HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2017 Blue Bombers Thread Part I

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-07-2017, 10:23 AM
  #1
YWGinYYZ
Mod Supervisor
 
YWGinYYZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,099
vCash: 50
2017 Blue Bombers Thread Part I

Continued from: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=2125349

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 10:46 AM
  #2
LadyJet26
BACK TO BACK CHAMPS!
 
LadyJet26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,129
vCash: 50
Seasons this year!! Can't freaking wait

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 11:21 AM
  #3
Guardian17
Strong & Free
 
Guardian17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,140
vCash: 500
When is the draft?

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 11:29 AM
  #4
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian17 View Post
When is the draft?
All I can find is that it's sometime in May. Our picks (stolen from the Bombers board):

Round 1 - 1st and 6th overall
Round 2 - 6th (15 overall)
Round 3 - 5th (23rd overall)
Round 4 - No Picks
Round 5 - No Picks
Round 6 - 6th (51st overall)
Round 7 - 6th (60th overall)
Round 8 - 6th (69th overall)

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 02:43 PM
  #5
bustamente
Registered User
 
bustamente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 58
Schedule is out, looks like plenty of Thursday/Friday games both home and away in the 1st half of the schedule. Bye on the first week and open the season at the toilet bowl.

bustamente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 07:15 PM
  #6
hexrae
Registered User
 
hexrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Peg City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,587
vCash: 50
Darrin Bauming tweeted that the draft is May 7th.

hexrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 07:37 PM
  #7
LadyJet26
BACK TO BACK CHAMPS!
 
LadyJet26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,129
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamente View Post
Schedule is out, looks like plenty of Thursday/Friday games both home and away in the 1st half of the schedule. Bye on the first week and open the season at the toilet bowl.
Always in the 1st half. No one goes to weekend games in the summer because they're all at the lake

LadyJet26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-07-2017, 07:56 PM
  #8
Jets
All hat, no cattle.
 
Jets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,199
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
All I can find is that it's sometime in May. Our picks (stolen from the Bombers board):

Round 1 - 1st and 6th overall
Round 2 - 6th (15 overall)
Round 3 - 5th (23rd overall)
Round 4 - No Picks
Round 5 - No Picks
Round 6 - 6th (51st overall)
Round 7 - 6th (60th overall)
Round 8 - 6th (69th overall)
We're a rowdier crowd over there

Jets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 01:56 PM
  #9
bustamente
Registered User
 
bustamente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 58
Absolutely huge signing by the Bombers in bringing aboard Tristian Okpalaugo, bookend we needed with fantastic numbers he had a few years back.

bustamente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 02:45 PM
  #10
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamente View Post
Absolutely huge signing by the Bombers in bringing aboard Tristian Okpalaugo, bookend we needed with fantastic numbers he had a few years back.
Great signing!

puck stoppa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 02:50 PM
  #11
kanadalainen
The spruce returns
 
kanadalainen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: The 100th Meridian
Country: Canada
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamente View Post
Absolutely huge signing by the Bombers in bringing aboard Tristian Okpalaugo, bookend we needed with fantastic numbers he had a few years back.
Will really go well with Westerman.

kanadalainen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 03:19 PM
  #12
Evil Little
Registered User
 
Evil Little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 4,261
vCash: 1837
Probably just a cute story about saving Okpalaugo's mum, but this is the second big time (international) FA who's stated that O'Shea's presence is a big reason for signing.

On the radio during awards week Medlock said he "would have loved" to stay in Hamilton but the prospect of playing for MOS was too great to pass up.

Evil Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 03:31 PM
  #13
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
\_(ツ)_/
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YTH
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,390
vCash: 50
Awards:
Question: how long does a CFL team hold the rights to a player they've drafted? Is it indefinite?

Guessing Holden knows the definitive answer to this.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 03:32 PM
  #14
Tom ServoMST3K
Eff the DH
 
Tom ServoMST3K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Just off 75
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,934
vCash: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
All I can find is that it's sometime in May. Our picks (stolen from the Bombers board):

Round 1 - 1st and 6th overall
Round 2 - 6th (15 overall)
Round 3 - 5th (23rd overall)
Round 4 - No Picks
Round 5 - No Picks
Round 6 - 6th (51st overall)
Round 7 - 6th (60th overall)
Round 8 - 6th (69th overall)
What a terrible trade for toronto, considering Winnipeg was dropping Willy this offseason no matter what.

Tom ServoMST3K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 04:13 PM
  #15
bustamente
Registered User
 
bustamente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom ServoMST3K View Post
What a terrible trade for toronto, considering Winnipeg was dropping Willy this offseason no matter what.
Their stupidity is our gain.

bustamente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 05:00 PM
  #16
puck stoppa
Registered User
 
puck stoppa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,471
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamente View Post
Their stupidity is our gain.
No kidding. This is the one year I havent really followed the prospects as much but there are a few that played in the States that always seem to be a risk as you don't know if they are a risk to flee for the NFL. Senior and Ankou are those two guys, OL and DL, but Im not sure if Ankou is a DT but if he is then that we be someone Id target. Maybe they go for OL Gray from the Bisons, Im sure they'd see much of his games live as opposed to on film.

puck stoppa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 05:07 PM
  #17
BigZ65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Question: how long does a CFL team hold the rights to a player they've drafted? Is it indefinite?

Guessing Holden knows the definitive answer to this.
It is indefinitely.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 05:55 PM
  #18
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Question: how long does a CFL team hold the rights to a player they've drafted? Is it indefinite?

Guessing Holden knows the definitive answer to this.
I have never seen the CFL CBA so I couldn't say for sure, but it is indefinite as far as I know.

However it seems to be that lots of players that go down to NFL and stick around for more than 2 years don't want to come back up to the CFL. I guess they feel they've made enough money. Players like Jesse Palmer, Nick Kaczur, Danny Watkins, etc.

A guy like Muluamba would be an unknown if he ever wants to come up north at this point after his success with Packers and he's still bouncing around down there.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 07:35 PM
  #19
BigZ65
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
I have never seen the CFL CBA so I couldn't say for sure, but it is indefinite as far as I know.

However it seems to be that lots of players that go down to NFL and stick around for more than 2 years don't want to come back up to the CFL. I guess they feel they've made enough money. Players like Jesse Palmer, Nick Kaczur, Danny Watkins, etc.

A guy like Muluamba would be an unknown if he ever wants to come up north at this point after his success with Packers and he's still bouncing around down there.
If someone qualifies for the NFL pension the chances of them coming north with no prior CFL experience is slim. Sometimes they are getting insurance payouts for injuries too.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2017, 08:15 PM
  #20
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
\_(ツ)_/
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: YTH
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,390
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZ65 View Post
If someone qualifies for the NFL pension the chances of them coming north with no prior CFL experience is slim. Sometimes they are getting insurance payouts for injuries too.
Good point. So if Mulumba sticks with the Raiders or another NFL team - provided he's on the active roster/IR/PUP for minimum 4 games - he'll apparently (I'm trusting my quick Google research here) qualify for an NFL pension.

I guess that probably explains why there's been zero notion of Christo Bilukidi joining the Blue and Gold.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 01:39 PM
  #21
tbcwpg
Registered User
 
tbcwpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,518
vCash: 500
Bombers get Drake Nevis in free agency (defensive tackle). Position of need for them.

tbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 01:56 PM
  #22
bustamente
Registered User
 
bustamente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 58
Bombers also extended Suhk Chungh early this morning, Nevis signing is that big run stopper we need.

bustamente is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 02:28 PM
  #23
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbcwpg View Post
Bombers get Drake Nevis in free agency (defensive tackle). Position of need for them.
Still hoping Jamaal Westerman convinces his brother to sign here (I haven't seen word that Jabar has signed). Big National starting DT would be a coup for the Blue and Gold. Still hoping Denmark returns to shore up receiving corps and Lafrance is brought in to supplement Harris at RB.

However the question marks remain at QB for me. We enter the year with Nichols #1 and Davis #2 we are in for a bad bad time.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 02:35 PM
  #24
nobody important
Won'tGetFooledAgain
 
nobody important's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: a quiet suburb
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustamente View Post
Bombers also extended Suhk Chungh early this morning, Nevis signing is that big run stopper we need.
Remains to be seen if he will be that big run stopper in our defensive system.

nobody important is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2017, 02:58 PM
  #25
bustamente
Registered User
 
bustamente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,052
vCash: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody important View Post
Remains to be seen if he will be that big run stopper in our defensive system.
This guy is the fire hydrant this defensive needs, our defence from last year is a distant memory.

bustamente is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.