HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Interesting Info: Part XIX (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Old
02-14-2017, 10:03 PM
CBJWennberg10
It's Playoff Time

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBow3r03 View Post
Leafs broadcast reporting McElhinney will get the start tomorrow night... yikes. This should be.... fun.
Toronto also blasted the NYI 7-1. So yeah.

CBJWennberg10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 12:52 AM
punk_o_holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLBow3r03 View Post
Leafs broadcast reporting McElhinney will get the start tomorrow night... yikes. This should be.... fun.
I hope he gets a nice applaud by the fans. Guy was a team player that knew his role. With that said, I hope he loses.

punk_o_holic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 12:54 PM
The Old Guy
Who Are Those Guys?

vCash: 50
The Montreal Canadians and the Boston Bruins need to meet in a first round playoff match up.

The Old Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 08:55 PM
db2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
This isn't Jackets related, but the history of hockey in Columbus related.

California Golden Seals story told in new documentary

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/califor...140429470.html

I really want to see this because if anyone else on here remembers, Columbus was the minor league affiliate of the California Golden Seals for 2 years. As a matter of fact, it was the first minor league team in the city since the Columbus Checkers folded up shop. So, Charlie Finley, who owned both the California Golden Seals, and the minor league version here, was the guy that brought hockey back to Columbus. In the two seasons the Seals were a woeful 25-117-4. They only won 10 games in their second season, and that was the first season of Moe Bartoli's minor league coaching career here in Columbus. I went to many of these games, and even though these guys really were terrible, I loved watching them in the old barn.

Didn't that used to be your avatar picture?

db2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2017, 09:14 PM
MoeBartoli
Chex-to-Jax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fire View Post
This isn't Jackets related, but the history of hockey in Columbus related.

California Golden Seals story told in new documentary

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/califor...140429470.html

I really want to see this because if anyone else on here remembers, Columbus was the minor league affiliate of the California Golden Seals for 2 years. As a matter of fact, it was the first minor league team in the city since the Columbus Checkers folded up shop. So, Charlie Finley, who owned both the California Golden Seals, and the minor league version here, was the guy that brought hockey back to Columbus. In the two seasons the Seals were a woeful 25-117-4. They only won 10 games in their second season, and that was the first season of Moe Bartoli's minor league coaching career here in Columbus. I went to many of these games, and even though these guys really were terrible, I loved watching them in the old barn.

Enjoyed reading your post. Moe did indeed coach them early on, but it was actually the second time he was the coach of a Columbus team. He was the original coach (player-coach) for the Checkers and coached them the first several years. That was my team as a young fan and the reason I use his name on the Boards. I remember the old Colosseum well. I attended the first game - an exhibition game between the Checkers and the Chicago Blackhawks, the parent club, which gave me a chance to see Bobby Hull.

During their time as the Checkers, I probably attended 80% or more of their games. A close family friend did PR work for them so we were comped great seats and access to the team. Those were wonderfully fun evenings for this kid. I attended some Owls and Seals games afterward, but not as actively.

Last edited by MoeBartoli; 02-15-2017 at 09:36 PM.. Reason: Grammar corrections
MoeBartoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2017, 11:36 PM
BLBow3r03

Okay so I know this is entirely random but I was watching the Ducks game tonight and saw Jared Boll get some PP time when it was 4-1 panthers with a minute left in the game.

Boll is not gifted offensively and we all know that but I just checked his stats this season...
8 shots in 39 games.... EIGHT.

BLBow3r03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2017, 02:33 AM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Jackets are 5th in GF and 3rd in GA.

3rd in PP and 12th in PK

10th in shots/G and 15th in SA/G

F/O % is abysmal at 24th (47.9, still better than the Pens and Rags)

4th in the league in point %

Not toooooooo shabby.

Last edited by BoonesJenner; 02-19-2017 at 02:39 AM..
BoonesJenner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2017, 09:56 AM
Fro
Cheatin on CBJ w TBL

need to get better on PK...other than that...right on track

Fro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 03:26 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Dystopian Nightmare

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Jou...L-ratings.aspx

Jackets FSOhio Ratings have risen 110% this year. Given the general drop in RSN ratings due to cord cutting, that's phenomenal.

02-20-2017, 03:30 PM
CBJWennberg10
It's Playoff Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post

Jackets FSOhio Ratings have risen 110% this year. Given the general drop in RSN ratings due to cord cutting, that's phenomenal.
Wow thats awesome.

CBJWennberg10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2017, 09:31 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samkow View Post

I wonder how the Fox Sports Go app figures into this. It's a wonderful way (and the only way) to watch the CBJ via Apple TV or iOS when mobile.

Old
02-21-2017, 07:06 AM
gocbj

Seat Sizes

...just curious if people have noticed (because the STH reps have not / will not proactively acknowledge this fact)...the seats in the arena (not just Club vs. 200s but even in the same section) are very different in size (width) varying by as much as 5 inches in arm-to-arm inside width.

...just a "tidbit"

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 08:03 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
...just curious if people have noticed (because the STH reps have not / will not proactively acknowledge this fact)...the seats in the arena (not just Club vs. 200s but even in the same section) are very different in size (width) varying by as much as 5 inches in arm-to-arm inside width.

...just a "tidbit"
Yes, my two seats are clearly different sizes. On one of my seats the arm rests are about a 1.5" closer together then my other seat. If you are a smaller person you would never notice, but I can tell right away and that is why that seat is my wife's seat.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 01:31 PM
EdwardG
Let's Dance!

2nd round playoffs question... say Metro finishes Wash, Pit, NY, then Jackets as WC1. Say the Jackets beat their Atl conference foe in the 1st round. Would then they play the winner of Atlantic 2/3 while Wash (assuming they escape WC2) would play the winner of Pit/NY?

EdwardG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 01:43 PM
eljefe72

http://www.tsn.ca/preds-johansen-dis...ckets-1.676313

Does this mean we can boo Johansen when the Preds come to Columbus next year?

eljefe72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 03:04 PM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardG View Post
2nd round playoffs question... say Metro finishes Wash, Pit, NY, then Jackets as WC1. Say the Jackets beat their Atl conference foe in the 1st round. Would then they play the winner of Atlantic 2/3 while Wash (assuming they escape WC2) would play the winner of Pit/NY?
Yes, if we're 4th we get to escape the Metro!

major major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2017, 03:21 PM
Forepar

Quote:
Originally Posted by major major View Post
Yes, if we're 4th we get to escape the Metro!
You didn't say it...UNTIL THE CONFERENCE FINAL!!!!

I know you know...and you were not being superstitious. I am just having fun.

Forepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 07:18 AM
WerenskiRules

so when Sedlak is cleared to play....who sits? (it isn't going to be Bjork.....he's been terrific since coming back up)

Gagner...Calvert....Hartnell?

I'll say it's Anderson for 1 game, Torts was not pleased with his line change on the game winning goal Sunday night...after that I don't really know

thoughts?

WerenskiRules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 08:40 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJacketsFan4Life View Post
so when Sedlak is cleared to play....who sits? (it isn't going to be Bjork.....he's been terrific since coming back up)

I'll say it's Anderson for 1 game, Torts was not pleased with his line change on the game winning goal Sunday night...after that I don't really know

thoughts?
May not have to sit anyone depending on how things go at the trade deadline.

1857 Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 10:07 AM
Heinze 57

https://twitter.com/Aportzline/statu...86448421212160

My guess is Doug MacLean was not asked for his advice.

Heinze 57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 11:43 AM
major major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forepar View Post
You didn't say it...UNTIL THE CONFERENCE FINAL!!!!

I know you know...and you were not being superstitious. I am just having fun.
Quick asterisk to our discussion:
we've been presuming that finishing 4th in the Metro means playing a Montreal team that we match up well with. But the Panthers are finally healthy and will likely overtake them soon. They're a good team, I don't know how we match up with them, but they're better than we saw when we played a depleted version of them earlier in the year.

Old
02-22-2017, 11:46 AM
major major

Quote:

thoughts?
The three veterans you mentioned could either use some rest or sit for being ineffectual (in Gagner's case).

Anderson cost us their 4th goal but he also earned us our 1st - they don't give out tertiary assists but he won the puck on the wall (Anderson is good at that) to start the play.

Old
02-22-2017, 01:31 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:

thoughts?
Hartnell no goals 2 assists in last 11 games.

Gagne ZERO goals in LAST 26 GAMES.

Gagne is looking at a trip to Cleveland. Getting scratched for a game should be the least of his worries.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 05:52 PM
Forepar

Quote:
we've been presuming that finishing 4th in the Metro means playing a Montreal team that we match up well with. But the Panthers are finally healthy and will likely overtake them soon. They're a good team, I don't know how we match up with them, but they're better than we saw when we played a depleted version of them earlier in the year.
And Ottawa within 2 points of MTL as of this morning. Could be Florida, Boston or Ottawa and not MTL, so good point - who knows who the opponent will be if we finish 4th in Metro...
And we certainly didn't handle BOS very well this season!
I think WAS is the only team I want to avoid in the 1st round - they're fine until 2nd round!

My understanding is that if the WC's end up one from each division, they still crossover, with WCb matched against division winner with best record and WCa matched against the other division winner. I have no real preference on opponent. Just want to see CBJ finish strong, get in, get home ice if they can (for the fans, as I don't think home ice affects results in PO that much), just PLAY HOCKEY against whomever they tell us to play.

Forepar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2017, 09:18 PM
EdwardG
Let's Dance!

Quote:
The route through the Atlantic sounds a lot less painful than the Metro, but definitely need to watch what you wish for. I've seen plenty of instances in other sports where the playoff route I wanted ended up in a booby trap, and the Jackets haven't looked like a contender at any point in 2017 (except against the Pens and Rags). The Jackets couldn't even beat the Panthers team that had its 3 best players out as I recall.

EdwardG is offline   Reply With Quote