Notices

Lessard v Tjarnqvist

Closed Thread

Old
02-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Starsdude

vCash: 500
Lessard v Tjarnqvist

I think it is time to give Junior a chance. There is little scoring on the 3/4 lines and Mattias shows no offense at all at the nHL level. (Not sure how he was apoint agame guy in Iowa). Junior had agoal here in only 5 games and showed a willingness to go to the net. I think his defense was more than adequate in very limited playing time. I would like to give Junior ashot now for 10-15 games or so just to see what we have

Old
02-02-2006, 08:58 PM
Kevin Wey

Here in Iowa, it's hard to believe that Tjarnqvist has so little to show for his skill. To start the season, he was, by far, the most skilled player. Despite Lessard's points recently, I'm not certain I'd say there's anything Lessard does better than Tjarnqvist. I'll give Lessard credit for taking lot of shots, but...Tjarnqvist is the faster skater, the better stickhandler...

Nothing wrong with giving Lessard another shot, he'd certainly appreciate the opportunity. I think he can be a contributing third or fourth line player in the NHL. He's pretty willing to venture into traffic to score goals. Even though he ventures to get the puck himself, he's much better when he has a playmaker like Toby Petersen with him. (Petersen is the heart and soul of the forward corps in Iowa.)

In the long-term, Tjarnqvist and Lessard are only third or fourth liners anyway. (Only...) Here in Iowa, the way things are going right now, Eriksson is the only one who looks like a future second liner.) Vojtech Polak is gold using his backhand in shootouts, but...other than that, lately...he really benefitted from playing on the first line to start the season, but now the shoes have switched and Eriksson is the one with confidence.

Old
02-12-2006, 09:38 PM
raganblink

yeah, polak seems like he is only good for shootouts. at the beginning of the season he was a stud, ever since november he has gone down hill. imo id keep lessard in des moines, for atleast another year with toby peterson and loui erikkson. the JoLT line is the main scoring drive for the stars, and we wont be much of a threat in the AHL next year if we dont have them all.

Closed Thread