HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XIX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Old
02-01-2017, 07:25 PM
major major

vCash: 500
Bryz isn't more insane than your average goalie. He's almost sane compared to some. But I think he's retiring, no?

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 09:06 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Bryz isn't more insane than your average goalie. He's almost sane compared to some. But I think he's retiring, no?
-ed not -ing.

retired.

Old
02-02-2017, 11:05 AM
The Old Guy
Who Are Those Guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie311 View Post
What does everyone think of getting Bryzgalov as back-up, if he were to come back?
He's got experience, and Bobrovsky probably wouldn't mind having him around either.
Maybe you are joking. Do you remember when Bobrovsky was the starter in Philadelphia? This was before they traded for Mason.

Bobrovsky was a young goalie with potential and Philadelphia went out and signed a suspect older goalie to a 9 year, $51 million dollar contract. It was like oil and water between the two.

It got so bad that the Flyers were forced to shed their young goalie, and retain their high-dollar head case. It worked out so well that in June of 2013, Philadelphia bought out the remaining 7 years of his contract.

"Bobrovsky probably wouldn't mind having him around" ????????

In my younger days, I would have gone bat-&%($ crazy on you for a statement like that. I would have questioned your sanity, and probably called you names.

Now, I'm just going to say that it is not possible for me to disagree with your idea any more than I do.

"Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" - Winston Churchill

The Old Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 02:15 PM
Cyclones Rock

When the Jackets play in Pittsburgh and it's not part of a multi game road trip do they bus or fly? I'll guess that they fly but I'd imagine it's almost a break even time proposition.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Speedy Sanderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
When the Jackets play in Pittsburgh and it's not part of a multi game road trip do they bus or fly? I'll guess that they fly but I'd imagine it's almost a break even time proposition.
Good question. This weekend, with a game the next night in Columbus, they'll want to get back as quickly as possible. I'd guess they fly as it would save over an hour. Three hour bus ride versus a 30 minute ride to the airport and another hour to board plane, get in the air and land in Cbus. Maybe if they didn't have to be back for a game the next day they'd bus home.

Speedy Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 02:33 PM
db2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy Sanderson View Post
Good question. This weekend, with a game the next night in Columbus, they'll want to get back as quickly as possible. I'd guess they fly as it would save over an hour. Three hour bus ride versus a 30 minute ride to the airport and another hour to board plane, get in the air and land in Cbus. Maybe if they didn't have to be back for a game the next day they'd bus home.
If they charter, I don't think they have to wait to board the plane? Could be wrong though, I haven't chartered any flights yet.

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 02:46 PM
goalie311

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Old Guy View Post
Maybe you are joking. Do you remember when Bobrovsky was the starter in Philadelphia? This was before they traded for Mason.

Bobrovsky was a young goalie with potential and Philadelphia went out and signed a suspect older goalie to a 9 year, $51 million dollar contract. It was like oil and water between the two.

It got so bad that the Flyers were forced to shed their young goalie, and retain their high-dollar head case. It worked out so well that in June of 2013, Philadelphia bought out the remaining 7 years of his contract.

"Bobrovsky probably wouldn't mind having him around" ????????

In my younger days, I would have gone bat-&%($ crazy on you for a statement like that. I would have questioned your sanity, and probably called you names.

Now, I'm just going to say that it is not possible for me to disagree with your idea any more than I do.

"Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it" - Winston Churchill
Thank you for not losing your **** on me, lol.

goalie311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Dr. Fire
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
Are you kidding me? They fly. This isn't the AHL, and they would probably rebel if they were asked to get on a bus.

Now, do I know this for sure? No. But I would bet my last dollar that they don't bus anywhere in the NHL. It is 1st class all the way.

Dr. Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 04:25 PM
PanarinDangles9

PanarinDangles9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 04:47 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
Are you kidding me? They fly. This isn't the AHL, and they would probably rebel if they were asked to get on a bus.

Now, do I know this for sure? No. But I would bet my last dollar that they don't bus anywhere in the NHL. It is 1st class all the way.
Pretty sure you'd be out of dollars

Philly to Jersey or New York is probably a bus trip-86 miles to Newark. Philly to NYC is 1:55 drive time-93 miles. Philly to DC is 136 miles. LA to Anaheim is a no brain bus trip. 3 NY area teams bus.

It's about time efficiency and not cost. A 2 hour bus trip is more efficient and less prone to problems/delays than a plane flight. A 3 hour bus trip might have the same long term efficiency.

https://www.nhl.com/lightning/news/l...ravel/c-605793

Last edited by Cyclones Rock: 02-02-2017 at 05:06 PM.
Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2017, 09:36 PM
EDM

Flights between Philly and NY are always, ALWAYS subject to delays due to the over-congested sky in the NE corridor. It is virtually impossible to get an on time flight between Philly and NY. Busses, very nice busses, are the rule in that situation.

EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2017, 09:23 AM
Heinze 57

Philadelphia and New York are a little over an hour by train same with Philly and DC and the teams will travel that way for those games.

All of our east coast cities are very close to one another.

Heinze 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2017, 12:30 PM
WubbaLubbaDubDub

vCash: 250
Probably more appropriate here, but I wouldn't mind the Jackets taking a shot at Marchenko.. I mean he can't be worse than Prout can he?

30 GP, 6 pts 12 PIM and +6 on the red wings. Kid might do well under a defensive scheme like ours.

WubbaLubbaDubDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-03-2017, 11:54 PM
Mac DeMarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoonesJenner View Post
Probably more appropriate here, but I wouldn't mind the Jackets taking a shot at Marchenko.. I mean he can't be worse than Prout can he?

30 GP, 6 pts 12 PIM and +6 on the red wings. Kid might do well under a defensive scheme like ours.
100% willing to take a flier.

Mac DeMarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2017, 01:10 AM
CBJWennberg10
It's Playoff Time

Quote:

Wings fans say he's slow. Don't see a reason to have him.

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2017, 06:36 AM
EspenK

Heard Rimer say they took a plane to Pittsburgh.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2017, 11:11 AM
PanarinDangles9

PanarinDangles9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2017, 12:54 PM
WubbaLubbaDubDub

vCash: 250
Watching the Flyers and Kings game and in the intermission Brian Lawton was raving about Provorov (for good reason) and then he goes on to say how he's playing 21-22 minutes a night and that's unheard of since Hedman...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh have you looked at Werenskis TOI? Hes good for 18-25 minutes/night

WubbaLubbaDubDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-04-2017, 12:58 PM
major major

Quote:
Watching the Flyers and Kings game and in the intermission Brian Lawton was raving about Provorov (for good reason) and then he goes on to say how he's playing 21-22 minutes a night and that's unheard of since Hedman...

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh have you looked at Werenskis TOI? Hes good for 18-25 minutes/night
Yeah I do think Provorov is playing slightly harder minutes than Werenski.

Occasionally Werenski will get sheltered a bit if the coaches see it fit, while that's not even an option in Philly. They don't have anyone to shelter him.

Old
02-04-2017, 02:29 PM
CBJfan44

Was looking at some stats earlier and found this to be a fun little stat....

Noah Hanafin 128 Games Played 37 Points
Zach Werenski 50 Games Played 31 Points

CBJfan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2017, 06:56 AM
pete goegan

From NBCSports:

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2017/02/03/...round-matchup/

Would be more epic if CBJ could return to December form!

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2017, 08:07 AM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post

They better at least approach the December form or it will be Montreal in the first round...assuming they even back into the playoffs.

EspenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2017, 09:00 AM
JacketsDavid

Quote:

Shows how little I've been paying attention to new playoff seedings. Assuming Washington keeps playing well and they lockup #1 seed. And assuming Pittsburgh gets 2nd. Leaves us to fight with Rangers for 3rd in division. If we get 3rd we get Pittsburgh. If we get #1 WC we get Montreal. We get #2 WC we get Washington. Jeez what a rough playoff bracket if we have to go through Washington and Pittsburgh.
Guess I would rather go thru Montreal.
Better yet get our buts in gear and stay in 2nd and have Pittsburgh at least have to play 4 games here.

JacketsDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-05-2017, 09:15 AM
major major

Quote:

That seems like a lot of respect from the media and from the Pens, who admitted that the game was on their minds. It's a good rejoinder to those that insist that the Jackets can't be the Pens rivals because they supposedly aren't good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EspenK View Post
They better at least approach the December form or it will be Montreal in the first round...assuming they even back into the playoffs.
For all the angst about the Jackets just playing .500 since the streak, it's still a pace that will get them about 100 pts. And the Rangers haven't been any better. It's good to know that Torts has the time to experiment and get the guys ready to play playoff hockey. Hopefully they don't wait too long.

It could be the Habs in the first round, I don't know, but that doesn't scare me. The Pens would be tough but that's a matchup I want to see. As long as they don't completely bomb down the stretch and have to face the Caps, I'm chill about it. The Caps just outclass the Jackets, it could be a quick dismissal.

Old
02-05-2017, 09:43 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
That seems like a lot of respect from the media and from the Pens, who admitted that the game was on their minds. It's a good rejoinder to those that insist that the Jackets can't be the Pens rivals because they supposedly aren't good enough.

For all the angst about the Jackets just playing .500 since the streak, it's still a pace that will get them about 100 pts. And the Rangers haven't been any better. It's good to know that Torts has the time to experiment and get the guys ready to play playoff hockey. Hopefully they don't wait too long.

It could be the Habs in the first round, I don't know, but that doesn't scare me. The Pens would be tough but that's a matchup I want to see. As long as they don't completely bomb down the stretch and have to face the Caps, I'm chill about it. The Caps just outclass the Jackets, it could be a quick dismissal.
You've captured my feelings on this subject perfectly. I'm just not worried about the latest stretch. It's a good thing in the long run. I would rather it happen now than April.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote