HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phillip Danault II: 2nd C? edition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-15-2017, 06:17 PM
  #1
Treb
Moderator
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,328
vCash: 1155
Phillip Danault II: 2nd C? edition

Continue here

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 06:20 PM
  #2
LaP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Quebec City, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,426
vCash: 500
He makes DD irrelevant. He is better but he is also un tit gars de ché nous.

LaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 06:20 PM
  #3
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,196
vCash: 500
At least until the trade deadline, I think it is a good thing to have a Galchenyuk-Danault-Plekanec-Mitchell center line. If things go well, you might not need to rush getting a center and focus on defense and maybe the wings. But if by the deadline, one or more of the centers don't remain effective, then you can maybe make a move for a center. And the one who will be on his way out is Plekanec, not Danault.

The guy's played his way onto the Protected list for the Expansion Draft, whether a 2C, 3C, or even a winger.

Adam Michaels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 06:35 PM
  #4
habbydays
Registered User
 
habbydays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: BC, ON, and NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,978
vCash: 50
I'm not really in favour of using Danault in the top 6 unless we have to. Penciling him in for our future #2 after Chucky seems premature.

That said he is playing really well and was an excellent pickup. If we could acquire a real #2C and have Danault at #3 we would improve our cup chances drastically imo.

habbydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 08:47 PM
  #5
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup
 
Rapala's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habbydays View Post
I'm not really in favour of using Danault in the top 6 unless we have to. Penciling him in for our future #2 after Chucky seems premature.

That said he is playing really well and was an excellent pickup. If we could acquire a real #2C and have Danault at #3 we would improve our cup chances drastically imo.
The sooner the better this is a young mans game played at a young mans pace.
I repeat Danault will easily replace Pleky and none to soon for my liking.

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 09:28 PM
  #6
tooji
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
A cup run would be very possible with Chucky - XX - Danault - Pleky as our 4 centers. That would be very good depth.

tooji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 09:41 PM
  #7
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooji View Post
A cup run would be very possible with Chucky - XX - Danault - Pleky as our 4 centers. That would be very good depth.
That is my dream too....having Plekanec on the 4th line. If that happens, then our team is pretty strong at the middle.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 09:43 PM
  #8
Adam Michaels
Registered User
 
Adam Michaels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooji View Post
A cup run would be very possible with Chucky - XX - Danault - Pleky as our 4 centers. That would be very good depth.
If Pleky is your 4C, you're better off using him in a trade and keeping Mitchell as 4C. Mitchell is real good in that spot and costs way less. Not to mention, despite Pleky's decline since last year (even though he's heating up the last few games), he still holds some value around the league.

Adam Michaels is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 09:51 PM
  #9
Runner77
******************
 
Runner77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 16,617
vCash: 2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Michaels View Post
If Pleky is your 4C, you're better off using him in a trade and keeping Mitchell as 4C. Mitchell is real good in that spot and costs way less. Not to mention, despite Pleky's decline since last year (even though he's heating up the last few games), he still holds some value around the league.
It's not that Plekanec wouldn't be useful on some other team, it's just the lousy cap hit he represents -- and given how many teams are tight to the cap, it would be very unlikely for the Habs to move him unless they took on an offset and/or agreed to eat a major portion of his salary. A bad contract is not an asset, especially one with a declining performance who is nearing his mid-thirties.


Last edited by Runner77: 01-15-2017 at 10:05 PM.
Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 09:54 PM
  #10
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaP View Post
He makes DD irrelevant. He is better but he is also un tit gars de ché nous.
DD injuries in the last 2 seasons was such a blessing for us.

Last year, it gave Galchenyuk his 1st C position back.

And this year, we had the emergence of Danault thanks to his injury.

I don't want to beat on a dead horse but it makes you wonder how many years MB wasted on Galchenyuk development as a center by giving DD his extension.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2017, 09:55 PM
  #11
Turianel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,400
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooji View Post
A cup run would be very possible with Chucky - XX - Danault - Pleky as our 4 centers. That would be very good depth.
Impossible You simply ask for more then is realistically possible. But it fun to dream.

Danault prove he is top 6 material, get high profile wing to produce, get high TOI both def and Off so yes he allow Plekanec to get a lesser role in babysitting the young one (that line produce too)

Don't need XX, Cause XX will be expensive. very expensive

Turianel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 02:27 AM
  #12
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 20,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turianel View Post
Impossible You simply ask for more then is realistically possible. But it fun to dream.

Danault prove he is top 6 material, get high profile wing to produce, get high TOI both def and Off so yes he allow Plekanec to get a lesser role in babysitting the young one (that line produce too)

Don't need XX, Cause XX will be expensive. very expensive
Danault is playing great lately, let's wait a bit before saying he's proven anything.

The only thing he's proven IMO, as it's been that way ALL season long is that he can stay on the top 9 and does not need to be dropped to the 4th next to Mitchell like at the beginning of the season...

it's the kid first full season, and it's only halfway trough, let's wait and see how he does for a longer period, and how he'll react when his production drops. NO need to make him a hero cause he's doing well, just like there will be no reason to panic when he'll be 6 or 7 games without a goal or something...

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 03:32 AM
  #13
Ivan13
Just a flesh wound!
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 19,147
vCash: 50
Yeah, let's wait a bit until we crown him. Props to him for playing extremely well lately, but plenty of players did that and faded away and regressed to the mean. He needs to keep this up for a while.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 01:07 PM
  #14
HabsGorgeous
23 Years....
 
HabsGorgeous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: East Coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,856
vCash: 500
I'd love to see Danault continue to play with Patch and put Byron on the top line.

Byron / Galchenyuk / Radulov
Patch / Danault / Shaw
Lehkonen / Pleky / McCarron
Carr / Mitchell Flynn
DLR/DD

IMO, Gallagher is the guy we can trade in a package deal, get a return for, and not create a huge hole in the line-up.

HabsGorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2017, 01:09 PM
  #15
HabsGorgeous
23 Years....
 
HabsGorgeous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: East Coast
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,856
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Danault is playing great lately, let's wait a bit before saying he's proven anything.

The only thing he's proven IMO, as it's been that way ALL season long is that he can stay on the top 9 and does not need to be dropped to the 4th next to Mitchell like at the beginning of the season...

it's the kid first full season, and it's only halfway trough, let's wait and see how he does for a longer period, and how he'll react when his production drops. NO need to make him a hero cause he's doing well, just like there will be no reason to panic when he'll be 6 or 7 games without a goal or something...
Danault has been playing great all year IMO.

HabsGorgeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2017, 09:04 AM
  #16
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 14,092
vCash: 500
I'm flabbergasted by his production.

Is he really a second line C?

DAChampion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2017, 09:56 AM
  #17
MtlBoxFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
That is my dream too....having Plekanec on the 4th line. If that happens, then our team is pretty strong at the middle.
If we have Pleks on our 4th line, there's no more salary cap.

MtlBoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2017, 09:58 AM
  #18
MtlBoxFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsGorgeous View Post
I'd love to see Danault continue to play with Patch and put Byron on the top line.

Byron / Galchenyuk / Radulov
Patch / Danault / Shaw
Lehkonen / Pleky / McCarron
Carr / Mitchell Flynn
DLR/DD

IMO, Gallagher is the guy we can trade in a package deal, get a return for, and not create a huge hole in the line-up.
Gallagher is the heart and soul of this team. On top of it, with his hand issues, he will be get much on the market.

MtlBoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2017, 10:29 AM
  #19
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlBoxFan View Post
Gallagher is the heart and soul of this team. On top of it, with his hand issues, he will be get much on the market.
Really ???

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2017, 10:44 AM
  #20
Rosso Scuderia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,165
vCash: 500
Yeah I like our players but saying Danault is a proven top 6 player in the nhl and Gallagher is the heart and soul of this team is quite funny.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2017, 10:49 AM
  #21
Kimota
CONTROL THE BEAST
 
Kimota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: La Vieille Capitale
Country: France
Posts: 25,764
vCash: 500
I don't think him with Shaw and Byron is working. Put him back with Max.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2017, 10:55 AM
  #22
Captain Wolverine
Registered User
 
Captain Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I don't think him with Shaw and Byron is working. Put him back with Max.
Its been one bad game. One. He has 3 points in 2 games with Byron. Lets calm down.

Captain Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2017, 10:56 AM
  #23
Captain Wolverine
Registered User
 
Captain Wolverine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Thornhill, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,021
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsGorgeous View Post
I'd love to see Danault continue to play with Patch and put Byron on the top line.

Byron / Galchenyuk / Radulov
Patch / Danault / Shaw
Lehkonen / Pleky / McCarron
Carr / Mitchell Flynn
DLR/DD

IMO, Gallagher is the guy we can trade in a package deal, get a return for, and not create a huge hole in the line-up.
MCarron in the top-9 IS a pretty big hole.

Captain Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2017, 08:18 PM
  #24
Asamu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Saguenay
Country: Canada
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlBoxFan View Post
Gallagher is the heart and soul of this team. On top of it, with his hand issues, we won't get much on the market.
Edit

True, Gallagher is still heart and soul of this team despite Byron's godlike year. I wouldn't put Gallagher in any trades for now.

Concerning Danault, his speed / vision / composure with the puck is something very valuable at the moment in the NHL. I wouldn't mind having him as a 2nd C but he would be more effective offensively while facing weaker oppositions on the 3rd line for instance.

He just needs to stay healthy and we'll see next year and in 2 years probably his full potential. Amazing season for now .

Asamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2017, 11:52 AM
  #25
MtlBoxFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Really ???
Seriously, he's not? Last year, he went down, what happened to the team? Who has a better compete level than him?

MtlBoxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2017 All Rights Reserved.