HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A positive thread!

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Gump_Wamsley

vCash: 500
A positive thread!

The team is hurting, we the fans are hurting. Post your best memory of a Habs game you either saw live, or watched. Whether it was a meaningless game that just made you feel good, or game 7 of that Hartford series when Claude Lemieux became good old Claude. Whether you were at a bar, or at home, or at work and heard it on the radio. If you were at a Habs game, or watching with friends, met your future wife or lost all your money on the same night....just post something positive.

I'd like to hear those stories right now, something positive. Maybe we can create a little magic of our own. Maybe that magic can translate to a great end of the season. Maybe I've watched the X-Files too much. But post.......share some memories.

I'll post mine later, i have to log off for now. Get thinking peeps.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:24 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump_Wamsley
The team is hurting, we the fans are hurting. Post your best memory of a Habs game you either saw live, or watched. Whether it was a meaningless game that just made you feel good, or game 7 of that Hartford series when Claude Lemieux became good old Claude. Whether you were at a bar, or at home, or at work and heard it on the radio. If you were at a Habs game, or watching with friends, met your future wife or lost all your money on the same night....just post something positive.

I'd like to hear those stories right now, something positive. Maybe we can create a little magic of our own. Maybe that magic can translate to a great end of the season. Maybe I've watched the X-Files too much. But post.......share some memories.

I'll post mine later, i have to log off for now. Get thinking peeps.

For me it's the 1993 playoffs serie again the Nordiques. Winning the Stanley cup was nice too!

Old
02-03-2006, 12:28 PM
YEMELIN74

Send a message via MSN to YEMELIN74
for me it was the 3rd game of the mtl vs bos series 2 years ago... the habs win and it was the first time i was attending a playoff game....

Old
02-03-2006, 12:30 PM
klaudius

I remember walking to the Montreal Forum on a snowwy day in January with my father to see the Habs play the Sabres...We won 5-2.

I guess that's why I love Atwater street so much...

k

Old
02-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Mo

You're way too positive Beatnik

I was at the last game at the Forum..... was a great night - very cool..... I was only 15 but still etched in my memory.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Gros Bill

Way back when, in 1971 (?), in the playoffs. Habs in Boston, down 5-2 in the second, came back to win the game 7-5. Sweet!

Old
02-03-2006, 12:33 PM
mcphee

Hard to single out 1. 1965 was the 1st Cup I remember, Beliveau and Duff scored early in g7 and they beat Chicago 3-0. I remember not being able to sleep and the old man telling me it was because I was too excited and he had the same problem.

1971 was the best cup run for me. Last Saturday, at the Cages, my friend and I observed how it was different for us, the young guys at the table hadn't seen 12 runs like we had. I remember 1971 like yesterday, Henri Richard blowing up at Al McNeil in the finals. Henri scoring the tying and winning golas in g7, Lemaire's goal from centre, Dryden stoning Boston and Chicago, Espositi staring upwards after another Dryden save, g2 in teh Boston series coming back from being 5-1 down and winning 7-5. I remember holding on to win against a tough Minnesota team, Marc Tardif fainting when Don Awrey had him in a chokehold, Frank Mahovlich playing for the CH, Beliveau's last run.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:35 PM
LePoche69

In no particular order :

Habs-Red Army 3-3 tie
Jacques Lemaire's overtime goal against Boston for the cup win
Lemieux' goal against Hartford
Stephane Richer 49th and 50th goals for his first 50th goal season, in the last game of the season (a two goal game against Buffalo)
Habs' "comeback-from-2-games-behind" against the Nordiques in '86
The "vendredi saint" comeback win against the Nordiques
A certain Roy glove save against Calgary in 86 final
Roy's "Clin d'oeil" against Los Angeles in 93
Desjardins' Hat trick in 93
Leclair's "almost-wrap-around" overtime goal against Los Angeles in 93

Old
02-03-2006, 12:36 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Way back when, in 1971 (?), in the playoffs. Habs in Boston, down 5-2 in the second, came back to win the game 7-5. Sweet!
Fading minds think alike. Funny, I can see the 3rd period goals. Without looking it up somewhere, Belveau [2] Lemaire,Fergy, The Big M ? Shame, I can't remember what I go the store for though.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:41 PM
Habitants

well ill post some great memories i have from this season:

i was at the Ottawa MTL game on Dec 20, i asked my Father if he could get tickets for any game all season, that game was the one i wanted to see the most! so he got the tickets and i went. we were down 3-0, and i was like at least we haev free food (dejardins seats) but then we won the game in shootout, that was the best hockjey game i ever saw pretty much.

Also at a game this yeah Jan 14 with a good ol buddy of mine vs San Jose. before the game we wnet to the gift shop and my buddy bought a Markov Bobble head. Habs were down 1-0 after 20min, and in the second the habs scored 6 goals. Markov had 4 points! i think i will tell my froend to go buy a Theodore bobble head now!

i have other great memories, like when i went to The Forum to watch a game with my father, i barely remember, i was so young, all i can recall is we were in standing room only area.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Fading minds think alike. Funny, I can see the 3rd period goals. Without looking it up somewhere, Belveau [2] Lemaire,Fergy, The Big M ? Shame, I can't remember what I go the store for though.
Where ?

Henri Richard got the ball rolling in the second, I think.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:46 PM
wholeshow*

that one time we played well for an entire 60 minutes and won.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:54 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Where ? In the dark cobweb filled recesses of my mind.

Henri Richard got the ball rolling in the second, I think.
Yup.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:54 PM
The CUBE

Mine was quite a while ago when Roy was in nets and when Fuhr was with the Sabres.

I remember we were losing and there was about 5 minutes left in the game. My dad wanted to leave since we were losing. I told no wait I think something is going to happen then not even a minute later there was a huge brawl. Even Roy and Fuhr went at it (more holding each other than anything else), I could remeber the croud just going crazy. We didn't end up winning the game but that was my first NHL game. Another cool thing is that could say I got to see the canadiens at the Forum. all in all it was great experience even if we didn't win.

That was mine.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:57 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledemers
Mine was quite a while ago when Roy was in nets and when Fuhr was with the Sabres.
I think your "quite a while ago" makes McPhee and Gros Bill sound like dinosaures...

Old
02-03-2006, 01:01 PM
AH

Pierre Page tearing a strip off Mats Sundin on the bench during the 1993 playoff series.

Old
02-03-2006, 01:06 PM
The CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69
I think your "quite a while ago" makes McPhee and Gros Bill sound like dinosaures...
Oops, well I guess for me it's while ago. I was like 10 back then I'm now 25.

I really didn't mean it in that fashion though..

Old
02-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Gump_Wamsley

I've been priveledged enough to see alot of things happen on Montreal ice. Some good and some bad. Like Chelios nailing Brian Propp in that Philly series, i swear, you could hear his head smack the ice in your dreams later that night. The only thing that comes close is the Mclaren/Zednik shot in the Boston series, bad moments.

I got to see St.Patrick say goodbye to Corey, and, although we didn't know it at the time, goodbye to us all. I got to see the 'flower power' come back in a Ranger uniform and win the hearts of the fans, until a young dawg named Shayne won the game. A more perfect script couldn't have been written in Hollywood.

I got to see Eric's 3 goals, and personally, got to see Kordic self-implode. No matter what anyone says, the guy had the heart of a champion, he always did, rest in peace. For some reason I remember a 9-3 win against Hartford, Mats scored 4, Bob was on fire. Look it up. It was a great night.

I got to see Lanny McDonald carry the Cup on Forum ice, something that had NEVER been done before by an opposing team. I got to see Dale Hunter give me a reason to hate the Nordiques, and I got to see a guy named Dave Brubaker kick the living snot out of him. Remember Brubaker?

I got to see Saku, come back from cancer....and I was lucky enough to stand in awe while The Rocket was adored, every minute of that ovation a memory in itself.

But....none of these are my best memory.

Because, my best memory....I barely remember.

I was too young, and it was getting late, past my bedtime for sure, and I knew it. Somehow, my house was filled with relatives that, well, relatively, I had rarely seen. But they were all there, huddled around the TV, screeching and yelling. For the most part, to my surprise........they were actually AGREEING on something. My family was never known to agree on anything, especially this loudly, but this seemed to be an exception.

I didn't really care much why they were yelling and/or agreeing....I just knew i was being allowed to stay up late and eat pizza. One name kept being thrown out and everyone in the room would nod and grunt and agree through bites of pepperoni.....

Dryden.

That seemed to be the topic. I don't remember much else....just late night pizza (11 pm was late for me then), and my family agreeing. Alot of smiling and general good-heartedness. I became a Habs fan that night and never even knew it.

My Dad explained the meaning of that night to me a few years later, and I've never looked back

Old
02-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
It was the 93 playoffs, I don't recall what series it was right now, but I know the game went to overtime. After the first overtime, I had fallen asleep on the couch (I was just 8) and so my dad carried me up to bed. The Canadiens ended up scoring early enough into the second OT period, and my mom came and woke me up to let me know. I went downstairs and watched the replays, then went back to bed. This is really my first memory of the team.

Old
02-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Brett38

Oh my..so many to choose from!

1. 1975 New Years Eve...Montreal 3 vs Soviet Union 3

2. 1979 Semi Finals vs Boston, Game 7 in OT...Montreal 5 vs Boston 4

3. 1986 Playoffs Game 7 in OT. Claude Lemieux Scores OT winner

4. 1971 against Boston in Playoffs...Montreal 7 vs Boston 5

5. 1993 playoffs against Quebec. Kirk Muller scores OT winner in game 5

I'm sure I've forgotten many others. Other great games I remember were against the Black Hawks in 1971 and 1973. Henri Richard comes to mind scoring some big goals as did Cam Connor in the mid 70's in doulble overtime against the Leafs on Palmateer...lol. Just figured I would put that one in...ha!

Old
02-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Coco Fever

I have 2:
First time I saw a game live...with my dad at le Forum.
Montral vs Washington...1984, I was 8.
I don't remember the score...but I do remember that Bobby Carpenter (Capitals) had to nice transparent plastic blades on his skates!!!

The second one is this year at the beginning of the year, MTL vs Florida in November. First time I watched a game with my wife...who's pregnant (due in April). Great seats and the greatest moment is when my wife said: "Regarde, Youppi est là!" (Look, Youppi is there!) HA!

Old
02-03-2006, 02:11 PM
Gump_Wamsley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco Fever
I have 2:
First time I saw a game live...with my dad at le Forum.
Montral vs Washington...1984, I was 8.
I don't remember the score...but I do remember that Bobby Carpenter (Capitals) had to nice transparent plastic blades on his skates!!!

The second one is this year at the beginning of the year, MTL vs Florida in November. First time I watched a game with my wife...who's pregnant (due in April). Great seats and the greatest moment is when my wife said: "Regarde, Youppi est là!" (Look, Youppi is there!) HA!
Oh man that's classic! I'm laffin so hard my Molson Ex just spewed thru my nose! Congrats on the upcoming baby, just promise his or her name won't be Youppi!!!

Old
02-03-2006, 02:21 PM
HCH

As a fan from western Canada my chances to see the Habs play are limited but my brother bought me tickets for the last game played at the Forum and the first game played at the Molson (Bell) Centre. It was fantastic and the parade of the Canadiens including former greats down Ste. Catherine Street was unbelievable.

Old
02-03-2006, 07:04 PM
oli500

My favorite moment was game 7 vs the bruins 2 years ago. 3rd period zednik scoring the game winner. That series will stuck in my head for a long time.

I was to young to enjoy the stanley cup run in 1993 I was 8 . I wanted to watch the games but couldent because the game was in L.A. my dad put me to bed. Man I could hear him scream everytime the habs score a goal. It was after that I became a fan.

Old
02-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Riggins

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclusky
My favourite moment was a couple of Saturdays ago when the Habs gave up six goals in the first period to the Canucks. Man, were they awful . How can a team that has won 482 Stanley Cups give up six goals in one period. Oh well, at least the Canucks are awesome!
All you supposed Habs fans that complain about your "team" should switch over to cheering for a winner. Jump on the Canucks bandwagon and cheer for a team with a chance of doing something come playoff time!!

GO CANUCKS!!!
The Canucks have a chance of doing something in the playoffs?

Closed Thread