HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread: Game 3 ----> Montreal Expos @ NY Yankees

Old
01-29-2017, 11:48 AM
My Velouria
roygbiv

vCash: 500
Romero looks like a beast now

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/01/28/r...ient-de-loin-1

Duvall seems like a really cool dude

Last edited by My Velouria: 01-29-2017 at 11:56 AM.
My Velouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 02:56 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
RDS' lack of coverage already being felt now that they don't have the rights for the game. Not a single article or video other than Day 1 of camp.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 03:15 PM
RRS

vCash: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Velouria View Post
Romero looks like a beast now

http://www.tvasports.ca/2017/01/28/r...ient-de-loin-1

Duvall seems like a really cool dude

A mother's dream

RRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 03:29 PM
Emanresu Wen

Didn't know the Africa cup was this condensed. Oyongo played the quarter finals yeaterday, then the semis in 4 days, then the finals 3 days after (or 3rd place the day before finals).

Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 03:33 PM
JunglePete

Romain Alessandrini will sign with the LA Galaxy. That's a big news. Only thing they need now is JDS to replace Stevie G and play with his brother.

JunglePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 05:17 PM
penaltykiller

I really hope that one day the Impact will built a great reputation and be seen as the "gateway to America" by italians as well as French speaking players from around the world. We may not have the attractiveness that New York and Los Angeles might have , but I hope that we can use our strenghts to our advantage.

penaltykiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 05:32 PM
Bask
Embellishing User

impact facebook page got hacked, don't click the link.

Bask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 06:49 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by penaltykiller View Post
I really hope that one day the Impact will built a great reputation and be seen as the "gateway to America" by italians as well as French speaking players from around the world. We may not have the attractiveness that New York and Los Angeles might have , but I hope that we can use our strenghts to our advantage.
The Impact are still young in the MLS, and have already built ties with Serie A players and french speaking players. Nesta, Di Vaio, and Drogba no doubt put the Impact on the map. That is why there are so many rumors linked to us out in Europe.

Mix that with De Santis having connections in Argentina and it seems like the Impact are heading in the right direction.

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 06:58 PM
Emanresu Wen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bask View Post
impact facebook page got hacked, don't click the link.

MLS as well, same group, same message.

On another note, the US played Serbia today at home, drew 0-0. Well, I'm from Bosnia originally and I follow soccer all over Europe pretty closely, yet I didn't recognize one single Serbian player. The USNMT is baaaaaad

Last edited by Emanresu Wen: 01-29-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Emanresu Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 08:03 PM
Tylers Dad
Registered Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanresu Wen View Post
MLS as well, same group, same message.

On another note, the US played Serbia today at home, drew 0-0. Well, I'm from Bosnia originally and I follow soccer all over Europe pretty closely, yet I didn't recognize one single Serbian player. The USNMT is baaaaaad
Imagine if Serbia actually fielded their actual national team

Tylers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 10:44 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Sangria View Post
The Impact are still young in the MLS, and have already built ties with Serie A players and french speaking players. Nesta, Di Vaio, and Drogba no doubt put the Impact on the map. That is why there are so many rumors linked to us out in Europe.

Mix that with De Santis having connections in Argentina and it seems like the Impact are heading in the right direction.
Every MLS team seems to have connections in Argentina... a bit of an overrated statement. Plus, he didn't get anyone this off season. Connection my a$$

JunglePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2017, 11:27 PM
RRS

vCash: 60
The only hope I have is that the team gels from the beginning and we get a couple of good months while other teams are trying to find their groove. I'm really concerned about the depth at mid. Can Donadel and Bernier hold the fort? Is Bernardello good enough to compensate? Is our defence that good after what we saw last year? Will we go through another wasted year like 2014?

Maybe why Braz and Saputo came out with the 5 year plan after a conference final appearance, which is pretty weird, was to let the young guns get experience so that they have a better mix of ingrown players and outside products in a few years.

RRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 04:40 AM
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunglePete View Post
Every MLS team seems to have connections in Argentina... a bit of an overrated statement. Plus, he didn't get anyone this off season. Connection my a$$
Oh yah you're absolutely right! De Santis has never shown to have connections in Argentina . What a stupid comment.

EDIT: We have four Argentinians who can be in our starting 11!!

Old
01-30-2017, 10:17 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

For those interested, here's the "Cloud 9" package, 31% of rebate for tickets in the Ultras/1642 sections, and you have a pizza piece included every game!

It is roughly 26.45$ per game, which is a pretty good deal. What I like about taking tickets in the ultras section is that if some friends want to join my buddy and I who have season tickets, they'll be able to buy tickets and sit (I mean 'stand' ) by us all game long because there are no seats reserved.

If you still think that is expensive, a season ticket is ~20 bucks a game for the ultra section. Try to beat that entertainment per $ wise for an evening out in Montréal. It's a pretty darn good deal!

QuebecPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 03:53 PM
jason2020

There are plans for renovations on the stadium wifi will be added as well as boxes plus more details will come out in the next couple weeks.

jason2020 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 04:26 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason2020 View Post
There are plans for renovations on the stadium wifi will be added as well as boxes plus more details will come out in the next couple weeks.
Now it will take us seconds to look at the overall spendings and see how low we are on the list.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 06:21 PM
ArtPeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Macioretty View Post
Now it will take us seconds to look at the overall spendings and see how low we are on the list.
Sure, Atlanta and some other teams have been spending (or trading) a lot over the last two months.. but Atlanta still have yet to play one game. Orlando and NYCFC may have spent some big bucks but they also got some disappointing results. I don't care about how much IMFC is spending on players.. as long as the team shows up. Our 18 for the upcoming season isn't bad and I kinda like it but our depth is very thin.

ArtPeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 06:25 PM
Scandale du Jour
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 2066
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtPeur View Post
Sure, Atlanta and some other teams have been spending (or trading) a lot over the last two months.. but Atlanta still have yet to play one game. Orlando and NYCFC may have spent some big bucks but they also got some disappointing results. I don't care about how much IMFC is spending on players.. as long as the team shows up. Our 18 for the upcoming season isn't bad and I kinda like it but our depth is very thin.
This x1000.

The obsession many people have with how much we spend is very tiresome. It isn't about how much you spend, it is about HOW you spend your money.

That being said, this offseason has been very disappointing. None of our needs have been addressed.

Scandale du Jour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 06:27 PM
ArtPeur

also, this should be the thread title

ArtPeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 06:30 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Pura Vida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandale du Jour View Post
This x1000.

The obsession many people have with how much we spend is very tiresome. It isn't about how much you spend, it is about HOW you spend your money.

That being said, this offseason has been very disappointing. None of our needs have been addressed.
Something tells me that Camara will be (rightly) slotted at CB with Duvall as RB. It should help with our challenges in the air

Dzemaili will help the midfield halfway through, but we still lack Midfield Depth and secondary striker (although Oduro could fill that role with Romero playing wing).

Old
01-30-2017, 06:35 PM
My Velouria
roygbiv

Apparently Saputo had a press conference last week or something (????) and he said that the team still isn't profitable at all. I heard the soundbite on 98.5 just as I was pulling into my driveway. I didn't hear anything else so I don't even know for sure when he said this or what the context was. Anyone else hear it?

It's kinda sad if true.

My Velouria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 07:19 PM
habsfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Velouria View Post
Apparently Saputo had a press conference last week or something (????) and he said that the team still isn't profitable at all. I heard the soundbite on 98.5 just as I was pulling into my driveway. I didn't hear anything else so I don't even know for sure when he said this or what the context was. Anyone else hear it?

It's kinda sad if true.
So he paid 40 million for the team in 2012 and 5 years later its worth 135 million and selling out most games and he's still complaining!

habsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Tylers Dad
Registered Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
For those interested, here's the "Cloud 9" package, 31% of rebate for tickets in the Ultras/1642 sections, and you have a pizza piece included every game!

It is roughly 26.45$ per game, which is a pretty good deal. What I like about taking tickets in the ultras section is that if some friends want to join my buddy and I who have season tickets, they'll be able to buy tickets and sit (I mean 'stand' ) by us all game long because there are no seats reserved.

If you still think that is expensive, a season ticket is ~20 bucks a game for the ultra section. Try to beat that entertainment per $ wise for an evening out in Montréal. It's a pretty darn good deal!
Link?

Tylers Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 07:33 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan11 View Post
So he paid 40 million for the team in 2012 and 5 years later its worth 135 million and selling out most games and he's still complaining!
That doesn't mean it's profitable though. If he were to sell the team, I guess he'd turn in a profit.

ThaDevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2017, 07:37 PM
gelu88

Possible improvements to Saputo that i've heard + my personal dream list:

-Wifi everywhere.
-Heated grass for better quality in the spring and fall
-More TV screens to watch the game when in the concourses
-roof rigging and equipment for bigger Tifos for the Ultras
-better washrooms, more permanent fast food infrastructure, walls to closing off the concourses from the elements.
-removing benches in 1692, adding fences for actual safe standing

More major changes:
-enlarging the roof to cover more seats.
-An actual full 5000 seat stand on top of the north stands, similar to Moulson stadium a few years back.

That last one is actually reasonably possible to me, if not right now then eventually, because they said they are adding more suites. You can't do anymore on the other 3 sides, but you can on the North end since it's a very basic structure that is just sitting on the ground (and the entire stand of regular seats is also just on the ground, built into the side of the hill)

So building a bigger structure there is pretty straightforward.

But right now I only expect the basics. Spending big money can only happen if they know they can get a return on investment. That means knowing they can fill those seats and also being confident they can raise prices.

That's not the case yet, but it's happening soon. The key will be when we max out season tickets and have a waiting list. Then it'll make sense.

gelu88 is offline   Reply With Quote