HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Observations XV

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Montross
Sheltered

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mypetrobot View Post
The point being if we are one win away why would you blow up the franchise, but the preds are trending better except the PP.

But it's done and over. Worrying about the current roster I'd how much better ask how the preds play their hand.

I said before josis' concussions makes him liable. He's not the Crosby equivalent on defense and he's one hit away from retirement. He's gonna get the skinner treatment if he hasn't already
So trading Weber for Subban was blowing up the franchise? LOL ok whatever. Fun fact: last year the Preds were 24-18-8 through 50 games. This year? 24-18-8. Franchise blown up indeed.

Old
02-03-2017, 10:30 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
So trading Weber for Subban was blowing up the franchise? LOL ok whatever. Fun fact: last year the Preds were 24-18-8 through 50 games. This year? 24-18-8. Franchise blown up indeed.

After reading that "blowing up" post I was going to post the exact same thing above, almost word for word, but you beat me to it.

Even better, after 51 games, we are now BETTER than last year's record at the same time. And as has been pointed out before, we have a better record this year despite being absolutely killed by injuries and other adversity, unlike last year.

Old
02-03-2017, 10:39 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
The franchise that spent how many millions on a offer sheet?

Time will tell how successful this lineup is. Weber took them to game seven. We'll see how PK does this year.

Old
02-03-2017, 10:41 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post

After reading that "blowing up" post I was going to post the exact same thing above, almost word for word, but you beat me to it.

Even better, after 51 games, we are now BETTER than last year's record at the same time. And as has been pointed out before, we have a better record this year despite being absolutely killed by injuries and other adversity, unlike last year.
Word for word? Doubt it

Old
02-03-2017, 11:22 PM
Adz
Eudora Wannabe

Quote:
The franchise that spent how many millions on a offer sheet?

Time will tell how successful this lineup is. Weber took them to game seven. We'll see how PK does this year.
Would it have been okay if it had been Philadelphia spending that money and then trading Shea for PK after they'd gone to Game 7 of the second round? I think the answer to that question is yes. The fact that you spent x amount of money in the past doesn't mean squat if you think another player will serve you better. Players are commodities at the GM level.

Old
02-03-2017, 11:24 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Would it have been okay if it had been Philadelphia spending that money and then trading Shea for PK after they'd gone to Game 7 of the second round? I think the answer to that question is yes. The fact that you spent x amount of money in the past doesn't mean squat if you think another player will serve you better. Players are commodities at the GM level.
The owner of the preds isn't the owner of NBC.

I'm so glad you love to spend others people money.

There is real money at the end of the day.

I can flash stats on the first 43 games like other posters but the point But who wants facts! THIS season they appear to be better with PK or Josi.

Last edited by Mypetrobot: 02-03-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old
02-03-2017, 11:30 PM
Preds33

Quote:
The owner of the preds isn't the owner of NBC.
Your point being? If the owners of the Predators are ok spending their money this way, what does it matter to you? It isn't your money, it's theirs.

This would be like anyone being critical of you based on what kind of car you buy or based on what kind of food you buy.

Old
02-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Your point being? If the owners of the Predators are ok spending their money this way, what does it matter to you? It isn't your money, it's theirs.

This would be like anyone being critical of you based on what kind of car you buy or based on what kind of food you buy.
Kinda of my point there guy. You love to spend other people's money.

Considering the preds ownership group isn't NBC. They can't just drop 50mil to a defenseman and trade him away.

So please tell me more how to spend other people's money.

Old
02-03-2017, 11:38 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:

I wouldnt buy a 110 mil car over 14 years and then trade it in after I paid 80 million after the first 6 years and pay 9 million more after the trade.

Old
02-03-2017, 11:39 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Kinda of my point there guy. You love to spend other people's money.

Considering the preds ownership group isn't NBC. They can't just drop 50mil to a defenseman and trade him away.

So please tell me more how to spend other people's money.
How am I spending other people's money here? All I said is they are free to spend it as they wish as it's their money. Seems more like you are the one spending other people's money the way you are being so critical of them. I'm not going to come in here and be critical of you because you may shell out for some significant upgrades on a car or home because it's not my place to tell you how to spend your money. It's your money and you will spend it as you please just like the team owners. If they are happy about it, what does it matter to you?

Old
02-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
How am I spending other people's money here? All I said is they are free to spend it as they wish as its their money. Seems more like you are the one spending other people's money the way you are being so critical of them. I'm not going to come in here and be critical of you because you may shell out for some significant upgrades on a car or home because it's not my place to tell you how to spend your money. It's your money and you will spend it as you please just like the team owners. If they are happy about it, what does it matter to you?
Again you have no concept of fiscal responsibility.

You admitted you don't care. No sense of carrying a conversation.

Bye Felicia.

Old
02-03-2017, 11:46 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Again you have no concept of fiscal responsibility.

You admitted you don't care. No sense of carrying a conversation.

Bye Felicia.
It isn't that, you say Comcast can but the Preds owners can't. If it isn't responsible for one, it isn't responsible for either. Just because Comcast has more money in the bank doesn't mean it is all of a sudden a responsible thing to do and just because Comcast owns the team doesn't mean they have an open budget.

Old
02-03-2017, 11:49 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
It isn't that, you say Comcast can but the Preds owners can't. If it isn't responsible for one, it isn't responsible for either. Just because Comcast has more money in the bank doesn't mean it is all of a sudden a responsible thing to do and just because Comcast owns the team doesn't mean they have an open budget.
Why do you think the shea weber offer sheet happened ?

Judas, owners know.

Old
02-03-2017, 11:53 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Why do you think the shea weber offer sheet happened ?

Judas, owners know.
And the owner at the time that happened is dead now so that point is irrelevant.

Old
02-03-2017, 11:56 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Quote:
And the owner at the time that happened is dead now so that point is irrelevant.
Not when it was signed.

Old
02-04-2017, 07:05 AM
PredsV82
Fancy Stats Denier

vCash: 242
I wonder if anyone has ever got a concussion from facepalming? I think I might need to go to the quiet room after reading this last page

FFS peeps, I hated the Weber trade, but we are WINNING now, so lets just see what happens

02-04-2017, 09:02 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I wonder if anyone has ever got a concussion from facepalming? I think I might need to go to the quiet room after reading this last page

FFS peeps, I hated the Weber trade, but we are WINNING now, so lets just see what happens
I just woke up to this and I don't get the point either. At least we're not talking about Fiala any more and what a failure he is so there's that.

Old
02-04-2017, 09:16 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

Ran through a sim on Strat again, this time adding the players we have (Zolnierczyk and McLeod and such) and doing a small adjustment with Saros.

We have the exact same record - 58 points.

Through 52 games, we would have a record of 26-20-6.

Major differences:
  • RyJo leads the team with 52 points (17-35).
  • Josi is tied for the lead with 52 (13-39)
  • FF9 has 21 goals.
  • The Waived One had 20 points in 52 games.
  • Fish is 9-4-13 in 49 games
  • Arvy only has 5 goals and 2 assists in 36 games.
  • Rinne has a 19-16-3 record with 2.87 GAA and .906 SV%
  • Saros still only has four games, but is 2-2 with a 1.76 GAA.

Facebook - @jwhouk
Where I'd really rather be right now

Old
02-04-2017, 09:37 AM
Preds33

Old
02-04-2017, 09:40 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Don't understand this in the least.

Old
02-04-2017, 09:45 AM
drwpreds

Yep- that is odd. I am just guessing they weren't planning on playing Saros until next weekend, so this is just to get him some starts in Milwaukee.

Was kind of hoping to see Saros in there tonight- oh well.....

Old
02-04-2017, 09:54 AM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
Yep- that is odd. I am just guessing they weren't planning on playing Saros until next weekend, so this is just to get him some starts in Milwaukee.

Was kind of hoping to see Saros in there tonight- oh well.....
Something weird. Preds play Red Wings on the same day the two teams minor league teams play each other. Per the Admirals' twitter folks it looks like Saros vs Jimmy Howard tonight in the AHL.

Old
02-04-2017, 09:56 AM
INDhockeyfan

I was hoping they would play Saros every 3rd game but looks like they want him to play a couple of games in Milwaukee before coming back next weekend.

Old
02-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

Quote:
Let me be absolutely clear: This is ****ing stupid.

Old
02-04-2017, 10:26 AM
King Weber

vCash: 50
Rinne's been hot lately and they wanna ride it out until he's not so hot again. Meanwhile you have Saros starting instead of warming the bench.

Makes sense to me.

Closed Thread