and sign with Kevin Lowe until Kevin Lowe told Comrie, he cannot attend camp without a contract which is fair due to insurance policy but some members of the media and fan place the blame sorely on Comrie, and even since tha]en Comrie basically decided he had enough of this and sit out to force a trade, whether he will be successful remain to be seen. i am not taking side on Comrie or Lowe, but that is the story so far as i understand it.
good points...Comrie will most likely get traded to an eastern coference.....i was just thinking that maybe the Oilers would make good trading partners with the New Jersey Devils....something involving Comrie + for Gomez + may work out...Devils need more offense and Comrie will give them that on the first line

KOMO_ROCKS is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 02:53 PM
  #11
gted85
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
another rumour why comrie was sitting out was that he was angry at Lowe and Mactavish for thier harsh criticism of his play in the playoffs. If that's true I don't feel sorry for him at all.

gted85 is offline  
Old
10-22-2003, 04:51 PM
  #12
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,274
vCash: 500
I too like Comrie, but ONLY to replace Ribeiro. Comrie is a tiny bit tougher on the puck and on his skates than Ribeiro is so I would welcome Comrie with open arms if he came to us. Guys, it's not all about size, Comrie is a star right now if you ask me, and he's only 23!

Yes, we DO need some size, but we shouldn't say that we wouldn't take Comrie if we had the chance to make a good deal.

Cap

Capitano is offline  
Old
10-23-2003, 04:17 AM
  #13
Bob Bastards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
Not exactly, it was well known in the Comrie situation that it is not so much about money but a lot more to do with the fact Comrie cannot handle the pressure of Oilers media, and attention of being the goto guy on that team.
Yeah right so bring him into the worst pressure cooker in hockey, have have name Montreal, and see what he will do... I am sure he will ask Bob to send him in Siberia after two weeks...

Bob Bastards is offline  
Old
10-23-2003, 04:51 AM
  #14
Bob Bastards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
It's not that kind of pressure, people in edmonton have unrealistic expectations from him because hes an edmonton boy, they want him to be like the next coming of Gretzky or something.
Habs fan have unrealistic expectation FOR ANY PLAYER... The kid got 33 goals I think is first season, do you really think Habs fans will let him go away with less then that? Forget him, if he can't play in is home town he will get crush under the pressure here in Montreal. Its the last post I put under those ******* Comrie to Montreal thread. Mark my word: He will never be in a Habs shirt, never. He is small, poor in defense, is a whinner (any player who make a hold out for is contract is a whinner in my book. "I want more money", get lost and go flip burger if your not happy) and cant take the pressure. Bob make it clear that he want bigger player. He make sure that everybody on the team play a good defensive game, Comrie just don't fit the mold. If BG trade for him, I will be really mad and I will make a personal excuse thread on the board to retract myself, but nobody give me a good reason to go and grap him.

This post is not an attack to anybody, but people here spend the last two year complaning about how our team is too small, poor in defense, player make too much money blah, blah, blah. But the same people are the first to ask a trade to get a 5' 9", 23 year old kid who want 3mils a year. I just don't get it. Explain that to me, please. I am starting to think that a lot of people her are bipolar...

Bob Bastards is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.