HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Ice Hockey Boot + Roller Hockey Chassis?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-02-2006, 02:51 AM
  #1
afterhours
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Ice Hockey Boot + Roller Hockey Chassis?

I used to combine the two when I was young, for example my favorite skate as a kid was my Mega Air 90's with a Motiv chassis.

I just started getting back into hockey (roller for now, ice later for you sticklers). With all the Hi-Lo stuff now, will combining an ice boot with the Hi-Lo chassis mess up things? I'd imagine the ice skate boot having a different platform degree than roller.

Anyways, to be more specific, I want the Nike Flexlite 12's with a roller chassis. Maybe I'll just get the Labeda Humer chassis that is 80-80-80-80 across.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

afterhours is offline  
Old
02-02-2006, 04:24 PM
  #2
sc37
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: OH-IO
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 700
I ain't got a clue, but I'm wondering if it works vice versa. I've kinda fallen in love with my roller hockey boots. They're made by Mission.

sc37 is offline  
Old
02-02-2006, 04:54 PM
  #3
bladoww
Team of the Future
 
bladoww's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 1,552
vCash: 500
I have the Tour Blue Max's with the Hum'er frame using all 80's. I couldn't stand having those huge 80's under the front of my feet so I switched to all 76's and all is well. If you get the Labeda frame that supports all 80's you may not be able to put it on any old boot.

The Tour boot I have has a recessed area upfront that allows the wheels to actually go into the boot, supposedly keeping the center of gravity low. That didn't fly with me at all, it felt WAY to high - plus I felt like I couldn't turn for crap with those big speed wheels. No matter how low you get - the bigger the wheel the less mobility you'll get. You will be fast as hell though. Just my 2 cents, but I wouldn't run all 80's, just go get awesome bearings if you wanna be faster.

I was also wanting to get a pair of Flite or Graf boots and mount a Labeda frame to it. Be interested to see if anyones done that. I do have a pair of CCM 455 Tacks with a Sure-Grip frame and have been using those for years - fit like a glove.

bladoww is offline  
Old
02-02-2006, 09:24 PM
  #4
IBleedOil247
Registered User
 
IBleedOil247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: E-Town
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,113
vCash: 500
I exchange my CCM Tack 952's with my Mission Hi Lo chassis all the time, I would actually recommend it, supreme comfort all year around!

IBleedOil247 is offline  
Old
02-03-2006, 03:22 AM
  #5
afterhours
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Quote:
I have the Tour Blue Max's with the Hum'er frame using all 80's. I couldn't stand having those huge 80's under the front of my feet so I switched to all 76's and all is well. If you get the Labeda frame that supports all 80's you may not be able to put it on any old boot.
That's a good idea. I was thinking about whether 80's across would be too big. It would be like a speed skate - great top speed with little mobility. Putting 76's across would be a great balance of both.

afterhours is offline  
Old
02-03-2006, 08:19 AM
  #6
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours
I used to combine the two when I was young, for example my favorite skate as a kid was my Mega Air 90's with a Motiv chassis.

I just started getting back into hockey (roller for now, ice later for you sticklers). With all the Hi-Lo stuff now, will combining an ice boot with the Hi-Lo chassis mess up things? I'd imagine the ice skate boot having a different platform degree than roller.

Anyways, to be more specific, I want the Nike Flexlite 12's with a roller chassis. Maybe I'll just get the Labeda Humer chassis that is 80-80-80-80 across.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.
I dont know about the specifics but I have done that in the past by combining CCMs with Labeda hi-lo chassis. Works fine but just make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to mount them! The very first time I had it done the guy totally BOTCHED it and misaligned one of the chassis and threw my groove way off before I took a look at it after the game. And they can only put some many holes on the bottom of the boot for rivets.

Tinordi24* is offline  
Old
02-03-2006, 12:59 PM
  #7
EazyB97
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 28,285
vCash: 500
Your good to go with the Hi-Lo conversions. The Flexlite 12's may need to be altered to fit the Hum'er chassis, but it can work. The all 80s usually hit the bottom of the sole on non-Tour skates, so that needs to be dremelled out. Tour ran a promotion earlier, and they altered the boots for you, and put on the chassis, Dynasty's (offered another wheel too) and bearings for $100 or so. It was a limited time offer, but may be back later.

I know the lower size Tour skates don't come with the 80's. Size 6 and possibly 7 come with 76 while the larger sizes are 80mm.

EazyB97 is offline  
Old
02-03-2006, 08:06 PM
  #8
afterhours
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EazyB97
Your good to go with the Hi-Lo conversions. The Flexlite 12's may need to be altered to fit the Hum'er chassis, but it can work. The all 80s usually hit the bottom of the sole on non-Tour skates, so that needs to be dremelled out. Tour ran a promotion earlier, and they altered the boots for you, and put on the chassis, Dynasty's (offered another wheel too) and bearings for $100 or so. It was a limited time offer, but may be back later.

I know the lower size Tour skates don't come with the 80's. Size 6 and possibly 7 come with 76 while the larger sizes are 80mm.
What if I went with the Flexlite 12's with Hum'er chassis, but 76's across? Would that hit the bottom of the sole?

afterhours is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:40 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.