HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2016/17 Tank Thread Part II: R.I.P Tank

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-10-2017, 10:30 PM
  #101
Jetabre
Laine to the Jets
 
Jetabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Winterpeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,249
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumzan View Post
On pace for 78 points, same as last year...6th place baby!
Get 2nd pick again, get one of Patrick/Hischier.

Jetabre is offline  
Old
02-10-2017, 10:41 PM
  #102
JetBlue420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eagle Creek Drive
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,377
vCash: 500
78 points this year looks like bottom 5. We are actually 4th worst in the league currently

JetBlue420 is offline  
Old
02-10-2017, 10:58 PM
  #103
JohnnyJet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Last year we won a bunch of meaningless games at the end too. If we don't do the same this year we'll be sitting even better.

JohnnyJet is offline  
Old
02-10-2017, 11:02 PM
  #104
JetBlue420
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Eagle Creek Drive
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,377
vCash: 500
I think 3rd 4th 5th and a much needed D man either liljegren valimaki or heiskanen helps us more

JetBlue420 is offline  
Old
02-10-2017, 11:03 PM
  #105
ducky
Registered User
 
ducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,573
vCash: 500
It is really embarrassing that a team with this much talent is this bad.

ducky is online now  
Old
02-10-2017, 11:17 PM
  #106
Bryzgalovs Cat
Easy 2 points
 
Bryzgalovs Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 1,577
vCash: 505
Can we hit a home run with #31OA this year? Preferably a defenceman?

Bryzgalovs Cat is online now  
Old
02-10-2017, 11:35 PM
  #107
Channelcat
Registered User
 
Channelcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,879
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
It is really embarrassing that a team with this much talent is this bad.
Its disgusting and predictable.

Channelcat is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 12:17 AM
  #108
JetsFan815
It can't be done :(
 
JetsFan815's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 7,817
vCash: 500
Not only losing but losing disgracefully. Just embarrassing, esp if you read the tank threads other teams who were expected to be bad. Remember last year when they made a run in the last 4 games of the season in garbage time and many here were saying that the Jets had finally turned the corner. I better not hear that again when they make their inevitable run in garbage time this season


Last edited by JetsFan815: 02-11-2017 at 12:42 AM. Reason: typo
JetsFan815 is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 01:21 AM
  #109
JohnnyJet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Remember last year when they made a run in the last 4 games of the season in garbage time and many here were saying that the Jets had finally turned the corner. I better not hear that again when they make their inevitable run in garbage time this season
Very good point. We all thought WSE was an unstoppable line and the future after their finish last year, and then this season they featured maybe in a handful of games together..

JohnnyJet is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 03:52 AM
  #110
Andreas Ferrari
Dale is the GOAT!!!
 
Andreas Ferrari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: WinnerPeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
Jet Tank 2017☻/︻╦╤─
▂▄▅ Thread /▌ ██▅▃▂
I███████████████████]
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤

Andreas Ferrari is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 06:57 AM
  #111
supersonic jet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,187
vCash: 50
All aboard!

supersonic jet is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 08:04 AM
  #112
Mbraunm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
It is really embarrassing that a team with this much talent is this bad.
Horrible coaching

Mbraunm is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 08:53 AM
  #113
fkdog
'Noo'
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Winnipeg, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 1,685
vCash: 5797
the losses are getting 'awh shucks' casual again. Good news for the tank. Bad news for my happiness overall lol.

fkdog is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 10:25 AM
  #114
Board Bard
Dane-O-Mite
 
Board Bard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,992
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetabre View Post
Get 2nd pick again, get one of Patrick/Hischier.
If I had second pick I'd set up a bidding war with the teams that have 3, 4, 5, 6. Snag their best young D prospect (or two, or maybe a goalie instead of the second one) and use their pick on the best D available. And ask them politely if they'd mind if we borrowed their coach.

Board Bard is online now  
Old
02-11-2017, 10:48 AM
  #115
csk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Board Bard View Post
If I had second pick I'd set up a bidding war with the teams that have 3, 4, 5, 6. Snag their best young D prospect (or two, or maybe a goalie instead of the second one) and use their pick on the best D available. And ask them politely if they'd mind if we borrowed their coach.
The problem is that Liljegren might go around 2-3, while most of the other D seem to be valued around 10-15

csk is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 10:57 AM
  #116
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by csk View Post
The problem is that Liljegren might go around 2-3, while most of the other D seem to be valued around 10-15
Yeah, but Zinger will have a hunch about one of them. Chevy will proclaim they had him rated higher than Patrick, and how ecstatic they were to see him available at #5 or whatever. So, is there a big, low scoring defenseman in the first round rankings this year?

nobody important is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 10:58 AM
  #117
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,316
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
It is really embarrassing that a team with this much talent is this bad.
Two line team with 4 D and below average goaltending, this is actually what you get!

sipowicz is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 11:01 AM
  #118
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsFan815 View Post
Not only losing but losing disgracefully. Just embarrassing, esp if you read the tank threads other teams who were expected to be bad. Remember last year when they made a run in the last 4 games of the season in garbage time and many here were saying that the Jets had finally turned the corner. I better not hear that again when they make their inevitable run in garbage time this season
The Jets turning the corner...


nobody important is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 11:04 AM
  #119
bluefan
Registered User
 
bluefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 50
Hopefully the losses keep piling up before they go on their usual useless late season win streak.

Watching the team save face year after year is getting sad.

bluefan is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 11:15 AM
  #120
sipowicz
The Original
 
sipowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,316
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefan View Post
Hopefully the losses keep piling up before they go on their usual useless late season win streak.

Watching the team save face year after year is getting sad.
Six seasons in and your team is 4th from last, you think even with sheer luck the team would be better than this.

You have a GM who can pick the obvious 1st round pieces when he is drafting with a top ten pick every season but later rounds give him problems, cant assess talent, can't make trades, well at least he quit playing the waiver wire!

Real masterpiece you have here Chipper!

sipowicz is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 11:37 AM
  #121
JohnnyJet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Speaking of defenders, how has Stanley's progression been this year?

JohnnyJet is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 11:47 AM
  #122
Bryzgalovs Cat
Easy 2 points
 
Bryzgalovs Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 1,577
vCash: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
Speaking of defenders, how has Stanley's progression been this year?
He had surgery not too long ago. Progress wasn't groundbreaking.

Bryzgalovs Cat is online now  
Old
02-11-2017, 11:48 AM
  #123
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sipowicz View Post
Six seasons in and your team is 4th from last, you think even with sheer luck the team would be better than this.

You have a GM who can pick the obvious 1st round pieces when he is drafting with a top ten pick every season but later rounds give him problems, cant assess talent, can't make trades, well at least he quit playing the waiver wire!

Real masterpiece you have here Chipper!


Chevy: So, umm... when are we going to sit down and talk extension, Mark?
Chipman: (Must. Not. Speak.) Mmmphh!

nobody important is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 12:01 PM
  #124
broinwhyteridge
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,642
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlue420 View Post
78 points this year looks like bottom 5. We are actually 4th worst in the league currently
#progress
#nearlyperfect

broinwhyteridge is offline  
Old
02-11-2017, 12:08 PM
  #125
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17
Registered User
 
DEANYOUNGBLOOD17's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,936
vCash: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlue420 View Post
78 points this year looks like bottom 5. We are actually 4th worst in the league currently
12 wins and 13 loses in our last 25 games gets us to a 78 point season.

On the Bright side if we win out (LOL) ....... we will end up with a 104 point season.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. @2017 All Rights Reserved.