HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Say what you want about Brooks but he gets it today

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Edge's guess is good....

games currently are getting more physical. Teams in the west are playing a more physical style in the past. When you play a taem every other night, it becomes demanding, and inevitably gets chippy. I think we'll see March be physically demanding and teams really taking it to the Rangers, which will be indicative of what the playoffs will look like. This season has slowly migrated towards the more physical side, while keeping the speed.

Old
02-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Larry Melnyk

Obviously, I agree with Edge..I've been saying for a long time that we don't need a goon, we need a physical D-man and a physical forward that can play significant minutes if we want to combat the physicality problem which will become more and more evident....I'm just not sure it gets done this seasaon because the cost might be a little high for a rebuilding team (Do you guys want to give up Immonen or Baranka or Liffiton or??)...In the meantime, we have to realize that we are a finesse team, were built that way on purpose, and haven't done all that bad...Even if we don't solve the problems during the next month, we are still on the way and hould have no problem doing it in the off season if Renney doesn't think it is beneath him..

Old
02-02-2006, 05:00 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Well one thing we all can agree on is that this team needs to get tougher either by playing Orr-Hollweg, or getting a tough D-man/Nasty forward via trade.

Old
02-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
How do you know this? The playoffs may be an entirely different beast this year than in years past. I'd say go in without many changes (or minimal changes if they are cheap).
Because that many games in a period of time is going to take a toll on you no matter how "open" the game is. The playoffs, just like tournaments are always going to be about which team wears the others down, not necessarily who would win a skills competition. Teams pace themselves over an 82 game schedule, but playoffs are due or die and that will always remain a constant.

No one is saying the Rangers need to turn over 1/3 of their roster. But adding one or two players with some grit, if possible, will not disturb this dynamic. Replacing Jason Strudwick or Marian Hossa in this lineup with players who address a team need would not be a bad idea. That doesn't mean it's doable, it means it's there to think about.

Old
02-02-2006, 05:26 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken
How do you know this? The playoffs may be an entirely different beast this year than in years past. I'd say go in without many changes (or minimal changes if they are cheap).
totally totally disagree! whats is going to different? its the playoffs everything tightens up and gets defensively tougher, we don't have those players on this squad, who can bang down low we have a peremeter players, jagr is the bravest of the bunch! that's not a good argument. like i said i'm not calling for orr but i'am calling for players like fletch and tb called for! hell we don't even have a guy that sits in front of the net for christ sakes!

Old
02-02-2006, 05:38 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Colton Orr suiting up. Orr vs Godard is a given

Old
02-02-2006, 07:13 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
totally totally disagree! whats is going to different? its the playoffs everything tightens up and gets defensively tougher, we don't have those players on this squad, who can bang down low we have a peremeter players, jagr is the bravest of the bunch! that's not a good argument. like i said i'm not calling for orr but i'am calling for players like fletch and tb called for! hell we don't even have a guy that sits in front of the net for christ sakes!
For petes sake. IF the playoffs tighten up, so what? We are going to try to add toughness using what? Who is going to dish us a tough dman and a punishing power forward type without us giving up something substantial? No one. I don't see it happening, so why bother. Plus by many own admissions, this is not a playoff team perenially. Most of our forwards in the top 6 are gone next year. I can't possibly see us achieving this mythical perfection of a team and continuing the rebuild.

Am I completely wrong in that assumption?

Old
02-02-2006, 10:33 PM
KFC

I really like Vaclav Varada on the Senators... He can play and hes a got a real mean side, and last time i checked muckler was trying to move him, maybe sather would take a look at him.

Closed Thread