HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anderson Acquired, Lalime Recalled.. lots of goalies!

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2006, 03:08 PM
c-carp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by concept
So this is sort of odd.. we not only called Lalime back up on reentry, but claimed Anderson off of waivers. Both are great transactions for the Blues.

But now what? Obviously Beckford-Tseu can be sent down to the AHL, but what will be done with Sanford? I honestly think Anderson is much better than Sanford.

Perhaps someone is going to be traded?
Possibly they already have a trade in the works for Lalime and the perspective buyer just wanted to see him face some NHL shooters again before they sign off on the deal. I dont think Sanford is going anywhere worst case scenario Lalime is put back on waivers, Sanford has looked just fine.

Old
02-01-2006, 03:11 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
More than likely it was the fact that Boulerice and Zigomanis were unavailable for the game Monday night and Shishkanov was - so he got called up to fill a roster spot until the guys from Carolina got here.
That would be my thinking, I thought he looked OK out there that game.

Old
02-01-2006, 03:59 PM
lemieux32*

Stole this from someone on another forum but it makes sense:

To paraphrase:
Lalime will either continue his solid play from Peoria and become trade bait or play poorly and get 5-10 games as Sanfords backup. Cash will be the #1 in Peoria when he is healthy (next week according to him) and B-T will be the #1 in Alaska so that they both get serious PT to develop

Old
02-01-2006, 05:24 PM
BlueBleeder

Sanford has looked pretty good the last few games. We were losing in shootouts instead of straight up losing. I think Sanford should have been the backup all year long with Divis gone, Cash and CBT in the AHL.

My hope is Barulin crosses the pond next year, and an open competition in camp and preseason for both NHL jobs.

Old
02-02-2006, 12:39 AM
IrascibleOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32
Stole this from someone on another forum but it makes sense:

To paraphrase:
Lalime will either continue his solid play from Peoria and become trade bait or play poorly and get 5-10 games as Sanfords backup. Cash will be the #1 in Peoria when he is healthy (next week according to him) and B-T will be the #1 in Alaska so that they both get serious PT to develop
There's only one problem with that scenario... Alaska doesn't have a #1 keeper. They have two, and they pretty much split games evenly. We'll be glad to have Becks back, for sure. He's been nothing less than stellar for us. Matt Underhill, our other #1, has a record of 21-5-1, a .925 save percentage and a 1.99 GAA. We're pretty well set.

Old
02-03-2006, 04:03 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Well, who didn't know that Anderson would end up right back where he started from, in a Blackhawks uniform...

Closed Thread