HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bulis

View Poll Results: What should we do with him?
Trade him while his value is high! 8 10.39%
Give him line #1 ice time with Koivu and Ward. 18 23.38%
Keep him with Juneau and Dackell 23 29.87%
Fit him in the top 2 lines 28 36.36%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-21-2003, 06:00 PM
habitants9_4

vCash: 500
Bulis

This guy needs to play on the top 2 lines, hopefully with Koivu and Ward!

Ward needs a chance, and Koivu and Bulis will redeem defensively on all the errors.

Bulis needs some mates to score, Juneau and Dackell doing well with him, but hes really looking good offensively. He's gotta be on the top 2 lines!

Koivu obviously needs top 2 line time, he is going to do great with Ward to give him room, and bulis's hustle.

The second line should consist of:
Ryder Ribeiro Zednik.
Hossa ain't cutting it in my books for top 2 lines. You gotta go with who's hot, and this will only improve their respective numbers.

Perreault with Sunny or Hossa on the left and Audette on the right.

Depending on the team (Philly and Boston needs Langdon) but Kilger/Hossa/Sunny/Langdon/Begin with Juneau Dackell

ANYWAYS! Don't you think Bulis should have been a star against Detroit! He created so many oppurtunities!
What do you think we should do with him?

Old
10-21-2003, 06:26 PM
hockey_nut

i say give him the ice time on the 1st with Koivu... but not Ward... unless we're showcasing Ward to trade him.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:29 PM
Mackee

I wouldn't complain if he's moved up to the 1st line.

If it weren't for the great chemistry that Ribeiro and Zednik have, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bulis-Koivu-Zednik line back together.

Since that won't be happening, a first line of Bulis-Koivu-Ryder looks really good to me. Size, skill and scoring all together.

Old
10-21-2003, 06:46 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I am not a fan of Bulis on the 1st line. I think he's a great skater and he's got great speed, plus he's solid in his own end, but after that I don't think too much of him. He gets his chances due to his speed and skating, but I'd like to see Koivu get a sniper on his wing.

I think Bulis is a very good 3rd liner, but I don't see him as a 1st liner. Then again Koivu can make anyone better, and we don't have a lot of choices at LW, so I guess he will end up there.

Maybe Ryder Koivu Audette instead. Bulis does have chemistry with Zednik, so maybe he could take Hossa's spot but I don''t know if I like that idea either.

Old
10-21-2003, 07:15 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I am not a fan of Bulis on the 1st line. I think he's a great skater and he's got great speed, plus he's solid in his own end, but after that I don't think too much of him. He gets his chances due to his speed and skating, but I'd like to see Koivu get a sniper on his wing.

I think Bulis is a very good 3rd liner, but I don't see him as a 1st liner. Then again Koivu can make anyone better, and we don't have a lot of choices at LW, so I guess he will end up there.

Maybe Ryder Koivu Audette instead. Bulis does have chemistry with Zednik, so maybe he could take Hossa's spot but I don''t know if I like that idea either.
On another team I would agree with you that he would be a perfect third liner, at this point anyhow because he does have room to grow The problem with Montreal is that their third line consists of Juneau and Dackell, guys who simply have no offensive game anymore. Imagine Bulis on a line with guys who could finish or actually make it to the offensive zone at the same time as him, for example guys like John Madden, Peca, Mike Fisher etc..

Currently in Montreal he is being wasted on the third line and is killing any chance that he can further develop. The thing is you can always move him back. Right now he is the best option along side Koivu.

Old
10-21-2003, 10:05 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
this guy give all he can each game .. i dont see the point of trading him...
even if he dont score a goal this year i would keep him...
he bring us intensity and speed + good defense..

Old
10-21-2003, 10:17 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge
I wouldn't complain if he's moved up to the 1st line.

If it weren't for the great chemistry that Ribeiro and Zednik have, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bulis-Koivu-Zednik line back together.

Since that won't be happening, a first line of Bulis-Koivu-Ryder looks really good to me. Size, skill and scoring all together.
how about these lines?

Bulis Koivu Ryder
Ward Riberio Zednik
Hossa Juneau Dackell
Sundstrom Begin Langdon

i have exempted Perreault, Audette and Kilger

Old
10-22-2003, 12:37 AM
Marksman

I think Bulis compliments Juneau and Dackell perfectly... those two are good at playing defensive at neutral zone breaking up plays, and Bulis has speed to counter. Eventhough he shoots much more than he used to, hes not a sniper type, but he can move to puck to the offensive zone and keep it there for the next shift to create scoring opportunities. Besides it seems top two lines are already crowded... especially after Koivu returns.

Btw. Has any of you ever wondered if Bulis wears lipstick on game days. :p

Old
10-22-2003, 05:02 AM
BigM1ke

Bulis hasn't a scoring touch so let keep him with Juneau and Dackell.. All 3 are playing amazingly well together!

Old
10-22-2003, 08:12 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Totally desagree... the checking line need the grit and speed of Bulis... He is a perfect fit for Juneau... The checking line is very effective with Bulis there while he would'nt have the same efficiency on the first line for the reasons Montreal has stated! Bulis does'nt have great offensive instinct, is'nt a finnisher but does have the skills and defensive mind to be an excellent third liner!
He is not a perfect fit for Juneau, it is painfully obvious when watching the Toronto game. A third line needs to be able to counter meanwhile being able to shut down opposing teams. This line cannot do it very effectively because Juneau and Dackell can't keep up. You can't counter with one guy in the offensive zone. Yes he excels in this role, good players can do this, the question is can he be any thing more, and plunking him on a third line with Juneau and Dackell will all but kill any chance he has at building on last year.

Last year Bulis was developing a scoring touch, kind of reminds you of a guy named Richard Zednik who has slowly over the years developed his scoring touch, frankly because he has had the chance to play along with good players and good playmakers.

He isn't a great finisher, but actually does have good offensive instincts. On this team, not any other team, he is better suited along side Koivu because of team needs, and for his own well being.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:01 AM
oli500

I would really like to see a Ryder Koivu Bulis line. This line in my opinion well be incridible. Even if Bulis dosent have the scoring touch he can compliment this line very well with his speed. We would have two lines with great talent that can score on any given day.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:47 AM
Y2CARE

Put him on the 2 first line or trade him with a young players for a big forward.

Old
10-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Breenger

Hey, Bullis is allready playing on our top line. If you don't believe me, then why does his line get more ice time than any other? Look at the game vs. Detroit. Bulis got 16:17(a team high for forwards) of even-strength ice time. compare this to the wingers who are supposed to be on the left side of the two top lines: Hossa 10:57, Ryder 10:23. Bullis is preforming very well and I think these numbers are a just testament to that. Bullis is our best 2-way LW, and I see no reason to move him to another line to make one of our "scoring" lines maginally better, while sacrificing our #1 checking line.

Old
10-22-2003, 11:29 AM
Y2CARE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breenger
Hey, Bullis is allready playing on our top line. If you don't believe me, then why does his line get more ice time than any other? Look at the game vs. Detroit. Bulis got 16:17(a team high for forwards) of even-strength ice time. compare this to the wingers who are supposed to be on the left side of the two top lines: Hossa 10:57, Ryder 10:23. Bullis is preforming very well and I think these numbers are a just testament to that. Bullis is our best 2-way LW, and I see no reason to move him to another line to make one of our "scoring" lines maginally better, while sacrificing our #1 checking line.
Bulis play on the 3rd line with Juneau and Dackell. He have more ice time cause he play on the penalty killing. I agree is one of our best two way player but Bulis have the potential to play on the top 2 lines in the NHL.. anyway we have too many players and some of them have to go.

Old
10-22-2003, 11:42 AM
Breenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2CARE
Bulis play on the 3rd line with Juneau and Dackell. He have more ice time cause he play on the penalty killing. I agree is one of our best two way player but Bulis have the potential to play on the top 2 lines in the NHL.. anyway we have too many players and some of them have to go.
I said EVEN-strength ice time, not total ice time. If you want to see the stats for yourself, check out the Habs offical site (www.canadiens.com). or follow this link: http://www.canadiens.com/eng/stats/r...fm&gameID=5111

Old
10-22-2003, 06:27 PM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
You obviously don't see the same games...

The checking line is actually almost perfect playing the new system... However, Juneau and Dackell need the fresh legs of Bulis to be so much effective... They contain the opponents' best line plus add some points and create nice scoring chances game after game...

Personnally I really don't think Bulis will become the player Z is... For the only one reason that he does'nt has the offensive instinct Z has!!
You are missing my point entirely. Of course Bulis can play the third line, I have NEVER disputed that, but the fact is on Montreal he would be more useful alongside Koivu. Just my opinion. Again the defensive part of that line is not the problem, it never has been.My honest opinion, you could put Kilger alongside Juneau and Dackell, and they too would get the job done defensively. The problem with Bulis is this line is stagnating Bulis. The only offensive chances this line is getting is the ones Bulis creates by himself with his speed. Juneau and Dackell cannot counter, its ridiculously obvious.

And don't make the ignorant comment like saying I don't see the same games, frankly coming from the guy who made the judgement of Ryder based on three or four games, that speaks for itself. Thats such a typical response when one cannot come up with a legitimate argument or uses ambigous statements like he lacks hockey sense, or doesn't have offensive instinct. Those kinds of points sound good and can make you pass as if you know something, but really add no insight whatsoever.

Maybe we should leave it at this. You think at 25, Bulis is done growing, has no offensive instincts, no scoring touch, see no potential in him left although he is just entering his prime, and instead of seeing if he could build on last year like he deserves, you would rather kill any possibility.

And I see a guy with untapped potential, and at the very least give him an opportunity to see if he has even more to offer. He went from a depth player in training camp last year to our best two way forward, I just don't get why people around here don't even want to at the very minimum, let him see if he can build on last year. Nothing like writing off a player because its a convenient solution.

Old
10-23-2003, 05:02 AM
Blades 0f Steel

As the old adage goes: "don't fix what ain't broke".

He's gifted offensively, but can't finish. That makes him a great 3rd liner. I really wish we'd be satisfied with what we've got, instead of pegging him to be a scoring winger (likewise, Ryder).

Now if he goes on an offensive tear, that's a different story...

Old
10-23-2003, 05:23 AM
HABitude

I've been posting this proposition line of Bulis-Koivu-Ward for weeks now.
Keeping the 2 first lines that already works fine untouched is a guaranty of success. In the non-written book of sport: don't break a thing that works.
If you break the Ryder-Perreault-Audette line to put Ryder with Koivu, you make these 2: Perreault-Audette become mediocres. The same if you take off Zednik from Ribeiro, Rib will become marginal and no impact on the game. We are very lucky that CJ have found a perfect match to make produce Perreault, Audette, and Ribeiro. Not so long ago, we were ready to trade them for a bag of pucks, their value was close to zero.

On the other hand, I think Koivu is good enough to generate enough offensive with:
Bulis (who is the fastest skater in the team, he deserve a chance with Koivu)
and
Ward (who is a clone of Ryder, give him the chance and you'll see the results)
This line would be very good in checking also because of the speed they have.

There will be no problem with the pure defensive line if Bégin replace Bulis on left wing. Bégin skates fast and have enough NHL experience. The basic chemistry of that line is Juneau-Dackell anyway.

So, if we take a look at the line-up, we have good 3 offensive lines and one pure defensive line. I this isn't the dream of any NHL coach?

On the Ribeiro line, if Hossa doesn't perform, Kilger can take his spot. Of course with the addition of Langdon, we have 2 forwards extra. Gainey will have to make a trade.

I say at least give this theory a chance. If it doesn't work after 5 games, then change and create the ultimate best first line with Rydre-Koivu-Zednik. But by creating that line, you break 2 lines that had good chemistry. I say 3 is better than 2 or 1.

Old
10-23-2003, 06:44 AM
Brownies

Bulis is already playing on the fist line with Juneau and Dackell...

Old
10-23-2003, 10:26 AM
habitants9_4

I mean

Play him on a scoring line. Like what Dallas has done with Jere Lethinen.
A great two-way player.

Closed Thread