HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDM/CLB proposal

Closed Thread

Old
02-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Oilforcup

vCash: 500
EDM/CLB proposal

I think I may actually get flamed by fellow oiler fans for this one...but I think its really fair and even.

Schremp + Winchester (should become a good 3rd liner) + Ulanov (salary dump) + Conklin (salary dump)

for

Denis + Vyborny

Salaries are almost even

Old
02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Send a message via Yahoo to DJAnimosity
By including Schremp, you have certainly created the "knock your socks off" type of deal that Doug MacLean is looking for.

Take out Ulanov and replace him with a second round pick and you may have something.

Last edited by DJAnimosity: 02-03-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old
02-03-2006, 12:43 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilforcup
I think I may actually get flamed by fellow oiler fans for this one...but I think its really fair and even.

Schremp + Winchester (should become a good 3rd liner) + Ulanov (salary dump) + Conklin (salary dump)

for

Denis + Vyborny

Salaries are almost even
Bad deal for CBJ I think. Ulanov and Conklin are basically worthless. Winchester has no value to CBJ because they have more than enough "good 3rd liners". Only thing of value is Schremp, and he's not enough to warrant a good starter and CBJ's 3rd (??) best forward.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:48 PM
Oilforcup

well if its a bad deal, how would you make it work then?

Schremp > Denis
Schremp >>>> Vyborny

What would edm have to add, and keep in mind that the salaries need to be somewhat close, as I dont think edm can add too much more.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:50 PM
Oilforcup

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity
Take out Ulanov and replace him with a second round pick and you may have something.

How about we keep ulanov in and add the 2nd

Old
JonQuixote

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogic
Only thing of value is Schremp, and he's not enough to warrant a good starter and CBJ's 3rd (??) best forward.
Ai-yai-yai.

Who knows how Schremp will turn out, but with his pedigree and at the rate he's scoring, he could easily become a very, very special player.

I'd rather throw the towel in this year than move Schremp in any deal for Denis. Maybe he pans out, maybe he doesn't, but his potential ceiling is as high as any young player in this league right now.

Old
Jamie

Quote:
Bad deal for CBJ I think. Ulanov and Conklin are basically worthless. Winchester has no value to CBJ because they have more than enough "good 3rd liners". Only thing of value is Schremp, and he's not enough to warrant a good starter and CBJ's 3rd (??) best forward.
Well... I'd do it if I was Columbus. Schremp is worth more than the two going back, however, they get to unload a goalie that doesn't work for them for an upgrade, where they need it most. Personally I'm not a fan of Denis, I don't think he's at all in the upper echelon of starters. Winchester would be a plus for Columbus as is young and tough to play amongst the bottom lines for a while. Plus dumping Ulanov is a plus for the Oil too.

In short, this deal is dependate entirely on the values of Schremp and Denis. The rest is just stuff that's there.

Old
02-03-2006, 12:56 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie
Well... I'd do it if I was Columbus. Schremp is worth more than the two going back, however, they get to unload a goalie that doesn't work for them for an upgrade, where they need it most. Personally I'm not a fan of Denis, I don't think he's at all in the upper echelon of starters. Winchester would be a plus for Columbus as is young and tough to play amongst the bottom lines for a while. Plus dumping Ulanov is a plus for the Oil too.

In short, this deal is dependate entirely on the values of Schremp and Denis. The rest is just stuff that's there.
I may be wrong here, but from what I understand from CBJ fans, Vyborny is a very important player to their team and wouldn't be just a "throw-in". I think a deal around Schremp for Denis with picks to even it out on either side is possible. Remember that Maclean said a deal for Denis would have to blow his socks off, so Edmonton would have to overpay here. They've been a bit of a run lately and could still be pushing for the playoffs, so I don't think they consider themselves sellers just yet.

Old
02-03-2006, 01:02 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Quote:
How about we keep ulanov in and add the 2nd
Sorry, but the Jackets don't have much use for Ulanov. We already have 8 healthy d-men on the roster.

Old
02-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Oilforcup

Im not saying that they have use for Ulanov, all Im saying is that if CLB wants the 2nd, they have to bite the salary on Ulanov. There is now way I would consider adding a second and adding 1M in salary

Old
02-03-2006, 01:26 PM
CBJSlash

Quote:
Schremp > Denis
Schremp >>>> Vyborny
You have got to be kidding me. Vyborny captained the Czech National Team and Robbie "I drop 20 spots in the draft because I don't want to lift weights in front of other men" Schremp is 4 greater than signs over David Vyborny.

I'd even go as far as say Vyborny > Denis.

Vyborny is not a toss in player. He is the type of player that can play on any line, in any situation. A deal around Schremp and Denis can be worked, but the only way Vyborny will be dealt is if we feel we won't be able to sign him. (and that probably won't happen).

Old
02-03-2006, 01:28 PM
rigger

Nash Stats in OHL
17 year old - 58 gp - 66 pts
18 year old - 54 gp - 74 pts

Schremp OHL Stats
17 years old - 60 gp - 69 pts
18 years old - 62 gp - 90 pts

Schremp could possibly be our version of Nash, just smaller but with incredible hands. I think if we are trading him we want Brule and Denis for Schremp and a top 4/5 d man.

Old
02-03-2006, 01:33 PM
DJAnimosity
fear= the mindkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger
Schremp could possibly be our version of Nash, just smaller but with incredible hands. I think if we are trading him we want Brule and Denis for Schremp and a top 4/5 d man.
* dial tone *

Old
02-03-2006, 01:34 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJAnimosity
* dial tone *

Old
02-03-2006, 01:37 PM
X0ssbar

Quote:
I may be wrong here, but from what I understand from CBJ fans, Vyborny is a very important player to their team and wouldn't be just a "throw-in". I think a deal around Schremp for Denis with picks to even it out on either side is possible. Remember that Maclean said a deal for Denis would have to blow his socks off, so Edmonton would have to overpay here. They've been a bit of a run lately and could still be pushing for the playoffs, so I don't think they consider themselves sellers just yet.
You nailed it. This proposal should focus around a Denis for Schremp swap.

Cbus is in contract negotiations now for Vybes so that tells me 1. They want him in their future plans or 2. If the dollars won't work he may be available since I believe he is a UFA at seasons end. My bet with Vbyes is that we resign him.

Old
02-03-2006, 01:38 PM
Oilforcup

Vyborny is by no means a throw in, but I think you are overvaluing him here. When was he captain? When all the good players were in the playing in the NHL playoffs. And theres a funny thing about the past. Things change over time. Schremp dropped because of his rumored indifference to defense and team game. Since the draft his coach says he has corrected both of those, and would probably go in the top 5 now if the draft were redone

Old
02-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Oilforcup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf
You nailed it. This proposal should focus around a Denis for Schremp swap.

The reason I added Vyborny is because i do think he is a good player that would help the oilers a lot, and because I dont think Denis is anywhere close to the value of Schremp. If CLB fans dont want to move Vyborny and only Denis, I really have no desire to put Schremp on the table. Then we can all go back to talking about MAP + for Denis

Old
02-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Bottom line, I think this is a very good trade for CLM. If Denis steps up in the P/O's, which is very possible behind a MUCH better defensive team than he's seen since he's became a starter, it could be a great trade for EDM as well. There is a lot more risk for EDM making this deal though. They would really have to play well in the P/O's to move their #1 prospect in Shremp.

I beleive both players that Cbus is trading are UFA's. This type of move would help them very much going forward. Conklin & Ulanov are obvious salary dumps for EDM, but importantly CLM has no salary commitment to these guys after this year.

Mclean likely would then make a significant pitch to resign Vyborny in the off-season.

There's no way that CLM would be kicking in a Brule or Picard type of player to get Shremp. That's just crazy talk.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:05 PM
marmarsab
Formerly #13 & Schen

Why is Vyborny being thrown around like he's nothing, the guy is a terrific player.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:10 PM
oilers24

I dunno if i would part with schremp in this package even though i would be estatic if denis was wearin copper and blue but i would throw in pouliot + for this pacakge.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:15 PM
taunting canadian

You people do realize that there's this thing called a CBA, that Schremp would be playing on an entry-level contract for 3 seasons, and that Vyborny is UFA at the end of the season, right?

You also realize that Columbus is not going to be making the playoffs this season, right?

Just checking.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:31 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

JonQuixote is the only non CBJ poster that has put out a Denis proposal I liked. Hereís what he threw out:

Denis/4th
for
Cogliano/JD Deslauries/Staios/3rd

First -- yes, we know its an overpayment -- but thatís the standard MacLean is setting isnít it?

Columbus shores up their defense, which isnít a priority, but is a nice luxury, and picks up two good prospects.
Edmonton upgrades in goal without sacrificing much from the active roster and gets to keep its beloved top prospect in Schremp.
Salaries are about even.
With Schremp, Pouliot and Dubnyk, the Oil still have good prospect depth at center and goal. Plus, Denis is still only 28, young enough to be their goalie for years to come.

Ideally, if Denis is traded, Iíd like it to be to address the teamís biggest need which is goalscoring (which is why I constantly harp on a Raffi Torres for Denis deal). This deal doesnít do that, but it gives Columbus more assets to use to potentially get the goal scoring they need.
I donít like weakening the CBJ net like that, but there are going to be competent goaltenders out there in the offseason who can push Leclaire (John Grahame comes to mind).

Of all the proposals Iíve seen, I like this best. I think it works for both teams, both in the short term and long term.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Oilforcup

As an oiler fan, Id rather just add Schremp to that package and go for loungo...thats an offer I wouldnt even consider

Old
02-03-2006, 02:38 PM
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse

As to the initial proposal, I like Schremp, but Columbus would be dealing from the position of power, not Edmonton. So Iím not sure the Oilers would be in any position to demand that Columbus take on Ulanov and Conklin, let alone ask for Vyborny as a throw-in.

MacLean doesnít have to trade Denis at all. Leclaire is not ready to be #1. Denis is coming into his own and is one of the major reasons why the team has played so well in the last month. MacLean has the luxury of naming the price and terms of a Denis trade.
If Lowe or whomever doesnít like it, then as a CBJ colleague of mine so eloquently put it -- dialtone.

Columbus will GLADLY go into next season with the Denis/Leclaire tandem, if need be.

Old
02-03-2006, 02:44 PM
cbj21

vyborny will always perform even if noone else is and that makes him special and very important to jackets.

But that said Schremp seems pretty good so a Denis and Vyb for Schremp + something seems more than plausable.

Lets send Picard to Ducks for Perry and we could have a London Knights lineup lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigger
Nash Stats in OHL
17 year old - 58 gp - 66 pts
18 year old - 54 gp - 74 pts

Schremp OHL Stats
17 years old - 60 gp - 69 pts
18 years old - 62 gp - 90 pts

I belive Nash was the dominating one man force on Knights those 2 years while Shremp was a 4th and 3rd man so its not realy the same

Last edited by cbj21: 02-03-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Closed Thread