HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL XLV: Pittsburgh and Washington Play Football

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2017, 08:52 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Around the NHL XLV: Pittsburgh and Washington Play Football

Continue.

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"
-Col. Sanders
Old
01-16-2017, 08:56 PM
Raspewtin
Fire Clowneault

missed call on Crosby was a disgrace.

01-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Dr Chin Richalds
Liter-a-cola

vCash: 500
Caps fans finally have a good reason to ***** about the officiating

Just brutal

Old
01-16-2017, 09:00 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Pens win it. Get away with a Crosby trip in OT and goalie interference again. Must be nice to be the defending Stanley Cup champs. Lots of perks you get.

That said, the lack of goaltending or defense made that game easily the most enjoyable non Ranger game I've seen in years. I'm the first one to say a 1-0 game is great like the one we played vs Chicago earlier this year as that was a masterpiece of hockey...up and down, great saves,great defense...etc.

But sometimes it's pretty neat to watch some pond hockey ala '80's Edmonton Oilers style hockey. And tonight we got that. That 2nd period alone with 9 goals scored was as insane as it gets. OK...back to reality. It sucks it was a 3 point game but like I keep saying, I'm not going to weep or cry if we end up as 4th seed in Metro and than play Atlantic teams in order to get to ECF. So maybe we should all be glad this was a 3 point game....hmmmm

Old
01-16-2017, 09:01 PM
LeetchisGod
Stop kicking the can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Are you really surprised? It's been like that for years.

Old
01-16-2017, 09:03 PM
LeetchisGod
Stop kicking the can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
Pens win it. Get away with a Crosby trip in OT and goalie interference again. Must be nice to be the defending Stanley Cup champs. Lots of perks you get.

That said, the lack of goaltending or defense made that game easily the most enjoyable non Ranger game I've seen in years. I'm the first one to say a 1-0 game is great like the one we played vs Chicago earlier this year as that was a masterpiece of hockey...up and down, great saves,great defense...etc.

But sometimes it's pretty neat to watch some pond hockey ala '80's Edmonton Oilers style hockey. And tonight we got that. That 2nd period alone with 9 goals scored was as insane as it gets. OK...back to reality. It sucks it was a 3 point game but like I keep saying, I'm not going to weep or cry if we end up as 4th seed in Metro and than play Atlantic teams in order to get to ECF. So maybe we should all be glad this was a 3 point game....hmmmm
Be careful what you wish for. Montreal has had our number for awhile now. Evidenced by last game.

Old
01-16-2017, 09:04 PM
GOAT AINEC
Soon..

Was Hank in net for both teams teams?

Good thing they didn't make the nets bigger.. Touchdowns for everyone this year.

Old
01-16-2017, 09:06 PM
GOAT AINEC
Soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
Be careful what you wish for. Montreal has had our number for awhile now. Evidenced by last game.
The Rangers had that game.. Hank just blew it.. They aren't in the same league as the Caps or Pens.

Old
01-16-2017, 09:20 PM
aufheben
Global Moderator
#RIPClendening

vCash: 69
If we never play the Canadiens again I will be cool with that.

Old
01-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
I understand the premise of what you are saying...I do. But when you look at these two options:

1. Finish as either a #1 thru #3 seed in Metro in order to get to ECF, Rangers will have to beat two of either Capitals, Penguins or Blue Jackets

2. Finish as #4 seed which would correlate to the #1 WC in order to get the ECF, Rangers will have to beat Montreal first and than one of these 4 teams most likely(Senators,Maple Leafs,Bruins or Lightning).

It is clearly obvious which path is not as difficult "on paper" and much more attractive a route to get the ECF.

Of course games vs Habs wouldn't be easy but I believe our team even if we didn't do a thing could and would beat them. Now if you subscribe to the belief that I do that GMJG will address the elephant in the room and acquire a couple of dmen to help improve our Top 6 and if you believe as I do that our goaltending tandem of Hank or Anti would be good enough, than with our offense, I have no doubt we could make it to the ECF if we went the WC route. Now if we ended up having to go thru 2 Metro teams in order to even get to the ECF, well than I'm not as confident....just being honest.

So that's why I'm hoping we finish as the 4th seed in Metro and we get Atlantic teams to deal with rather than Metro teams. If we went this route, maybe just maybe we could steal a series vs either a Caps and more than like a Pens team in the ECF in order to get to the Cup. We'll see how it shakes out but that's why I'm not crying if teams in front of us keep winning so long as we keep winning too.

Old
01-16-2017, 09:40 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Just Be Nice

I know the Sens aren't a high powered offense...but Brassard's stats...woof

01-16-2017, 09:46 PM
LeetchisGod
Stop kicking the can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
I understand the premise of what you are saying...I do. But when you look at these two options:

1. Finish as either a #1 thru #3 seed in Metro in order to get to ECF, Rangers will have to beat two of either Capitals, Penguins or Blue Jackets

2. Finish as #4 seed which would correlate to the #1 WC in order to get the ECF, Rangers will have to beat Montreal first and than one of these 4 teams most likely(Senators,Maple Leafs,Bruins or Lightning).

It is clearly obvious which path is not as difficult "on paper" and much more attractive a route to get the ECF.

Of course games vs Habs wouldn't be easy but I believe our team even if we didn't do a thing could and would beat them. Now if you subscribe to the belief that I do that GMJG will address the elephant in the room and acquire a couple of dmen to help improve our Top 6 and if you believe as I do that our goaltending tandem of Hank or Anti would be good enough, than with our offense, I have no doubt we could make it to the ECF if we went the WC route. Now if we ended up having to go thru 2 Metro teams in order to even get to the ECF, well than I'm not as confident....just being honest.

So that's why I'm hoping we finish as the 4th seed in Metro and we get Atlantic teams to deal with rather than Metro teams. If we went this route, maybe just maybe we could steal a series vs either a Caps and more than like a Pens team in the ECF in order to get to the Cup. We'll see how it shakes out but that's why I'm not crying if teams in front of us keep winning so long as we keep winning too.
All good points but we have had no success against that Canadiens team with Price in net.

Old
01-16-2017, 10:10 PM
GOAT AINEC
Soon..

Quote:
All good points but we have had no success against that Canadiens team with Price in net.
Price wasn't the reason the Rangers lost.

Old
01-16-2017, 10:13 PM
LeetchisGod
Stop kicking the can

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT AINEC View Post
Price wasn't the reason the Rangers lost.
That was one game. Generally he has owned us.

Old
01-17-2017, 08:46 AM
silverfish
Not a GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
They missed a ton. Wilson should've drawn a couple. Hornqvist elbow. Hornqvist goalie interference. But Crosby tripping Ovechkin in OT and then the Pens winning the game 8 seconds later had to be cause for celebration in the NBC offices.

How perfect.

Old
01-17-2017, 09:23 AM
PMII
Special Agent Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyjee View Post
They missed a ton. Wilson should've drawn a couple. Hornqvist elbow. Hornqvist goalie interference. But Crosby tripping Ovechkin in OT and then the Pens winning the game 8 seconds later had to be cause for celebration in the NBC offices.

How perfect.
key word is wilson

wilson could get stabbed in front of me on the ice and i wouldnt call a penalty, hes earned his reputation

01-17-2017, 09:48 AM
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose

vCash: 919
Reputation goes only so far. When actual dirty play is witnessed call it. Game management is what we have and it sucks

Old
01-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Loffen
Matszerella Cheese

Cappy just got fired.

New York Islanders ‏@NYIslanders 3m3 minutes ago
#Isles News: Jack Capuano has been relieved of his duties as Head Coach. Assistant GM Doug Weight will serve as interim Head Coach.

01-17-2017, 02:04 PM
Raspewtin
Fire Clowneault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffen View Post
Cappy just got fired.

#Isles News: Jack Capuano has been relieved of his duties as Head Coach. Assistant GM Doug Weight will serve as interim Head Coach.

Old
01-17-2017, 02:05 PM
silverfish
Not a GM

Quote:
Cappy just got fired.

Terrible news for fans of 29 NHL teams that are not the Islanders

Old
01-17-2017, 02:07 PM
Miller Time NYR

vCash: 150
2 years late on the Capuano firing, talk about a guy who brought nothing to the table.

Old
01-17-2017, 02:07 PM
NCRanger
Bettman's Enemy

Quote:
Cappy just got fired.

Like their problems started and ended with the coach.

Old
01-17-2017, 02:12 PM
Greg02

On the sidebar of ESPN.com right now:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe McDonald, ESPN Staff Writer

The New York Islanders have fired coach Jack Capuano, the team announced Tuesday. Assistant GM Doug Weight will serve as interim coach.

Capuano deserved a better fate with the Islanders. There should be more changes coming during the offseason.

The organization better figure it out before captain John Tavares decides he wants out.
Capuano deserved a better fate? By what metric?

Old
01-17-2017, 02:15 PM
PlamsUnlimited
The Juice is Loose

vCash: 919
Holy....

It happened.

They're going to be good now.

Old
01-17-2017, 02:17 PM
Miller Time NYR

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
On the sidebar of ESPN.com right now:

Capuano deserved a better fate? By what metric?
A better lineup could help, but he's a terrible coach. Garth started the ball rolling this offseason, he's next.

Closed Thread