HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL XLV: Pittsburgh and Washington Play Football

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2017, 10:14 PM
Maximus

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac n Gs View Post
That glove save by Price was insane.
It was for sure. What about Lehners tho? Have you seen that one? It was as if Lehner morphed into Hasek diving like that. Degree of difficulty on Lehners save was much higher in my view. Haven't seen a better save all year. Funny there's even a thread on it now on the main board. I've seen SOTY threads before that kind of dissapoint. This one didn't this time.

Old
01-21-2017, 10:19 PM
Maximus

Lightning down 5-1 to an awful 'Yotes club. Something aint right in dodge with that team. Can't quite put my finger on it. Yes missing Stamkos is going to leave a skid mark but they just can't put a string of wins together. Too bad the triplets didn't play vs us in the ECF like they have this entire season as no question we would have been in another Cup final. And that year we were primed to win it all. Uggggg....bad memories.

Old
01-21-2017, 10:19 PM
eco's bones

Tampa--last place in the Atlantic right now.

Old
01-21-2017, 10:21 PM
PlamsUnlimited
PUMP IT UP PUEMPEL

vCash: 919
I would seriously work the phones and see what we can pry from TB. They have a little bit of everything

Old
01-21-2017, 10:29 PM
Maximus

For those who haven't seen it and am wondering wtf I'm blubbering about the past 15 minutes...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFiMbdz1Nn4

Old
01-21-2017, 10:31 PM
Mac n Gs
Gorton plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
It was for sure. What about Lehners tho? Have you seen that one? It was as if Lehner morphed into Hasek diving like that. Degree of difficulty on Lehners save was much higher in my view. Haven't seen a better save all year. Funny there's even a thread on it now on the main board. I've seen SOTY threads before that kind of dissapoint. This one didn't this time.
Nope not yet, I'll check out the highlights tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Wait what Injuries are brutal.

Old
01-21-2017, 10:36 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlamsUnlimited View Post
I would seriously work the phones and see what we can pry from TB. They have a little bit of everything
Sure sounds great. GMJG...HF Rangers fan base has decided to help you with your job and we would like ...Victor Hedman. We'll take Stralman as well.

Trust me, you don't want to **** us Ranger faithful off. Make it happen....

Old
01-21-2017, 10:40 PM
PlamsUnlimited
PUMP IT UP PUEMPEL

vCash: 919
Quote:
Sure sounds great. GMJG...HF Rangers fan base has decided to help you with your job and we would like ...Victor Hedman. We'll take Stralman as well.

Trust me, you don't want to **** us Ranger faithful off. Make it happen....
LOL not sure about those two. I'd cry if we got Stralman back.

Old
01-21-2017, 10:49 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Just playing obviously. The asking price even if Tampa was stupid enough to make Hedman available would be so insanely high, it wouldn't even be worth making a trade seeing you'd have to rebuild your team as you'd likely have lost a complete top two scoring line as the return....lol

It's nice to fantasize tho about a Hedman. Meantime, I'd be more than happy with a booby prize. Oh I don't know.....Kevin Shattenkirk?....

I'm assuming you would "cry" with happiness....eh? I know I would.

Old
01-21-2017, 10:56 PM
Maximus

I knew it was too good to be true that the Stars would help us out a bit, heading into 3rd period with a 3-1 lead and beat the Caps.

And it was too good to be true as ****ing Caps win in OT. Sure looks like Caps are even better this year than they were last season. I blame that firmly on TJ Oshie. Seriously, the addition of him has made them a much better and more dangerous team. Yeah the defense and goaltending is great but it's the forwards. Oshie "completes" them.

I know we have great luck and fortune vs that team in the playoffs but to be honest, I kind of would like to avoid them if possible. Give me Canadians first round and than an Ottawa in 2nd round, than maybe in the ECF I'll take my chances vs Caps. But not until the ECF.....

Old
01-21-2017, 11:00 PM
Nick of Time
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Team seems to have just given up.

01-21-2017, 11:40 PM
darko

Quote:
Would you record it? Grown man crying over a player would be cool to see.

Old
01-21-2017, 11:44 PM
Maximus

Fellas, watching the Wild-Ducks game cause the wife is asleep(god bless her) and I can channel surf and watch whatever I want and somehow the surfing ended up on a hockey game....go figure...lol

Anyways, not sure any of y'all have watched too many Minny Wild games but if you haven't, if you can do yourselves a favor and check them out if you have NHL Center Ice like I do.

This team is unreal this year. As good a team as I've seen all season. They have all that you need to win a Cup....4 solid lines they can roll out....solid d corps and a great goalie.

The only reason I hesitate at all in saying that they won't be the West's representative in the Stanley Cup this year is cause their coach is Bruce Boudreau and I've seen this song and dance from his teams a half dozen times before. He might be the best regular season coach in history but for some god forsaken reasons, his teams once they get to the playoffs despite these awesome regular seasons, they end up choking and dying these painful deaths(ie....see his years at helm of Caps and Ducks).

Something about this Wild team tho gives me this sneaking suspicion this could be the year Boudreau has hit the lottery and his team breaks through. Tonight was perfect example of what I speak of. They are down to Anaheim late in 3rd period 3-2 getting pretty much outplayed and yet Wild end up scoring 3 straight goals in two minutes and its game set match. Everything going right in Minny this season. This is year IMO they beat Chicago is my prediction and get to the Cup finals....we'll see.

Old
01-21-2017, 11:47 PM
Kahuna Nanu
top10 anime betrayal

vCash: 50
The thing with Boudreau is he takes slightly above average teams and makes them look elite in the regular season. That doesn't really work in the playoffs.

Great coach who has had some meh teams.

I'm convinced that he would have the Yotes in a playoff spot right now. He's very good imo.

01-21-2017, 11:51 PM
Anthony5967

We saw it with the Rangers. Same team for too long sometimes could be a negative. Tampa fans have said they need a shakeup and that this team is stale. Some are upset with Cooper, some are sick of Johnson and are waiting for him to walk and some have said Stralman has not been the same since the broken leg.

Old
01-21-2017, 11:56 PM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna Nanu View Post
The thing with Boudreau is he takes slightly above average teams and makes them look elite in the regular season. That doesn't really work in the playoffs.

Great coach who has had some meh teams.

I'm convinced that he would have the Yotes in a playoff spot right now. He's very good imo.
Totally agree with your comments tho I will say this. This Wild team is ALOT better than an above average team he inherited which gives me the feeling as I said that this really could be the year a Boudreau team breaks through and at worst makes it to Cup finals and with some puck luck wins it all.

This Wild team is really really impressive as they are getting breakout years from Niedereitter, Grandlund, Coyle combined with Eric Staal's year which has been incredible and likely is the comeback player of the year. Even guys like Pomminville, Parise and Koivu who have either been injured or not productive past few years are looking rejuvenated. Helps also that you have a Dubynk who might be the favorite for the Vezina.

Listen, still alot of time left but I really would be shocked beyond belief if they weren't the West's rep in the Cup finals....they are that good.

Old
01-22-2017, 12:03 AM
Maximus

I hate to say or admit this but Miles Wood of the Devils looks like he's going to be a really good player and pretty soon also. I think I might be picking him up in my long time keeper fantasy league Monday as I've seen enough of him now to think he's a keeper going forward. He's fast, great shot and he can fight as he showed vs Simmonds tonight.

OK I need a shower now that I complimented a Debbie player....lol

Old
01-22-2017, 12:08 AM
Maximus

Can't believe if anyone who has seen the Lehner save I talked about seeing live when it happened and which I posted here on this thread hasn't chimed in and said "Maxie..your right bro...that was the save of the year".

You guys holding out on me or what?......lol

Old
01-22-2017, 12:09 AM
Nick of Time
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony5967 View Post
We saw it with the Rangers. Same team for too long sometimes could be a negative. Tampa fans have said they need a shakeup and that this team is stale. Some are upset with Cooper, some are sick of Johnson and are waiting for him to walk and some have said Stralman has not been the same since the broken leg.
Players got too comfortable there. Johnson has actually been a liability this season, gives up the puck too easily and lost his speed. The only bright spots consistent all season were Hedman and Kucherov, and Kucherov is starting to enter a slump.

Old
01-22-2017, 12:09 AM
Kahuna Nanu
top10 anime betrayal

Quote:
Can't believe if anyone who has seen the Lehner save I talked about seeing live when it happened and which I posted here on this thread hasn't chimed in and said "Maxie..your right bro...that was the save of the year".

You guys holding out on me or what?......lol
yah i just watched the highlights

pretty nuts

it gets bonus points cuz it let the sabres beat the least likable team in sports

Old
01-22-2017, 12:10 AM
Kahuna Nanu
top10 anime betrayal

still ****ing pissed we lost to that team

Old
01-22-2017, 12:15 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

The most impressive part of that save for me is Kane getting right in Lehner's way at the last moment.

01-22-2017, 12:34 AM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna Nanu View Post
yah i just watched the highlights

pretty nuts

it gets bonus points cuz it let the sabres beat the least likable team in sports
still ****ing pissed we lost to that team[/QUOTE]

I so agree with you on both points. I still contend tho that the Habs would be our most attractive first round opponent of all the potential possibilities....just saying.

Old
01-22-2017, 12:35 AM
Kahuna Nanu
top10 anime betrayal

oh yeah i want to draw the habs simply because beating them would feel amazing

Old
01-22-2017, 12:36 AM
Maximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megustaelhockey View Post
The most impressive part of that save for me is Kane getting right in Lehner's way at the last moment.
For sure. That save is so awesome on so many levels that it's really hard to compare it to any of the other contenders for it to being the SOTY. But your right the part about Kane for most screening him makes it that much more terrific and memorable.

Closed Thread