HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

I expect a trade soon

Closed Thread

Old
10-23-2003, 03:56 AM
onemorecup*

vCash: 500
I expect a trade soon

If Minny can`t come to terms with Gaborik in the next 2 weeks, I see
a trade here, especially if they keep losing . Nothing major but maybe
a Perreault ( WE PAY 1/2 salary) for a pick . The caps may start dismantling after yesterday`s deal with Konowalchuk, they have no d, we have some depth, a deal could be done there.

I also think Vancouver would be crazy to cave into Bertuzzi`s $ 8 mil a
year demands especially with the CBA looming. The owners would be wise to drop free agency to 28 , have more players available, the few
top end guys get their money , but the rest will be at home waiting.
These players got crazy money because their might only be 5 quality players available for 30 teams to chase, meaning OVERPAYING.
If you have 15 solid players, and 30- 40 decent to good players available , you may lose a 35 goal man but gain two 25 goal scores at
half the price your guy wanted in the first place.I like Bertuzzi but
has Guerin made Dallas any better( he could of been had thIS summer
as long as you took on his salary). This is where the problem is, the top end guy is way overpaid. Bertuzzi is not Forsberg, Lidstrom, Roy, etc
who have won cups, and hardware . Where was he in the playoffs last year. I would pass and offer what Jovo got, 5 mil a year. WHO IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THE CANUCKS, A 25-30 MINUITE HORSE DMAN OR
HIS 40 GOALS A YEAR. I think Burke says no for now. Minny proved last year if you work hard as a team you can be succesful without blowing your brains out .There is no way Burke will pay Bertuzzi and Naslund
16 mil to keep them both .

Old
10-23-2003, 04:55 AM
Habs4ever

vCash: 500
Minny plays defensive game and Perrualt is opposite of that so forget about

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeman
If Minny can`t come to terms with Gaborik in the next 2 weeks, I see
a trade here, especially if they keep losing . Nothing major but maybe
a Perreault ( WE PAY 1/2 salary) for a pick . The caps may start dismantling after yesterday`s deal with Konowalchuk, they have no d, we have some depth, a deal could be done there.

I also think Vancouver would be crazy to cave into Bertuzzi`s $ 8 mil a
year demands especially with the CBA looming. The owners would be wise to drop free agency to 28 , have more players available, the few
top end guys get their money , but the rest will be at home waiting.
These players got crazy money because their might only be 5 quality players available for 30 teams to chase, meaning OVERPAYING.
If you have 15 solid players, and 30- 40 decent to good players available , you may lose a 35 goal man but gain two 25 goal scores at
half the price your guy wanted in the first place.I like Bertuzzi but
has Guerin made Dallas any better( he could of been had thIS summer
as long as you took on his salary). This is where the problem is, the top end guy is way overpaid. Bertuzzi is not Forsberg, Lidstrom, Roy, etc
who have won cups, and hardware . Where was he in the playoffs last year. I would pass and offer what Jovo got, 5 mil a year. WHO IS MORE IMPORTANT TO THE CANUCKS, A 25-30 MINUITE HORSE DMAN OR
HIS 40 GOALS A YEAR. I think Burke says no for now. Minny proved last year if you work hard as a team you can be succesful without blowing your brains out .There is no way Burke will pay Bertuzzi and Naslund
16 mil to keep them both .

this trade, well I'm ready to make trade with caps but they seem to be rebuilding and they probably want to unload Jagr first who we can't afford to pay, but i'mm all ready to trade Briseboise if possible.

Bertuzzi is someone we should stay away from he'll be looking for big money and it'll probably cost us Komi, Zednik, 1st rounder which is just too much to pay if he signs for $10 M contract.

Closed Thread