HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brashear

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2006, 08:56 PM
bungle
Casual Observer

vCash: 500
Brashear

Am I alone in thinking that Brashear deserves some credit for the way he played tonight? He may not be the fastest guy on the ice and I know he has struggled with the downplay on fighting this season, but he made some decent passes tonight, scored a (disallowed) goal, drew a penatly to give us a late PP and took a great backhand shot at Lundqvist which kept the puck in front of the net and ten seconds later Richards scored...I mean, am I going crazy here or did Brashear contribute more tonight than Nedved?

Old
01-30-2006, 09:04 PM
TheKingPin

Brashear rocked. He played a great strong game today. If he keeps that up, hitting, shooting, passing and hustling then he deserves a role on the second line. I thought Nedved plaed well though.

Old
01-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Edd3987

Brashear is so worthless it doesn't matter how good he played. Add that to the fact that he was offsides as always and not only does he miss the puck in front of the net but he dropped his stick too. He is a complete drain on the team and needs to be removed. What good is having an enforcer if he never enforces? Taking dumb penalties everytime he decides to try and act tough is extremely negative.

Old
01-30-2006, 09:13 PM
bungle
Casual Observer

I am talking about TONIGHT. He didn't take any penalties this evening, he actually drew one.

Old
01-30-2006, 09:13 PM
DeleteThisAccount

This was the best game I've seen him play in a long, long time. He had a little bit of everything; a great pass, a wicked backhander to help setup the tying goal, unbelievable forechecking at times, and he actually drew a penalty late in the game. All while keeping up with the tough stuff. Very good game by Donald.

Old
01-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Holy crap the bipolarity is ridiculous. Brash is a sack of crap but maybe that's because we're looking at him in the wrong sense. He's not an enforcer, hasn't been for some time. He's been put in the role of "worlds hugest aggitator" and he does that well when someone lights a fire under his ***. He showed it tonight, when he is motivated he resembles a hockey player and not a tree stump on ice.

Old
01-30-2006, 09:54 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
The line with him, Richards and Savage was the best line on the ice

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
Old
01-30-2006, 10:27 PM
Flyers845

Tonight he showed everyone some good stuff. But let's not get to crazy. Still 4th line material.

Old
01-31-2006, 12:32 AM
markzab

Send a message via AIM to markzab
Gm (46)

+/- (-2)

Pm (61)

Flame on but I really don't think he's been all that bad this year. I've watched as people have continuously ragged on him for being a b-tch, a waste, etc. He's a 4th liner. Do people really expect more out fo him? Fighting is down this year and I think what happened was that Hitch and management went to Brash before the season and asked him to call it quits on his fighting. He's on pace for his lowest penalty totals for like a decade. He's averaging less than 1 penalty per game so it shows he's calmed down. I've seen a LOT of players with a much worse +/- with almost 2 times the amount of PIMs so far this season. Some could argue that he can't get the minus sitting in the box but that wont work anymore considering his diminished penalty count.

We need someone to rag on and the obvious choice is Brashear. I think some people just miss the fights and now find him useless. Has he made mistakes? Yes. Every player does when they're trying to adjust (not fighting anymore). Is he ever gonna be a great player? No. I just don't think he deserves all the sh-t we've given him thus far.

That's just my humble opinion.

Old
01-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Vikke
ViktorAllvin twitter

vCash: 685
One good game doesn't make up for 45 bad ones.

Old
01-31-2006, 12:37 AM
BloodOnTheIce

yeha brash played a good game

5 good games out of 82, hell that is worth while.

good lord, who cares if he had a good game

if you squeeze poo long enough you may find a peanut.

Old
01-31-2006, 07:35 AM
MojoJojo

Brashear does not get credit for his play. The only thing people think of him is that he is a goon who doesnt fight and tat he is overpaid (which he probably is). He is pretty good with the puck actually. He cant seem to score, but his passing and puck handling are quite decent. He plays physical even if he doesnt fight, and is a very difficult guy to play against.

Once those OLN announcers got their ****s out of Jagr's ***, they commented that the line of Savage-Richards-Brashear was probably the Flyers best Vs the Rags. I dont quite agree because while Savage can generate lots of chances, he rarely seems to finish. The point though is that they were the only line that was consistently bringing it to the Rangers: hitting, working, digging loose pucks, sustaining offensive pressure. Brashear was a pretty big part of that.

Old
01-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Coburnfan05

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0flyers
Am I alone in thinking that Brashear deserves some credit for the way he played tonight? He may not be the fastest guy on the ice and I know he has struggled with the downplay on fighting this season, but he made some decent passes tonight, scored a (disallowed) goal, drew a penatly to give us a late PP and took a great backhand shot at Lundqvist which kept the puck in front of the net and ten seconds later Richards scored...I mean, am I going crazy here or did Brashear contribute more tonight than Nedved?
I will give credit where credit is due. He was one of the best Flyers on the ice tonight. That being said he has a long way to go for him to stop being the whipping boy. He has more talent then people recognize but for him to be worthy of a roster spot he has to do the following with consistency.

1)Stop taking dumb penalties
2)He isn't Steve Nash stop making the no look passes (ok he connected last night, but there have been countless turovers form his blind passes).
3)Play Physical every shift.
4)At least drop the gloves more then Richards.

Old
01-31-2006, 08:27 AM
facts

I agree he was really good last night. I thought that he was a leader in this game, it was interesting watching him last night. He had several good dump ins, finished every check, drew a penalty and nearly scored on that incredible back hand. He definately played well last night.
Quick couple of questions though- Why is Eager not hitting and skating like he was during his earlier call up? Is he scared or tentative because he doesn't want to take a penalty?
And what is Stevensons role on this team. I am sorry but he looks terrible- slow poor decision making and just a lack of skill to compliment a line or help this team.

Old
01-31-2006, 08:55 AM
RoDu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodOnTheIce
if you squeeze poo long enough you may find a peanut.

Old
01-31-2006, 09:27 AM
i am dave

That line played exceptionally well. I just have reservations on giving Brian Savage credit for not cashing in on any chances. Did he not have at least 6-8 extremely quality chances? At some point the man has to put the puck in the net or else get his minutes cut.

Old
01-31-2006, 02:40 PM
Steve L*

He played very well but his job is to stop Flyers from getting injured by cheap shots, if he does that then I dont mind him on the team but I never want to see him turn another cheek when a Flyer goes down.

Old
01-31-2006, 03:19 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
he made a good pass in the montreal game too. i dont mind his game most of the time but 1.8mil is too much. if he was making 500k hes be sweet.

Old
02-01-2006, 09:43 AM
bungle
Casual Observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L
He played very well but his job is to stop Flyers from getting injured by cheap shots, if he does that then I dont mind him on the team but I never want to see him turn another cheek when a Flyer goes down.
That's a good point. There have been a few times this season when a Flyer has taken a hit, and I have been disappointed when no-one has reacted. Like when Erik Cole hit Kim Johnsson from behind in the Hurricanes game. Someone should have been on Cole's *ss for that. I guess seeing Brashear playing well is not such a good thing if it means we have lost our enforcer as a result.

So who else can we rely on for that? Eager?

Old
02-01-2006, 11:53 PM
FlyersFanJS

Richards and Eager are capable enforcers to a certain extent, both are tough guys. I was a huge fan of Brashear the player before the lockout, but unfortunately the times have changed. He just cannot be very effective in the new NHL. He played well against the NYR, but this season the bad has far out-weighed the good from him. Let Eager and Richards get into the few scrums we see, they can also play.

Old
02-02-2006, 03:35 AM
Steve L*

Id rather Richards doesnt fight and Brashear should be protecting his teammates and not harming the Flyers when hes on the ice, anything more than that is a bonus.

Old
02-02-2006, 08:05 AM
Dr Love

Brashear played a hell of a game against the Rangers. I wonder if it's just pure coincidence with Hatcher being named captain, or if there's some connection there. Probably not, but if there is, oh man, an inspired Brashear is a force, as we all know.

Old
02-02-2006, 09:48 AM
leavedomileave*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
The line with him, Richards and Savage was the best line on the ice

agreed

Old
02-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Edd3987

Worst. Player. Ever.

Old
02-03-2006, 04:51 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd3987
Worst. Player. Ever.
Did you mistake this for a Therien thread?

Closed Thread