HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Sports Media Thread III (TV, Radio, Print)

Old
01-21-2017, 02:06 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

vCash: 3165680
Official Sports Media Thread III (TV, Radio, Print)

continue here.

BE WARNED

Everybody keep their freedom of speech, political, gender, color and religious views to themselves or go to the Political Board.

10) Off-Topic Posting: Posts are to be on the topic of the board description where they're posted. Off Topic posts may be moved or closed at the moderators discretion. We do not allow homework threads. All political discussion is to be done on the Political Discussion Forum.

17) Moderator Abuse (Attacking/Disobeying the moderators): If you disagree with something the moderators did, fine, disagree and let us know, but do it politely through PM or email ONLY. Complaining on the forums is not permitted. If your thread or post was moved/closed/removed there was a good reason for it. Do not start a new one. Attacking or flaming a moderator via PM is subject to a Moderator Abuse infraction. Be respectful and considerate. Profanity and abusive conduct isn't tolerated.
Do not plead the first amendment and cite your right to free speech. It does not apply to the private sector. This is a privately owned website. Dancing around the rules, purposely skirting them just to see us twitch will not help you out much, either.

Do not post on behalf of someone who's banned. That will get you banned as well. The idea of being banned is that the banned member no longer is a part of this online community and is not allowed to interact here. No making threads that give glory to banned people. It's not a violation to mention the them in passing but no threads that focus on them. ("Ah, Troll du Jour, I miss him so!" or "Hey, it's Troll du Jour's birthday!"). Prohibited threads include "What banned member do you miss/would you bring back?" type of threads. If a moderator gives you a specific instruction in a warning, and you blatantly disregard it, you are subject to being banned.

continued from

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2067761

Fenway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2017, 02:15 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Here is video of Julien's news conference last night. Hags question is around 1:54 in.

It was the last question asked and Hags seemed embarrassed to ask it but given the black cloud hanging around the team it had to be asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
I'm not a fan of Haggs by any stretch, but what exactly does him asking that question do to make his arrogant? He's right. It's a story. It should have been the focus on the entire segment, IMO, because it's THE story. The loss to Chicago is whatever. The story is what is this team going to do with the coach. And you know what? It's on Neely and Sweeney for not putting an end to it either way by this point. It's absurd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
No I am fine with the question. It was his me macho man comment that no other reporter had the stones to ask it so he stepped up. I am sure the other beat writers loved that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkinaway View Post
I'm actually not fine with Haggs' question, because it was the wrong question at the wrong time. Empirically, there are better ways to phrase the question, and to time the question, to get a better, possibly more meaningful, response. (He literally got no response, so any other phrasing couldn't have been worse.). Seems like he could learn something from a professional interrogator...or a professional journalist. Julien knows he's on the hot seat, and nobody - not management, coaches, or players - talks about personnel decisions in front of the media before they're done. And after they're done, it's "always look on the bright side of life".

So, was Haggerty ever going to break a huge story - "Julien upset, tearful at prospect of being fired by the Bruins?" "Julien defiant, dares Sweeney/Neely to fire him?" No. It's an obvious question in two respects: obvious that people want it answered, but obvious that it's not going to be answered.

That is, not unless you have a coach who's prone to blow up. But Julien's not Jim Mora. He's not Tortarella. I mean, he's not Belichick, either, but c'mon. Was Haggerty trying to get an actual story with that question, or was he trying to be the story?

Well, he is the story, so...uh...congrats to him for being bad at his job and not getting the answer to a question, I guess.

Old
01-21-2017, 04:34 PM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

vCash: 500
Can't quote posts from the previous media thread, but yes, Lonnie, I did miss the part where he couched his "Rodgers is better than Brady," rather than ignoring it. And no, theRick67 I don't just hear Felger's voice and ignore the words. My point was never that Brady is better than Rodgers or that I'm upset anyone might even think that. My point was simply that Felger trolls for clicks and listens, despite my error in example. Thank you both for reminding me why people opt never to post.

08SeaBass08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2017, 04:37 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
Can't quote posts from the previous media thread, but yes, Lonnie, I did miss the part where he couched his "Rodgers is better than Brady," rather than ignoring it. And no, theRick67 I don't just hear Felger's voice and ignore the words. My point was never that Brady is better than Rodgers or that I'm upset anyone might even think that. My point was simply that Felger trolls for clicks and listens, despite my error in example. Thank you both for reminding me why people opt never to post.
He absolutely trolls fans of this area. I personally find it amusing that people still fall for it after all these years too. In regards to the AR stuff, he was absolutely talking about point in time though, and even if his green and yellow allegiance was showing, he was correct at that point. Whether it continues this week, we shall see...

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2017, 08:42 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08SeaBass08 View Post
Actually it is easy to do.

Go to the older thread and hit quote and then copy the code. Then come to the new thread and paste the code in.

Last edited by Fenway: 01-28-2017 at 03:10 AM.
Old
01-22-2017, 06:18 AM
08SeaBass08
Lucic and Chong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenway View Post
Actually it is easy to do.

Go to the older thread and hit quote and then copy the code. Then come to the new thread and paste the code in.
Cool. Thank you.

Last edited by Fenway: 01-28-2017 at 03:11 AM.
08SeaBass08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2017, 03:21 AM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Here is a Wayback Machine special.

30 years ago Sean McDonough was doing pre and post game for the Red Sox and Bruins on NESN and WSBK-TV38 saw something they liked.

To test him they gave him an assignment on a sport he knew nothing about and he obviously passed the test as a year later he would replace Ned Martin doing the Sox on TV38 with Martin moving to NESN.

The sport was dog racing

Old
01-28-2017, 01:49 PM
dabid

dabid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2017, 02:05 PM
chizzler

Tomase is unbearable. I didn't think he was a dink like this.

chizzler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2017, 09:13 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Roger being Roger again. Trying to control the narrative of coverage for your company never looks good, but don't let that stop you...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rstool-sports/

LSCII is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-31-2017, 11:41 AM
EverettMike

Not everyone, but overall the sports media in this town has sucked the last two weeks. So miserable. Who are they serving? Who enjoys misery when your team is in the Superbowl?

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 09:23 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Wow. What will happen??

Hnidy Hnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 11:23 AM
chizzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Wow. What will happen??

Boom!

Old
02-02-2017, 11:43 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery

Does this make them sister stations now like WEEI and WAAF are since they are both Entercom?

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 11:48 AM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
Does this make them sister stations now like WEEI and WAAF are since they are both Entercom?
Yes but for this merger to pass Federal muster they would have to sell off some stations to meet market caps.

Old
02-02-2017, 12:00 PM
chizzler

Quote:
Yes but for this merger to pass Federal muster they would have to sell off some stations to meet market caps.
Two sister stations talking about the same thing.

Old
02-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer
Rocket Surgery

Minihane can finally join the 98.5 ski team

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 12:42 PM
sarge88

Does this mean that the WEEI "Network" is included?

I know that when I drive in New England, once the WEEI signal fades, then I find one of their other stations.

sarge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge88 View Post
Does this mean that the WEEI "Network" is included?

I know that when I drive in New England, once the WEEI signal fades, then I find one of their other stations.
The network is not affected as Entercom does not own all those stations ( they do own Providence and Springfield.

Entercom has to sell off some stations in Boston as the FCC limits the number of stations one can own in a market. 680 AM and 850 AM are sure to be spun off but they will also have to sell off at least one and possibly 2 FM signals.

Nobody in the industry saw this one coming.

Old
02-02-2017, 01:27 PM
MattFromFranklin
#FireSweeneyandNeely

Quote:
Battle royale of hot takes to see which on-air personalities stay?

MattFromFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 01:56 PM
LucicIsABeast

Am I the only one who enjoyed that paolantonio interview this morning? Hilarious, and straight silence

LucicIsABeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 01:58 PM
FribbleLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucicIsABeast View Post
Am I the only one who enjoyed that paolantonio interview this morning? Hilarious, and straight silence
That was great!

FribbleLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Fenway
Global Moderator
Bruins Historian

In Boston, the cap is 8 stations, with a maximum of 5 on either band.

ENTERCOM
WRKO 680, WEEI 850, WEEI-FM 93.7, WKAF 97.7, WAAF 107.3

CBS
WBZ 1030, WBZ-FM 98.5, WZLX 100.7, WODS 103.3, WBMX 104.1

They would be 2 FM stations over the limit after the merger.

Old
02-02-2017, 02:22 PM
JRull86

Quote:
In Boston, the cap is 8 stations, with a maximum of 5 on either band.

ENTERCOM
WRKO 680, WEEI 850, WEEI-FM 93.7, WKAF 97.7, WAAF 107.3

CBS
WBZ 1030, WBZ-FM 98.5, WZLX 100.7, WODS 103.3, WBMX 104.1

They would be 2 FM stations over the limit after the merger.
Don't see them dropping a sports station, so you've gotta believe that WAAF and WODS are the odd ones out.

JRull86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 02:23 PM
rocketdan9

Anybody else sick of Haggerty... After one loss after a decent winning streak with alot of games left

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/h...fter-loss-caps

rocketdan9 is offline   Reply With Quote