HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Purpose PK Subban Discussion Thread

Old
02-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Pred303

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwpreds View Post
I wasn't doubting you, just curious to see the actual numbers.......
following up on me saying i would post numbers this morning;

Corsi Close 5 on 5;
this year 50.4 (18th), last year 52.0 (7th), year before 53.5 (6th)

Corsi for;
this year 51.4 (5th), last year 52.5 (4th), year before last 52.7

Fenwick for;
this year 51.1 (9th), last year 53.6 (2nd), year before 52.9 (5th)

SF %
this year 51.6, last year 52.7, year before 53.0

so while numbers are fairly close in a couple categories, the fact is is that our 'puck possession numbers' have in fact decreased across the board, and doesn't support saying that the weber-subban trade has helped possession numbers like some want to claim.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2017, 09:20 AM
drwpreds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post

Corsi Close 5 on 5;

Corsi for;

Fenwick for;

SF %

so while numbers are fairly close in a couple categories, the fact is is that our 'puck possession numbers' have in fact decreased across the board, and doesn't support saying that the weber-subban trade has helped possession numbers like some want to claim.
Thanks for posting........ I still would like to see what the numbers would have been had we been healthy. Top 4 D has only had 24 games together.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2017, 10:04 AM
nomorekids
The original, baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post

Corsi Close 5 on 5;

Corsi for;

Fenwick for;

SF %

We did play a significant portion of this season without Subban though...I'd be curious as to where things lineup when considering only games where PK was in the lineup.

They mentioned on last night's broadcast that Subban told Joe Micheletti that he feels "about 80 percent" right now, healthwise.

02-10-2017, 10:29 AM
Pred303

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
We did play a significant portion of this season without Subban though...I'd be curious as to where things lineup when considering only games where PK was in the lineup.

They mentioned on last night's broadcast that Subban told Joe Micheletti that he feels "about 80 percent" right now, healthwise.
on the first point, don't know that number exactly of course, but do see we outshot oppenents in 7 and were outshot 9 games in the 16 while he was out.

and yeah i actually was glad to hear that he thought he was at about '80%', gives hope for things ahead.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2017, 02:16 PM
drwpreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post

Yes- I was also glad to hear that 80% quote.

And it's also yet another example of this- any time we get real news about our players it almost always comes from somewhere far, far away from Nashville.

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2017, 02:38 PM
triggrman

vCash: 557
Milwaukee does a better job covering the Admirals than the Nashville media does the Predators. Get rid of Mark Howard and Terry Crisp and give us some real journalist to do real interviews for the TV broadcast.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2017, 02:41 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Milwaukee does a better job covering the Admirals than the Nashville media does the Predators. Get rid of Mark Howard and Terry Crisp and give us some real journalist to do real interviews for the TV broadcast.
Mark and Terry's job is more of an "anchor" like you see on the news. They are there just to read the stories and nothing more. I do however wish we could get a better broadcast crew as well as a beat writer. Adam is better than many that we have had recently but he's still not great.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2017, 05:21 PM
triggrman

Who decides the stories Mark and Terry report?

Old
02-10-2017, 07:06 PM
Preds33

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Who decides the stories Mark and Terry report?
I'd say the producers like any show.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2017, 09:34 PM
triggrman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
I'd say the producers like any show.
We need better producers then.

Old
02-11-2017, 07:19 PM
thecloser

I was all for the Weber/Subban trade and now I'm extremely disappointed and retracting any good thing I said about it.

We should have never traded Weber. I've been extremely unimpressed.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 05:28 AM
Armourboy

I seriously think it's too early to tell. Now if he doesn't play well next year and is hurt yet again, then yeah I'll agree. That is mainly due to the fact one season doesn't tell you much long term. Look at Wilson 2 years ago, that was a one season deal so far. Arvy could be as well, who knows. Irwin? Could be the same thing.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 11:43 AM
thecloser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
I seriously think it's too early to tell. Now if he doesn't play well next year and is hurt yet again, then yeah I'll agree. That is mainly due to the fact one season doesn't tell you much long term. Look at Wilson 2 years ago, that was a one season deal so far. Arvy could be as well, who knows. Irwin? Could be the same thing.
Wilson is crap. Has always been crap except for the playoffs last year. Wilson can go too. He's garbage. You can't even use him as a comparison.

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 02:39 PM
LeafingTheWay

Look at Montreals Weber thread. A lot seem to be not happy with him. He's massively slowed down after November and isn't a 'rock' defensively. For the last 75% of the season, Montreal has been on a points pace for 23rd in the season!!! So don't look at Nashville's average season and say we would have been better off (Same time last year Nashville was 2 pts back from this year's Nashville).

We haven't seen the real Subban yet. We saw a close version of him for maybe a 10-15 game stretch before his injuries.

I really really think Lavy needs to put Ekholm-Ellis back together. From what I've watched this season Josi-Ellis is dynamite offensively but needs work on the shots and goals against side. Josi-Subban would be a much better top pairing, while letting Ekholm-Ellis get theit awesome results like they have in the past. Ellis has been great but he's get used wayyy too much and it shows in his underlying stats.

Take this from a Leafs fan who hate Montreal but loves Subban and now loves Nashville

LeafingTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 02:43 PM
Drake744
Swedish House Mafia

vCash: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafingTheWay View Post
We haven't seen the real Subban yet. We saw a close version of him for maybe a 10-15 game stretch before his injuries.

I really really think Lavy needs to put Ekholm-Ellis back together. From what I've watched this season Josi-Ellis is dynamite offensively but needs work on the shots and goals against side. Josi-Subban would be a much better top pairing, while letting Ekholm-Ellis get theit awesome results like they have in the past. Ellis has been great but he's get used wayyy too much and it shows in his underlying stats.

Take this from a Leafs fan who hate Montreal but loves Subban and now loves Nashville
I don't know if Josi and Subban simply can't find chemistry but Ekholm-Ellis has been a successful pairing in the past. I want Lavy to put them back together but it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen anytime soon. The fact that Josi is having an off year makes me worried that playing with Weber made him look way better than he is.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Armourboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
Wilson is crap. Has always been crap except for the playoffs last year. Wilson can go too. He's garbage. You can't even use him as a comparison.
I think you completely whiffed on the point of my post.

Armourboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 03:14 PM
LeafingTheWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I don't know if Josi and Subban simply can't find chemistry but Ekholm-Ellis has been a successful pairing in the past. I want Lavy to put them back together but it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen anytime soon. The fact that Josi is having an off year makes me worried that playing with Weber made him look way better than he is.
In an ideal world Ellis would be a LHD and EkHolm a RHD. Ellis-Subban, Josi-Ekholm would be perfect matches.

I'd rather see them have an opportunity to try to get chemistry than keep them apart forever. I mean they've been together for 85 minutes this season (4 games). I think Lavy is so intent on having two elite PMD on different pairings that he doesn't want them together (that's why they're on different PP units?).

I think a huge reason why Josi doesn't look as good is because his partner Ellis is a stepdown ftom Weber/Subban level (no offense to Ellis who is great).

LeafingTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 04:22 PM
preds1
Weber's Bomb

vCash: 1548
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
I was all for the Weber/Subban trade and now I'm extremely disappointed and retracting any good thing I said about it.

We should have never traded Weber. I've been extremely unimpressed.
I hated it when it went down. Nothing has changed my opinion.

preds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 07:01 PM
LCPreds

I can't tell if this is a Subban thing. A Subban as a Predator thing. Or a Predators just aren't good thing.

I was all for this trade. But if we're going to suck I would rather just do it with Weber. To be honest, if I didn't know Subban was supposed to be a D stud I would just assume he is another run of the mill D man. But of course I would say the same of Josi this season as well.

So which is it?

LCPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 10:32 PM
triggrman

I don't know how anybody could watch this season and say Subban has looked better than Josi.

Old
02-12-2017, 10:57 PM
GeauxPreds

I don't really think anyone has been? I'm pretty much willing to give it til the end of next season before I start making judgements but Weber is 31, after this season he's got maybe one or two years playing at a top pairing level and thats it. you could argue that may be wont slow down much after 33 but I think most of us find that hard to believe just from what we've seen and the physical style he plays. Even if PK is never at the level of peak Weber at worst he's been a decent top 4 guy that extends our cup window by a few more years, the only real complaint is the amount of cap he takes up.

GeauxPreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 11:22 PM
klt2001

I like to see PK 100% healthy before I judge. Let's just hope he can get healthy by next season and plays alot better. So far he's just been okay/decent this year imo.

Last edited by klt2001: 02-12-2017 at 11:30 PM.
klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 11:28 PM
klt2001

He's been okay this season but nothing spectacular or elite imo.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2017, 11:46 PM
pkshowban
Rookie User

I agree..Subban have not a great season right now. I know him and he s better than that. But here the stats..The last 40 games

Shea norris weber 6g 13a for 19 pts and minus 2
Pk show ban 7g 15 a for 22 pts and minus 9

With a good season and no injury... for weber. And PK with not a good season and a big injury...I hope pk gonna find the right way in the Lavi s systeme to be better.

Sorry for my english.

pkshowban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2017, 03:16 AM
GoldOnGold

It's pretty funny that at the same time a bunch of people on here are saying they regret the Weber/Subban trade, the exact same thing is happening over on the Habs board, with their post-game thread being full of people wishing they had never made the trade and complaining that Weber isn't as good as they thought.

GoldOnGold is offline   Reply With Quote