HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL XLV: Pittsburgh and Washington Play Football

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2017, 03:01 AM
9darter
Soft Euro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTakedown View Post
Sharks had a 5-2 lead in the 3rd...

They blew it and went into OT, then lost. Can't make this up
SJS trailed 3-5 in the third, tied it and lost in OT.
Whatever, congrats to big 68 for point # 1900!

Old
02-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Nick of Time
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTakedown View Post
Sharks had a 5-2 lead in the 3rd...

They blew it and went into OT, then lost. Can't make this up
Damn, just woke up to see the scores. Well at least the Flyers lost. That last WC spot is still up for grabs by a lot of teams.

02-16-2017, 01:53 PM
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD

Sharks didn't have a 5-2 lead lol

It was 3-3 going into the third. Then panthers actually took a 5-3 lead. Sharks tied it then lost in OT. I watched the game was a fun one.

Old
02-16-2017, 02:15 PM
Nick of Time
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post

It was 3-3 going into the third. Then panthers actually took a 5-3 lead. Sharks tied it then lost in OT. I watched the game was a fun one.
Wow, so the Panthers almost let that one get away. I just saw the final score. Did not know that.

Old
02-16-2017, 02:24 PM
pdogfizzle
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Happily take Washington over them.

Pitts or Montreal is pick your fast-acting poison so it's pointless.
I'm tired of playing Washington keep them away lol

Old
02-16-2017, 02:57 PM
Gardner McKay
Global Moderator
Rangers this year

vCash: 50
That Ottawa team... you know, the one many people here said would be way out of the playoff by this point in the season? Well, if they win their games at hand they will overtake MTL for 1st in the Atlantic.

Old
02-16-2017, 05:17 PM
bl02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
That Ottawa team... you know, the one many people here said would be way out of the playoff by this point in the season? Well, if they win their games at hand they will overtake MTL for 1st in the Atlantic.
Probably won't happen but would love to see Montreal-Ottawa first round .

Old
02-16-2017, 10:30 PM
Mac n Gs
Gorton plz

Go watch the move Malkin made on Trouba to set up Crosby's goal. Filthy.

Old
02-16-2017, 11:28 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac n Gs View Post

Beautiful plays and dirty hits is what Malkin does.

Old
02-16-2017, 11:29 PM
Kahuna Nanu
top10 anime betrayal

Quote:
girardi for trouba

02-17-2017, 12:24 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna Nanu View Post
girardi for trouba
and than the alarm clock rang...lol

Old
02-17-2017, 12:36 AM
Maximus

Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardner McKay View Post
They are for real no doubt.

Boucher has done a tremendous job instilling a more defensively responsible system in Ottawa and the players have bought in hook line and sinker.

I have the Andy/Condon tandem as my #2 goalie behind Holtby in my longtime big $$ fantasy league and so I follow them quite closely. Plus my brother in law lives in Ottawa and has Chris Neil as a client of his and so he always gives me some little snippets that you can't find on the net.

According to my bro in law, players hated Cameron and couldn't stand playing for him. They thought he didn't have a clue as to how to deal with players...etc. Boucher was a great hire and the players luv him. They have some nice pieces on offense too. I still think it would be an outside chance they overtake the Habs seeing we all know they are going to get a coaching bump for the next week or two and so even with the Sens having those games in hand, it would take a heck of a run by the Sens to win the division.

That said, it's certainly possible. Funny even tho I've been a pretty vocal proponant of it not being the worse thing in the world if we ended up as the #1 WC and play the Atlantic rather than a 2 or 3 seed in East and have to play Pens and Caps, getting past the Habs and Sens would definitely not be any picnic that's for sure. I still think we would but we would have to play some excellent hockey to get past those two as they are no easy marks.

Old
02-17-2017, 02:49 AM
Kahuna Nanu
top10 anime betrayal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
They are for real no doubt.

Boucher has done a tremendous job instilling a more defensively responsible system in Ottawa and the players have bought in hook line and sinker.

I have the Andy/Condon tandem as my #2 goalie behind Holtby in my longtime big $$ fantasy league and so I follow them quite closely. Plus my brother in law lives in Ottawa and has Chris Neil as a client of his and so he always gives me some little snippets that you can't find on the net.

According to my bro in law, players hated Cameron and couldn't stand playing for him. They thought he didn't have a clue as to how to deal with players...etc. Boucher was a great hire and the players luv him. They have some nice pieces on offense too. I still think it would be an outside chance they overtake the Habs seeing we all know they are going to get a coaching bump for the next week or two and so even with the Sens having those games in hand, it would take a heck of a run by the Sens to win the division.

That said, it's certainly possible. Funny even tho I've been a pretty vocal proponant of it not being the worse thing in the world if we ended up as the #1 WC and play the Atlantic rather than a 2 or 3 seed in East and have to play Pens and Caps, getting past the Habs and Sens would definitely not be any picnic that's for sure. I still think we would but we would have to play some excellent hockey to get past those two as they are no easy marks.
The only reason Cmaeron got hired was because Murray was buddy-buddy with him. I'm sure players did not like that from the get go. I know I wouldn't

Old
02-17-2017, 02:55 AM
9darter
Soft Euro

Old
02-17-2017, 02:58 AM
Kahuna Nanu
top10 anime betrayal

Clear hit to the head.

Would absolutely give out a 2 gamer for that.

Old
02-17-2017, 06:48 AM
Revel
DXer

That hit was dirty as ****. His skates lifted and he directed his hit towards the head. Suspension is called for.

Old
02-17-2017, 09:22 AM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna Nanu View Post
The only reason Cmaeron got hired was because Murray was buddy-buddy with him. I'm sure players did not like that from the get go. I know I wouldn't
Funny why they never quit on Cameron in the part season he was hired....Them players in Ottawa seem to have a dislike for a lot of coaches.....were they all buddy buddy with Murray ? Makes you wonder.... Ottawa has had a fairly steady coaching carousel .

I tend to think they overachieved 3 seasons ago and they probably now are just about where they should be....hard to blame that on MAcLean/Cameron or whomever.....team was just not good enough .

Old
02-17-2017, 09:48 AM
Mac n Gs
Gorton plz

I really wonder how far the Craig Anderson story can propel the Sens as they gear up for a playoff push. We saw what happened when the team rallied around MSL after he lost his mom, and for Anderson to take leaves of absence to be with his wife during cancer treatments, only to come back and put up a shutout is remarkable.

Then again, there's that whole thing for the last 2 years where a player we got rid of from the Cup run team has gone on to win the Cup the following year (Brad Richards, then Hags), so maybe it'll be Brass or Dom Moore this year.

Old
02-17-2017, 10:00 AM
TheTakedown
Puck is Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev27 View Post

oh damn, must have read it wrong on my fantasy hockey app i'm an idiot

Old
02-17-2017, 01:03 PM
Nick of Time
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I really wonder how far the Craig Anderson story can propel the Sens as they gear up for a playoff push. We saw what happened when the team rallied around MSL after he lost his mom, and for Anderson to take leaves of absence to be with his wife during cancer treatments, only to come back and put up a shutout is remarkable.

Then again, there's that whole thing for the last 2 years where a player we got rid of from the Cup run team has gone on to win the Cup the following year (Brad Richards, then Hags), so maybe it'll be Brass or Dom Moore this year.
Ottawa seems like a serious contender. Not sure how deep they can go though. They focused on defense to start the season but now their offense has been starting to come together as well. I would think Anderson's story has to be a motivating factor. As per Boston, they have had a resurgence 3-0 since Julien has been fired, and he is now with Montreal. That has got to be motivating for them to go on a tear. Florida has also been getting points, almost blew it last game though. lol. Anyway, I see the Atlantic tilting the ice for the remainder of the season while the Metro coasts the rest of the way.

Closed Thread